Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Dilaudid

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 770 medications

Review by LungCancerStg4 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Works

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2015 8:58 PM

For Pain: I was in the hospital for appendicitis and I was given this to help with the pain and before the entire shot was inside of me my head hit the pillow and I had instant release of pain... Greatest pain killer I've ever had

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Review by paulieharris (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Finally0 found a medication with little side effects

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 9:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: Dilaudid worked great for pain without all the side effects from other pain meds, but doctors are no longer willing to prescribe them. Probably due to all the abuse and how difficult the DEA is now making things for pharmacists who fill them and doctors prescribing them.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 7:25 PM

Review by pole vaulting man (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I was prescribed this medication for breakthrough pain. It works better than the oxycodone and I rate it a 10. They would highly recommend this medication to people with severe pain to help with the breakthrough pain. This is Dilaudid which is a very effective medication post surgery.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 3:30 AM

Review by Rotatorfix:

For Chronic Pain: Nothing else worked except this 2mg dose without side effects. It wore off after 6 hours. Given post surgery use, but could have helped longer since everything else caused migraines.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 5:11 PM

Review by Billbuoy:

For Pain: Almost instant pain relief , best I've had and I've had a lot

January 9, 2015 10:30 PM

Review by lisawooten (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: It really makes most of the pain go away it takes a little bit for them to work but I'm on a low dose

December 19, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by dietcokesss:

For Pain: Taking for chronic regional pain syndrome.

December 18, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by Natisly:

For Chronic Pain: When my migraine gets out of control this is the only medicine that kills it. The down side is that I have to go to the ER to get it and sometimes they give you a hard time as they think you are an addict.

December 15, 2014 6:27 PM

Review by AZ Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Chronic Pain: After a failed back surgery, my orthopedic surgeons kept telling me I %u201Cshould%u201D be walking again. I could not get out of the wheel chair I had been in for over 12 weeks without assistance. And once out of it, I could not walk without severe pain. The docs eventually found bone fragments had been pushed INTO my spine rather than being removed before bone cement was used to repair my crushed vertebrae. While they could %u201Ctry%u201D to remove them and redo the surgery, the chances of my not being able to walk, ever, were far too high to justify the risk of surgery. A brilliant pain management specialist in LA found the combination of Dilaudid and Morphine worked well for me. After starting pain medications, I was able to stand and eventually to walk again.

November 30, 2014 1:54 AM

Review by Bettysdad 1:

For Pain: Took the top edge off of the pain caused by several broken bones in my foot, which was making life pretty difficult. I was left with what I'd describe as the pain from a bad bruise, but fairly easy to deal with.

October 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by mat7401 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: I've been taking this in tablet form for failed back surgery, and CRPS in both legs up to the thigh. It doesn't relieve all the pain, but it relieves enough to get me through my day of being a full time stay-at-home single dad. I think I got better relief from the oxycodone I was on before, but it would only last 2-3 hours, whereas the Dilaudid lasts a solid 4 hours, so I get a little bit more time with my little guy where my pain is under control. Wish I could take the ER version, but due to gastric bypass, no ER tablets work on me... Can't say it's given me my life back, because I was a wind turbine technician when I became disabled, but I get enough relief to be with my son instead of on the bed in relentless agonising pain.

September 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Review by tbake294 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: My experience with Dilaudid is Amazing, I have Severe Chronic Pain due to an Autonomic Dysfunction called Dysautonomia, I have tried MANY MANY other pain meds. even had nerve blocks & injections but nothing worked. I would recommend Dilaudid to Anyone experiencing severe pain because it works 100% (at least for me it did but then again everyone is different)

