User Reviews for Dilaudid

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 741 medications

9.5
Chronic Pain 21 reviews 102 medications

Pain 164 reviews 912 medications

8.8
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 186 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Dilaudid

Review by Bettysdad 1:

For Pain: Took the top edge off of the pain caused by several broken bones in my foot, which was making life pretty difficult. I was left with what I'd describe as the pain from a bad bruise, but fairly easy to deal with.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by mat7401 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: I've been taking this in tablet form for failed back surgery, and CRPS in both legs up to the thigh. It doesn't relieve all the pain, but it relieves enough to get me through my day of being a full time stay-at-home single dad. I think I got better relief from the oxycodone I was on before, but it would only last 2-3 hours, whereas the Dilaudid lasts a solid 4 hours, so I get a little bit more time with my little guy where my pain is under control. Wish I could take the ER version, but due to gastric bypass, no ER tablets work on me... Can't say it's given me my life back, because I was a wind turbine technician when I became disabled, but I get enough relief to be with my son instead of on the bed in relentless agonising pain.

September 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Review by tbake294 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: My experience with Dilaudid is Amazing, I have Severe Chronic Pain due to an Autonomic Dysfunction called Dysautonomia, I have tried MANY MANY other pain meds. even had nerve blocks & injections but nothing worked. I would recommend Dilaudid to Anyone experiencing severe pain because it works 100% (at least for me it did but then again everyone is different)

July 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Review by Lisataylor42 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was in an auto accident that left me in a Coma for 38 days & was told by all 5 of my orthopedic Dr's I'd NEVER STAND OR WALK AGAIN. 6 mo. Later I took my first steps! I broke both hips both femurs (thigh bones) in 2 places, shattered both tibia & fibula (shin bones) & both knees. I am titanium rods the length of the bones, wires, nails & screws. I was on 4 different pain Narcotics every 2 hrs. The ONLY ONE THAT GAVE ME RELIEF WAS THE DILAUDID! None of the oxy 's or even the 100mg Morphine phased me. Now I'm on Percocet 10-325 & 100mg Morphine. Percs just knock the edge off but gives me the energy to keep moving. I WANT MY DILAUDIDS BACK & KEEP MY PERCS FOR MY BREAKTHROUGH. THEY HELP ME LEAD A PRODUCTIVE LIFE! 2yrs on

June 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Averina (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: Very pleased with the medicine. Suffered very severe pain.

June 9, 2014 11:47 PM

Review by Lil' Miss Priss:

For Pain: A couple of summers ago, I got a spider bite that unfortunately developed into a full blown MRSA outbreak, which spread to multiple parts of my body! I ended up being hospitalized for 3 weeks while trying to clear up the horribly painful infection, where they gave Me extreme doses of antibiotics & Dilaudid (4mg) IV every 2 hours. Within moments of each dose, ALL the pain would fade away & I'd get incomparable relief!!! However on the opposite extreme, the tablet form of this medicine (hydromorphone) that the doctor sent Me home on, didn't even compare. I couldn't even tell after taking it, I would rate the pill form a 1!

May 12, 2014 9:53 PM

Review by RunnerJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: Gained tolerance quickly on this med- maxed out dosage/ frequency and had to add additional pains meds to address pain issues. Have not had issues with dependency thankfully-

May 5, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by nasc90:

For Chronic Pain: Good pain relief but not long lasting. Doc switched me to a new one Exalgo not bad but not as good so far in long lasting 24hr dose.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by jonestevem (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I have been on this medicine now for almost 10 years now, until recently, I've only had tolerable minor side effects, sweats and itching. Besides it relieving the pain, it is great because there are only a few other meds that it had bad interactions with (and grapefruit, the grapefruit kept the pain meds from working). Unfortunately after being on it so long, my body has gotten too used to it and no longer works for me and it has started to make my feet, ankles and calves swell. I still highly recommend Dilaudid to any one. Besides the pain relief, the withdrawals from Dilaudid are not that bad to go through.

March 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Review by Valencia01 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: I am receiving Dilaudid through a pain pump. It's just been a month since the surgery. I was opiate tolerant at the time. I have sarcoidosis degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis. I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I'm not sleepy but I did get tingling in the lower left leg that went to my toes. I am stiff in joints but not sure if it's the arthritis or Dilaudid. I rate it at 8.5.

