User Reviews for Prozac

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 335 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Depressed in Vegas (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started a very low dosage and worked upward until I found what worked for me (40mg). However, as my depression got worse and worse, the Prozac actually stopped working altogether no matter how much it was increased! It's a good medicine for mild to moderate depression, but there are better choices for major depression.

May 17, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by minnykays (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent for Major Depressive Disorder, as well as some mixed anxiety disorders.

May 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by wickedsmile:

For Anxiety and Stress: Ok this is my third review in just less than a year. Here are the pros: weight loss (16 pounds lost), eliminated my anxiety issues, no more Klonopin, very calm, cool and collected attitude, improved vision and I feel great! I can give presentations in front of many people without hesitation or anxiety buildup. Now for the cons: Be careful drinking alcohol after taking your daily dose. I have experienced severe impairment after just a few drinks that I normally handle with ease. Usually it happens if I forget to take my dose in the morning and take it after work instead. If I don't give it time to metabolize in my system and drink on it, 2 beers can feel like 6. Be mindful of that and do not operate machinery/cars.

194 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Vectron (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Hi been on Prozac after 5 years on Cipralex, feel better than ever and my weight has started to come down!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by olivia_nguyen (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I've been taking this pill since grade 10 (so I've been on the medication for 4 yrs now) and I haven't experienced any bad side effects. But in my opinion, it didn't fully help me recover. Even over a year I've taken it, I would still get thoughts of suicide or hurting myself, either if it's physically or emotionally. But since last summer when I've told my youth worker about what's been going over in my life and she suggested I go to my psychologist and see if he'll up my dose or use a different medication or using therapy. I've went from 20 to 30 mg and I've been doing a lot better in my college tests and exams.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by constance2267 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I can't say enough about how much this medicine has helped me with depression. I spent years in and out of deep depression. I was finally diagnosed with depression and post traumatic stress disorder and started Prozac at 20 mg then went up to 40mg. I knew it was helping but I didn't fully realize how much until I forgot to take it for about 5 days. Then I started to feel the hopeless feeling I get with depression and I haven't missed a dose since. I'm one of the lucky ones with no negative side effects. My libido is better than ever and I've actually lost a few pounds. I sleep great and wake up every morning feeling rested and more positive about life than I ever have before.

246 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 1:13 AM

Review by tatiana757 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Prozac saved me! I've been in and out of hospitals for 10 years. Was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. After changing Doctors and medicines I finally feel like myself again. I here no voices of worry and stress. I'm not irritated over the slightest things. I can now think clearer. After months of depression and panic attracts my new doctor recommended Prozac. For weeks I felt nausea and weakness. Then on the third week I got up and out and got a job the same day! I was no longer stuttering and confused. My relationship with my significant other is 100% better. My thoughts were very clear. I'd finally gained my confidence back! I'm very happy I tried Prozac. I feel amazing.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by gina1977:

For Depression: Prozac saved my life! 20 mg. I'm on week three. I was out of work for months and couldn't think clear. Then on the third week I woke up, finally got out of my bed and pursued looking for work. Got hired that same day! Yay! I encourage you to stay on Prozac for three weeks to take effect.

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Review by Crayonsnglu (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was told that anti-anxiety meds take a while to kick in but I feel like this one has kicked in sooner than I thought it would. I only take 20mg for anxiety and overall I have started to feel a lot more positive and less stressed out about things I usually stress out about. I haven't noticed any side effects besides my stomach feeling a little off the first week and lately I have not been as hungry as I usually am and get full alot faster....but I wake up in the morning starving. Weird but no headaches or trouble sleeping or anything! I hope I can continue to take this medicine because it does seem to keep me "level" with my emotions.

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 3:16 PM

Review by Annie1975000:

For Depression: Prozac is great! When you first start, you can feel a little anxious, but hang in there. It has changed my whole outlook on life after being really depressed after a divorce and trying to raise two kids on my own. It gave me the confidence to get a job and enjoy working again. Before it, I had little confidence. I love laughing again, which I do a lot now! No side effects for me, except feeling a bit weird and anxious for the first few weeks.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 7:15 AM

Review by Angelina205 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac has changed my life I feel like I can enjoy small things like sitting outside and feeling the wind hit my face. I would have several panic attacks during the day and developed agoraphobia. Now with only 10 mg daily it helps, I have come off slowly with no withdrawals!

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by awall83:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started Prozac 20mg Friday 3/28/14 its been 6 days. I feel weak, tired, anxious, depressed, and my appetite is out of control, eating all the time. I am going to give this more time, hopefully it works for me like it has for all the others on here. I would give anything to not feel this way anymore, I've struggled with it my whole life.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by EricaLikesCalculus:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 17 year old girl with Generalized Anxiety Disorder which I've struggled/am struggling with all throughout high school. I've been on Prozac for about 8 months now and it's helped me get through a lot of very anxiety-inducing situations for me. Before taking this medication, it had become very difficult for me to even attend school, and often times I'd have to be absent due to panic attacks and overwhelming anxiety. The Prozac has made everyday life so much more bearable for me. I no longer feel repressed by my anxiety. It's not a "cure" but it has helped a ton for me, and I have much hope for the future now. In addition, it is also helpful with my mood.

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 6:19 PM

Review by Just a guy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: It works. It wasn't the magic bullet for me (Wellbutrin was it for me) but I still take this in a 20mg dose to help with things. Mainly still taking it because I was tapered down from 40mg which was giving me sexual side effects, while simultaneously upping the Wellbutrin, and have been stable ever sense so Dr just wants to let it be because it's working. Going to ask for a reduction in this next time though as I feel that the Wellbutrin is most likely enough on its own at the high dose I am currently on (600mg). This medicine is definitely worth trying and works for lots of people, just wasn't the end all be all for me personally.