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Review by Lisataylor42 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was in an auto accident that left me in a Coma for 38 days & was told by all 5 of my orthopedic Dr's I'd NEVER STAND OR WALK AGAIN. 6 mo. Later I took my first steps! I broke both hips both femurs (thigh bones) in 2 places, shattered both tibia & fibula (shin bones) & both knees. I am titanium rods the length of the bones, wires, nails & screws. I was on 4 different pain Narcotics every 2 hrs. The ONLY ONE THAT GAVE ME RELIEF WAS THE DILAUDID! None of the oxy 's or even the 100mg Morphine phased me. Now I'm on Percocet 10-325 & 100mg Morphine. Percs just knock the edge off but gives me the energy to keep moving. I WANT MY DILAUDIDS BACK & KEEP MY PERCS FOR MY BREAKTHROUGH. THEY HELP ME LEAD A PRODUCTIVE LIFE! 2yrs on

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Averina (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: Very pleased with the medicine. Suffered very severe pain.

June 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Review by Lil' Miss Priss:

For Pain: A couple of summers ago, I got a spider bite that unfortunately developed into a full blown MRSA outbreak, which spread to multiple parts of my body! I ended up being hospitalized for 3 weeks while trying to clear up the horribly painful infection, where they gave Me extreme doses of antibiotics & Dilaudid (4mg) IV every 2 hours. Within moments of each dose, ALL the pain would fade away & I'd get incomparable relief!!! However on the opposite extreme, the tablet form of this medicine (hydromorphone) that the doctor sent Me home on, didn't even compare. I couldn't even tell after taking it, I would rate the pill form a 1!

May 12, 2014 9:53 PM

Review by RunnerJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: Gained tolerance quickly on this med- maxed out dosage/ frequency and had to add additional pains meds to address pain issues. Have not had issues with dependency thankfully-

May 5, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by nasc90:

For Chronic Pain: Good pain relief but not long lasting. Doc switched me to a new one Exalgo not bad but not as good so far in long lasting 24hr dose.

April 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by jonestevem (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I have been on this medicine now for almost 10 years now, until recently, I've only had tolerable minor side effects, sweats and itching. Besides it relieving the pain, it is great because there are only a few other meds that it had bad interactions with (and grapefruit, the grapefruit kept the pain meds from working). Unfortunately after being on it so long, my body has gotten too used to it and no longer works for me and it has started to make my feet, ankles and calves swell. I still highly recommend Dilaudid to any one. Besides the pain relief, the withdrawals from Dilaudid are not that bad to go through.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Review by Valencia01 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: I am receiving Dilaudid through a pain pump. It's just been a month since the surgery. I was opiate tolerant at the time. I have sarcoidosis degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis. I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I'm not sleepy but I did get tingling in the lower left leg that went to my toes. I am stiff in joints but not sure if it's the arthritis or Dilaudid. I rate it at 8.5.

February 28, 2014 8:17 AM

Review by Normally normal:

For Pain: Been on it for several years for spinal condition. Never had any uncomfortable side effects from it, and it managed my pain great. Now I have been taken off Dilaudid and put on Methadone. Nausea, periodic profuse sweating along with agonizing pain is what I'm back to. I also got tired of finding doctors that were willing to prescribe it, finding a pharmacy that carried it and even if the pharmacy has them, you still have the pharmacists who decide to "play God and were not willing to fill it for you. If you are lucky enough to establish these 3. things, you're still having to deal with ignorant attitudes from people who think they know more than the orthopedic professionals that you have to see on a monthly basis.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by jewwie:

For Chronic Pain: I am allergic to a lot of pain meds. This is the only medicine I can take that takes the pain away.

February 14, 2014 2:30 AM

Review by Vikcha (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I recently had a heart attack on top of my cancer and at the hospital they gave me this medicine to help control my pain. Before I had used it I was using oxycodone, but that had never truly worked to control my pain. Dilaudid, while also not fully relieving the pain, did a much greater job. Unfortunately they would not allow me to take it at home, so now I am suffering because I know what it feels like to have my pain managed and the oxycodone just isn't enough.

February 8, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by Tom 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: Stopped dry hacking cough, have used it once but found Drs don't write for this medicine.

February 4, 2014 4:22 PM