User Reviews for Dilaudid

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 734 medications

8.8
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 179 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Dilaudid

Review by nasc90: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Good pain relief but not long lasting. Doc switched me to a new one Exalgo not bad but not as good so far in long lasting 24hr dose.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 12:55 PM
Review by jonestevem (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I have been on this medicine now for almost 10 years now, until recently, I've only had tolerable minor side effects, sweats and itching. Besides it relieving the pain, it is great because there are only a few other meds that it had bad interactions with (and grapefruit, the grapefruit kept the pain meds from working). Unfortunately after being on it so long, my body has gotten too used to it and no longer works for me and it has started to make my feet, ankles and calves swell. I still highly recommend Dilaudid to any one. Besides the pain relief, the withdrawals from Dilaudid are not that bad to go through.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 6:08 AM
Review by Valencia01 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I am receiving Dilaudid through a pain pump. It's just been a month since the surgery. I was opiate tolerant at the time. I have sarcoidosis degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis. I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I'm not sleepy but I did get tingling in the lower left leg that went to my toes. I am stiff in joints but not sure if it's the arthritis or Dilaudid. I rate it at 8.5.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2014 8:17 AM
Review by Normally normal: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Been on it for several years for spinal condition. Never had any uncomfortable side effects from it, and it managed my pain great. Now I have been taken off Dilaudid and put on Methadone. Nausea, periodic profuse sweating along with agonizing pain is what I'm back to. I also got tired of finding doctors that were willing to prescribe it, finding a pharmacy that carried it and even if the pharmacy has them, you still have the pharmacists who decide to "play God and were not willing to fill it for you. If you are lucky enough to establish these 3. things, you're still having to deal with ignorant attitudes from people who think they know more than the orthopedic professionals that you have to see on a monthly basis.

February 24, 2014 12:31 PM
Review by jewwie: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I am allergic to a lot of pain meds. This is the only medicine I can take that takes the pain away.

February 14, 2014 2:30 AM
Review by Vikcha (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I recently had a heart attack on top of my cancer and at the hospital they gave me this medicine to help control my pain. Before I had used it I was using oxycodone, but that had never truly worked to control my pain. Dilaudid, while also not fully relieving the pain, did a much greater job. Unfortunately they would not allow me to take it at home, so now I am suffering because I know what it feels like to have my pain managed and the oxycodone just isn't enough.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2014 1:06 PM
Review by Tom 2 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Cough: Stopped dry hacking cough, have used it once but found Drs don't write for this medicine.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 4, 2014 4:22 PM
Review by Wana be pain free: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I have tried all of it and so far Dilaudid works best for me.

January 21, 2014 5:41 PM
Review by Brad Johnson (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I received it for pain following gall bladder surgery worked really well for me - I do not like codeine based products.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2013 5:34 PM
Review by Aza111 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Excellent for migraines the best. Unlike all the other medicines. Again, doesn't make me sick like Relpax, effective unlike Imitrex. I just wish I could get it again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2013 8:20 AM
Review by novmber213: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Taking for pain in my right shoulder.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2013 6:03 AM
Review by OldnBroken (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I have had 15 surgeries for injuries sustained through sports and accidents. I also have severe migraines that started when I was 18. My Xtreme sporting life is over. I am in pain 24/7. Dr too concerned about DEA so I have no solution other than load up on Advil. It worries me now because I'm getting older and the Xtreme pain really ups my BP. If severe pain and nausea lasts 3 days, I spend the $1k for the ER trip. Although each ER Doc wants to try very weak pain meds that have not worked, if I can get a shot of Dilaudid w phenergan, it seems to break the pain cycle. Morphine may work, but I can actually feel it in my body and that scares me. Just wish I didn't have to wait until I feel I'm dying and spend $1k to get relief from this drug.

November 8, 2013 7:06 PM
Review by sexcpillhead: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I went to the ER because I had severe pain in my right flank area and was told I had a kidney stone. I get them quite frequently now and I was given Dilaudid IV. I got the warm wonderful rush and felt very floaty and quite pleasant and I felt no pain.

September 15, 2013 10:48 PM
Review by Greta-Jane (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Dilaudid keeps me wide awake. I take 4 mg for failed back surgery. It does take the edge off, but doesn't take away 1/2 of the pain. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it keeps me wide awake. I took one pill at 4:30pm yesterday and last I looked at my clock last night, it was 4:33am.