March 26, 2014 4:58 AM

Review by Alex D (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I started experiencing panic attacks a few months ago, so bad that I thought I was dying each time I had one, my college NP prescribed me Prozac, the first month of taking it was HELL, my anxiety defiantly increased and I had more frequent panic attacks, my doctor said this was normal and to stick with it and I did! Let me tell you it has changed my life, I am able to function normally now and even though I experience some anxiety, I am able to manage it. Prozac has just made me a genuinely happier person and I recommend it to anyone with anxiety, especially with panic attacks and depression.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 4:16 AM

Review by Meooooooooooow:

For Depression: I've been on fluoxetine 10 mg for only 5 days. I have noticed some changes already. I have the worst anxiety and for the past 3 days, stressful situations seem a tad bit less stressful for me. I already lost 4-5 pounds on it. It makes me never think about food anymore. It makes me not hungry for hours. Even a small granola bar can keep me satisfied and full for 5-6 hours... But I force myself to have breakfast lunch and dinner. Things seem more brighter, colors are more vivid to me. Overall I think it's starting to work. I will re-respond in a few weeks to touch base.

March 19, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Paign (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medicine really seems to help me a bit, I don't much have an appetite (but I never did anyway), it calmed me down enough to think. I've been on it for almost a week and for a few days my terrible nightmares stopped, but now my dreams are back but they're just weird now. I had nausea for the first 4 days, not that's gone. This medicine has some good qualities, but for me, 4 days after starting to take it I developed a rash on my neck in reaction to the medicine. Don't let that scare you though. Only 7% of people will have this effect according to a couple of articles I've read about it. Anti-itch cream keeps it from bothering me, but I'm planning to switch to Celexa soon.

March 19, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by Zacpro (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Been on fluoxetine for 7 weeks now, I got my script from my GP. I told him I wanted to start with 10mgs in the morning and 10 at night. That didn't work out because it affected the last 4 hrs of sleep. So I just started taking the 20mgs in the morning. At first I would feel jittery for a few hours. Into my 8th week I'm good. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of reading about the side effect a little too thoroughly, by that I mean I read the pharmacology part for health care professionals. There I stumbled on a possible side effect that really bothers me. Alopecia! I'm a man in my early 50s, has anyone heard anything about losing hair on Prozac?

March 11, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by CPT Wiley (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Never made me happy but made the little things not so unbearable. Used to obsess over small problems to point of immobility. Better now but not a cure. Have been on it for about 4 years and feels like getting less effective. Really helped first few months to year. Now not sure but do notice if I miss a pill I am very angry anxious entire day

March 7, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac worked Well for me with No serious complications or bad side affects. A plus for me,was very good memory! I used this medication for over 20 years and wish I was still able to use it. The only problem I did have with Prozac was at the end of 20 years, I started getting terrible, horrible, headaches. So bad that I would cry! I no longer can take any SSRI's and or any benzodiazepines. I think maybe after so many years your body isn't able to tolerate it. I began having severe breathing problems! I'm now on the trial & error time again, which most of us know that it isn't fun. Good luck to everyone.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2014 1:46 AM

Review by t a (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on fluoxetine for just over 3 weeks, I started to feel a bit better after 10 days or so, then the last couple of days I been feeling very teary and anxious, I was given diazepam at the start to control the anxiety which I only took a couple of, but find I have had to take them the last couple of days, hope this is just part of the tablets settling and will get better.

February 28, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by Kruti Patel (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: At first, when I began taking Prozac, I had a lost more "episodes". I just cried in my bedroom for hours; I can't even describe the emotions, if I could even call them that, going through me. It was like a dark part of me took over, and it wanted nothing but an end; I don't even to what. Everything was way worse; multiple suicidal thoughts per a single day were not uncommon. Gradually, I started feeling better; there was no sudden happiness or peace, but I felt normal. Now, I just don't know what's going on with me. Stress and everything is piling up on me, once again. Eating is a chore. I feel like I'm on the brink of falling apart, on the thin line between sanity&insanity. I don't want life or death. I want to not exist. I'm just confused

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 10:52 PM

Review by Sad for forty years (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have started taking Lovan. It has changed my life. I cannot believe it. I wish I had gone on this medication years ago. I have had severe impairing depression my whole life from the earliest age. I cannot believe the difference. I am myself but I am positive, I no longer wake up in the night worrying, I don't have that constant sadness that I could never shake. I feel happy. I feel sane. I actually feel energized sometimes to exercise but I had to take it at night not morning or I was too tired in the day. I switched to night and my life has turned around. The first month was hard with side effects but then taking it at night has changed my life. I absolutely love this medicine and I was a natural medicine freak. Why oh why.

February 13, 2014 4:18 AM

Review by 30 years depressed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: You have to give this medicine time to work. At first it made me very anxious and nauseated. Started with 20 mg. after a month the anxiety came back so my doctor upped it to 40 mg.. More nausea and anxiety (Xanax helped this transition), but now, after about 13 weeks, I feel great. I just had a very challenging 10 hours at work and feel like a million bucks. It helped me get my gratitude back. No longer grumpy and ill willed. It made me realize how deep my depression was and how long it had been since I'd been normal-feeling: 30 years. Sleep and exercise are key. If you think you have sleep apnea, get a doctors diagnosis. If you don't exercise, get walking. These are key things that make antidepressants more effective.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2014 8:49 PM

Review by Wickedsmile (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I posted my initial experience with Prozac a few months back and it still is working great! I have lost a few pounds, still eat much less than before and my anxiety is all but gone. I no longer need Klonopin-I was taking about 5 of those a week prior to Prozac. I am on a low dosage and have not needed to adjust up or down. Bottom line-my anxiety is under control and I feel great-without any side effects.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2014 12:56 AM