User Reviews for Dilaudid (Page 6)

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 747 medications

9.5
Chronic Pain 36 reviews 108 medications

8.9
Pain 187 reviews 1059 medications

8.8
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 224 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Dilaudid

For Pain "Great medicine for pain."

Anonymous February 9, 2011

For Pain "I had this in hospital when I broke my arm. It worked awesome. The only negative was the constipation, unable to relieve myself for 4-5 days after."

Anonymous February 3, 2011

For Pain "They gave this to my dad for a severely torn rotator cuff at the hospital and he said it was awesome. Pain relief was immediate."

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Pain "The one time I got Dilaudid I was in the ER for extreme dehydration and excruciating stomach cramps. They put it into the IV and within a few seconds, the pain melted away completely. It kept the pain away while they re-infused me with fluid. Amazing medicine, no side effects and complete pain relief."

denver74 December 20, 2010

For Pain "This is the best pain reliever I have ever encountered. I have been prescribed opiate painkillers for three years starting with hydrocodone, oxycodone, Demerol, and Dilaudid by far is the best on the market. I have Osteocondritis Dicassen along with Acute Chronic Tendinitis and severely pronated talus bones in both of my ankles. I have finally found a pain management clinic that is willing to work with you and takes opiate tolerance into consideration when prescribing. I just stopped taking 4 x 80mg Oxycontin with the new formulation and switched to Dilaudid 8 mg 4 to 6 times daily. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. "

Mateo78 December 17, 2010

For Pain "Have been hospitalized for stomach removal going on 3 years dealing with this. Have been on every pain medication known to man and have to say I would take nothing ever again."

Anonymous December 12, 2010

For Pain "Very strong medicine! I was in the hospital after emergency spine surgery and I hardly remember the whole 5 day stay. Kept me comfortable but the hallucinations were horrible!"

Anonymous December 9, 2010

For Pain "Very freaky and delusional side effects. Pain control was adequate but did not overcome the psychotic active side effects. Effects lasted for 1 week after hospital use and flashbacks occurred for weeks after."

Diluded December 2, 2010

For Pain "I had surgery a little over a week ago, they removed my gall bladder due to severe stones and infection. I received Dilaudid through iv while in the hospital. It really did work, didn't take all the pain away but most of it. "

GG2288 November 16, 2010

For Pain "In the hospital in excruciating pain with ulcerative colitis, plus I'd just had shoulder surgery. Morphine and codeine make me sick, but Dilaudid was a miracle. My pain went from a 10 to 0 in minutes! I slept well, and never got nauseated. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe it, probably because it's so powerful. It really works."

Ann Arbor Jo November 7, 2010

For Pain "I take it as prescribed and have no side-effect at all. It just helps take away the pain (which it does a good job of). "

constantinos October 31, 2010

For Pain "I have sickle cell anemia and every time I get sick and have to go to the ER they would give me Dilaudid it helps me better than all the others."

MisterF October 12, 2010

For Pain "I have been suffering with back pain for 18 years. I have had two surgery 25 EPO injections, radio frec. (that's when they burn the nerves) just to name a few. I've been on this for only one week but it seems to help, but it's still early. I am very good about following doctors orders and he is one of the best. "

RMCD4 September 13, 2010

For Pain "Dilaudid has been the only medicine that would alleviate the extreme pain when passing kidney stones. I have been through it 5 times and doctors have prescribed several different things and nothing worked except for Dilaudid. It never made me feel stoned or euphoric and I was able to function normally without pain."

Anonymous September 8, 2010

For Pain "Severe neuropathy pain in both hands and feet for over a year. Was just sent to a pain management doctor who prescribed 24 mg of Exalgo once daily along with 4 mg of Dilaudid every 6-8 hours. Now have no pain whatsoever. This is a true miracle."

solarbumm August 10, 2010

For Pain "I received this medication in the ER for kidney stones. Twice before the ER had given me Demerol for this pain and while it helped it did not completely give me relief. THIS did! I do not know if it caused nausea or not, because they gave me Zofran along with it. I know that if I am ever in severe pain again I hope the doctor will give me this medicine. Also I had no memory loss like I do with morphine, which is a plus. I only received it through IV."

CHigh2001 July 21, 2010

For Pain "I'm a 19 year old male. For majority of my life, I've always suffered pain in my spine usually my upper-neck and lower back, later to find out that I have 1-2 herniated discs and 3-4 bulged discs in my C-spine neck alone. This caused constant pain but I was never given anything but low dose oxycodone at best and because of my age NOBODY would prescribe it..if they did it was a blessing but never more than once! I recently have just broken my back - my lower back that has always been in pain as mentioned above - and broke a vertebrate disc, fractured 3 others, and chipped another, all in my L-spine (lower back). The chipped disc actually I believe was in my neck where my spine pain. DILAUDID WORKS FOR PAIN ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE OPIATE TOLERANCE."

Pufftitty June 30, 2010

For Pain "I was given Dilaudid after having T8, T9, T10 removed and spinal cord decompression done after developing an epidural abscess. It was given by I.V, 4 mg every two hours and worked great for breakthrough pain. No side effects at all."

Anonymous June 21, 2010

For Pain "I pass chronic kidney stones and have had numerous stones removed via surgery. A few times my kidneys have shut down via urine back pumping from obstructing stones. In this case a shot of Dilaudid every 15 minutes kept me laughing and giggling with the nurses. Amazing stuff. For my day to day pain from stones and stone related damage to my urinary tract Dilaudid is really the only medicine which is proven to help time and time again. I've been on every pain medicine it seems over the years and while Demerol is a close second, Dilaudid is what keeps me productive at work. I'm on 8mg but cut them in half as needed. "

dsf2378 June 20, 2010

For Pain "After my back surgery ( lumbar fusion ) I was given dilaudid, worked instantly in relieving pain, the only downside it does not last long,"

Anonymous June 18, 2010

For Pain "I was given Dilaudid after a painful hemorrhoid surgery. Just writing this, I'm taken back to the excruciating pain following surgery. It was initially administered by I.V in hospital. I was then sent home with a prescription of it. This medicine is very potent and should be taken only under close watch of a physician. No side effects other than much needed pain relief and much needed sleep."

Needed Help Quickly June 6, 2010

For Pain "It works for pain."

Anonymous May 5, 2010

For Pain "I've had 6 back surgeries in the past 2-1/2 years, and two of those surgeries in the last month (I've also had 61 spinal injections), and Dilauded is the ONLY pain medication that has worked to help reduce my pain and keep it to a tolerable level."

I Heart Dilauded April 30, 2010

For Pain "Had shoulder replacement consisting of five hours under the knife and five months recovery! The doctor gave me 2mg Dilaudid and my usual 800mg Motrin. This combination has kept the pain down to a three or four and I am already weening at three weeks. I should be off the Dilaudid by weeks end. Loved this medicine!"

Anonymous April 10, 2010

For Pain "Great quick onset for urgent care visits due to migraines (IM injection). Lasts longer than Fentanyl in my experience. This has been a life-saver for me to alleviate the excruciating pain quickly!"

freybaby April 6, 2010