February 28, 2014 8:17 AM

Review by Normally normal:

For Pain: Been on it for several years for spinal condition. Never had any uncomfortable side effects from it, and it managed my pain great. Now I have been taken off Dilaudid and put on Methadone. Nausea, periodic profuse sweating along with agonizing pain is what I'm back to. I also got tired of finding doctors that were willing to prescribe it, finding a pharmacy that carried it and even if the pharmacy has them, you still have the pharmacists who decide to "play God and were not willing to fill it for you. If you are lucky enough to establish these 3. things, you're still having to deal with ignorant attitudes from people who think they know more than the orthopedic professionals that you have to see on a monthly basis.

February 24, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by jewwie:

For Chronic Pain: I am allergic to a lot of pain meds. This is the only medicine I can take that takes the pain away.

February 14, 2014 2:30 AM

Review by Vikcha (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I recently had a heart attack on top of my cancer and at the hospital they gave me this medicine to help control my pain. Before I had used it I was using oxycodone, but that had never truly worked to control my pain. Dilaudid, while also not fully relieving the pain, did a much greater job. Unfortunately they would not allow me to take it at home, so now I am suffering because I know what it feels like to have my pain managed and the oxycodone just isn't enough.

February 8, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by Tom 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: Stopped dry hacking cough, have used it once but found Drs don't write for this medicine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by Wana be pain free:

For Chronic Pain: I have tried all of it and so far Dilaudid works best for me.

January 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by Brad Johnson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I received it for pain following gall bladder surgery worked really well for me - I do not like codeine based products.

December 13, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Aza111 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Excellent for migraines the best. Unlike all the other medicines. Again, doesn't make me sick like Relpax, effective unlike Imitrex. I just wish I could get it again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2013 8:20 AM

Review by novmber213:

For Pain: Taking for pain in my right shoulder.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2013 6:03 AM

Review by OldnBroken (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: I have had 15 surgeries for injuries sustained through sports and accidents. I also have severe migraines that started when I was 18. My Xtreme sporting life is over. I am in pain 24/7. Dr too concerned about DEA so I have no solution other than load up on Advil. It worries me now because I'm getting older and the Xtreme pain really ups my BP. If severe pain and nausea lasts 3 days, I spend the $1k for the ER trip. Although each ER Doc wants to try very weak pain meds that have not worked, if I can get a shot of Dilaudid w phenergan, it seems to break the pain cycle. Morphine may work, but I can actually feel it in my body and that scares me. Just wish I didn't have to wait until I feel I'm dying and spend $1k to get relief from this drug.

November 8, 2013 7:06 PM

Review by sexcpillhead:

For Pain: I went to the ER because I had severe pain in my right flank area and was told I had a kidney stone. I get them quite frequently now and I was given Dilaudid IV. I got the warm wonderful rush and felt very floaty and quite pleasant and I felt no pain.

September 15, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Greta-Jane (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: Dilaudid keeps me wide awake. I take 4 mg for failed back surgery. It does take the edge off, but doesn't take away 1/2 of the pain. For the life of me, I cannot understand why it keeps me wide awake. I took one pill at 4:30pm yesterday and last I looked at my clock last night, it was 4:33am.

September 14, 2013 11:52 PM

Review by chronicpain2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Really helps ease the breakthrough pain. I was afraid when I first started it that it wouldn't help much at all, but in truth it works better than anything else that I have been prescribed. I have had one surgery for three herniated discs of my cervical spine and now have two more that need surgery at waist level. I have been suffering, only existing. Not living for more than ten years. Dilaudid gave me back some of my life and it doesn't make me nauseous like many of the other medications that I have been on. Even though it doesn't take away all of the pain it does make it much more tolerable. Morphine made me sick and I was severely hyper sensitive to it. I am thankful for the relief Dilaudid has given me.

August 28, 2013 5:20 AM

Review by BGT (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Went to the ER was having a really bad gallbladder attack and was in agonizing pain! They gave me two doses of Morphine through the IV and it did nothing for the pain. Then they gave me Dilaudid through the IV and it was instant pain relief! I could have kissed the nurse who gave it to me! I did have a side effect a few hours later of itching skin especially of my face, chest and arms but I didn't care. I was so glad the pain was gone completely and fast.

August 12, 2013 11:19 PM

Review by kane75 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Was given tab form while in hospital for severe pneumonia and bleeding ulcers+vomiting blood. Worked extremely well, asleep within 30 min with no noticeable pain for 2+ hrs. No side effects noticeable. Although duration is short I would take it again.

August 8, 2013 6:48 AM

Review by Heimann:

For Pain: It is helpful in neck and spine and helps the pain in my spine and neck and helps me be able to relax without constantly having to move in odd places to sleep and sit. Therefore I found that this helps with little side effects unlike other pain medication that I've been prescribed in the past.

July 22, 2013 12:31 PM