September 14, 2013 11:52 PM
Review by chronicpain2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Really helps ease the breakthrough pain. I was afraid when I first started it that it wouldn't help much at all, but in truth it works better than anything else that I have been prescribed. I have had one surgery for three herniated discs of my cervical spine and now have two more that need surgery at waist level. I have been suffering, only existing. Not living for more than ten years. Dilaudid gave me back some of my life and it doesn't make me nauseous like many of the other medications that I have been on. Even though it doesn't take away all of the pain it does make it much more tolerable. Morphine made me sick and I was severely hyper sensitive to it. I am thankful for the relief Dilaudid has given me.

August 28, 2013 5:20 AM
Review by BGT (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Went to the ER was having a really bad gallbladder attack and was in agonizing pain! They gave me two doses of Morphine through the IV and it did nothing for the pain. Then they gave me Dilaudid through the IV and it was instant pain relief! I could have kissed the nurse who gave it to me! I did have a side effect a few hours later of itching skin especially of my face, chest and arms but I didn't care. I was so glad the pain was gone completely and fast.

August 12, 2013 11:19 PM
Review by kane75 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: Was given tab form while in hospital for severe pneumonia and bleeding ulcers+vomiting blood. Worked extremely well, asleep within 30 min with no noticeable pain for 2+ hrs. No side effects noticeable. Although duration is short I would take it again.

August 8, 2013 6:48 AM
Review by Heimann: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: It is helpful in neck and spine and helps the pain in my spine and neck and helps me be able to relax without constantly having to move in odd places to sleep and sit. Therefore I found that this helps with little side effects unlike other pain medication that I've been prescribed in the past.

July 22, 2013 12:31 PM
Review by r&b930 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I was given this shot in the E.R. for intense pain from a gallstone I had been dealing with and was scheduled to have removed. Unfortunately, the Gall Bladder became infected. The shot did nothing, nor did a second dose. I had already been in pain and I rarely get relief if I wait until it gets that bad instead of taking medicines consistently to keep it under control. My boyfriend, on the other hand, had a bowel resection and was also in extreme pain despite having a morphine pump. He was switched to Dilaudid and it relieved his pain immensely. As the reviews show, everyone is different. I don't know if I didn't get relief because it was too late for me so I rated it for that and for how well it worked for my friend.

July 22, 2013 6:39 AM
Review by Jonsonroc (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I've been diagnosed with rhabdomiolitis. The pain it brought was excruciating - 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. The rheumatologist ordered an initial dose of 4 mg by IV (this is an unusually high dose, the pharmacy double checked with the doctor before releasing the medicine). Subsequent doses were only 2 mg. Dilaudid took away ALL of my pain within 60 seconds. The relief lasted through the night, allowing me a full night of sleep. Hydromorphone, the tablet form, is far less effective than I.V. In fact, I was down right disappointed with the tablets. They seemed to do nothing at all for the pain. It's hard to believe that hydromorphone tablets and Dilaudid I.V. are the same medicine. I will request for my doctor to prescribe the Dilaudid injections.

July 17, 2013 4:33 AM
Review by Larry Woodcock (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I just started taking Dilaudid a short time ago. I have lived in misery for the last 12 years with lower and upper back pain. I have been on MS Contin. Vicodin, Lortab pill and liquid. I recently hurt my back at work to the point that, I could not even drive. My doctor put me on Dilaudid and I have to say that it works well. I feel for anyone who lives with chronic pain. At least I can move and work. Maybe not as fast as I once was but, I still get the job done. Please don't give up there are other alternatives that may work for you.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 14, 2013 5:48 AM
Review by crash civic: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Broke both my legs in a car crash. Shattered my right femur and broken right fibula. Dilaudid is the only when required medicine that really worked.

April 1, 2013 10:21 PM
Review by Christine D. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: I was in a motorcycle crash with a severely fractured wrist and was first given morphine, which sadly, had zero effect on the pain. The ER then gave me Dilaudid and it worked marvelously. I was in severe pain and it knocked it out well with no unpleasant side effects, as many report having with morphine. I was put on a pain pump timed for every 8 minutes and I was comfortable for the next 2 days before going home. I should mention, however, that my system processes pain medications VERY fast, so the same dose I take would likely be too strong for someone else.

February 15, 2013 10:15 PM
Review by blue1116 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: Car accident, 1997 ,diagnosed fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, herniated, bulging, protruding disks, anxiety/panic disorder, migraines, and last Friday I had a heart attack! I was given Dileudid through I.V.! Best medicine I have ever experienced!

January 25, 2013 1:14 PM
Review by runes: User Rating:

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: I had back surgery and I also have fibromyalgia. I have tried other pain killers and none of them really worked so for 6 years I lived in pain not having a very good outlook on life I ended up in the hospital. They put me on Dilaudid and my life has improved so much I cannot believe it.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2013 7:32 PM