User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.6
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 461 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "Horrible experience with Prozac! Started taking it on a Thursday, and by Saturday had a buzzing in my ears, a full feeling in my head, and couldn't sleep. On Sunday, I completely lost my appetite, and became very jittery. I was barely able to work on Monday, and called off Tuesday because of generalized anxiety, not sleeping or eating. I ended up taking three total days off of work due to side effects. I literally had to force myself to eat a single slice of toast for breakfast... and barely got it down! I finally went off of it on Wednesday and went back on paxil. By Friday, I am feeling like my old self again. Plus, I had startling dreams. I won't ever take this drug again!"

Enonymous September 26, 2015

For Depression "I started taking 10mg prozac last Tuesday so it's been a week and a half and the first few days I was tired but I seem to be doing things here and there that I'd put off for a while and things I don't normally feel like doing. That is encouraging and makes me think it's working. I've had a lot of losses in my life in the last 10 years and also going through menopause which is adding to my depression and general bad feeling. My husband also gambled away my inheritance from my mom and my kids college money that his dad left for them. I just can't believe he did that and it's something I struggle with every day since we're not super financially stable. I hope this medicine continues to work better every day. I've been told it takes 2-4 weeks"

vegasmom (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Life changer. I am so grateful I finally broke down and decided to get help with my anxiety. after all it was so bad I was having panic attacks everyday. I wasn't myself anymore and constantly was worried and sensitive to everything. I was annoying myself and I'm sure annoying other people. I was starting to recluse myself. I had horrible chest pains and was so worried I would have a heart attack. Now after 2 weeks I feel amazing, back to my old self again. No panic attacks and have finally reclaimed my life back. I'm happy bc I am able to go to the store now and not be anxious. It's so wonderful. No side effects and I am very clear headed now as well - no brain fog!!"

Katie Katie Katie September 22, 2015

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "It's great. I get songs in my head or find myself humming, and that hasn't happened for a long time. More random positive thoughts too. And much less of the bad ones. I sometimes feel down, but it's not often and I think unavoidable. The side affect I notice is phases of vivid bad dreams. More nightmares and more stand that are stressful and occupy my mind too much, which makes me feel less rested."

Slice6 September 20, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I wasn't sure if this drug was helping with OCD. When asked I would reply, "it seems to make it easier to deal with it". Then my Doc decided to lower my dose in order to take me off it. When I got to 60mg I lost it. The obsessive thoughts were out of control. Compulsions increased as well. I am back on 100mg and feeling and thinking much better. The med helps a lot, but doesn't fix me completely. I challenge my compulsions every day so I can reinforce that I do not need them."

dariley38 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking prozac,going on week 2 now. The symptoms are almost unbearable. My stomach gets upset,can barely eat. I can't even sleep at all. It's like I am tired...but I can't sleep. And I feel tired all day. The one thing I can't stand...is the light headed feeling,and I am shaky all the time. It gets bad..... I'm about ready to throw this medication in the trash. The symptoms are almost as bad as my anxiety attacks. In fact...it makes it worse."

Pand0rahBear September 15, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Soooo...what a ride. Started on 10 mgs and felt ok. I was getting a stiff neck at times and my back would hurt a bit. But I kept on. Now I'm on 20 mgs probably for around 3 weeks and this third week on 20mgs has been rough. It's like I sleep, but I don't feel rested. It's weird. I'm hoping it goes away because I don't want to start all over again with a new drug. I'll probably stay on for a week and write down how I feel, but if that "side effect" doesn't go away I'm done. Its helping the racing thoughts, but I can't feel tired all the time."

Ocdproblems (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

For Depression "I started taking Prozac on Tuesday. I was very hesitant at first. I guess that was based on what I heard about dependency. I was severely depressed after a emotionally abusive relationship ended. I also terminated my pregnancy (my choice) and on top of that I am the single mother of a smart, energtic 7 year old. I guess everything was weighing heavily on me all at once. I had turned to marijuana. I have a stressful job on top of everything else. My issues involved worrying excessively, overthinking every little thing, crying spells, sleeping on my days off. I stopped doing things I used to enjoy. Scary. I never had any suicidal thoughts. I'm a few days in. Felt jittery one day but that's done. Definitely progressing. Miracle!!"

TerriblyReal88 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Depression "Only been a week on 10 mg and I already feel 80%. Cannot wait for the future weeks and to be 110%. Thank you God for Prozac."

GoodProgress and more to come September 9, 2015

For Depression "If I had known it was possible to feel this way I would have started taking Prozac a long time ago. I fought myself on trying another anti depressant after being off lexapro for about a year. I guess lexapro did not work for me as well as Prozac has because I want to hit myself for starting this earlier. I feel normal, I have energy to get through the day and I can focus. I have lost some weight though as I do not eat constantly like I used too (because that's all I felt like doing)"

alyssa1276 September 7, 2015

For Depression "LIVING ALL my life and only knowing highs and lows of depression, I've taken many pills. Sure they worked at first but then the depression came back, prozac is quite a ride from when you first take it, there are so many changes. I'm at 40mg, 6 months later I have diarrhea and have lost a lot of weight. I hope I'm not dying. I was a complete idiot and delusional the last 45 years, this pill made me feel like I'm supposed to feel, it doesn't feel fake. Yes I did experience memeory loss, fatique, have to look a back and live with my mistakes before prozac, prozac made everything all clear, I feel sharper as well, it actually cured my depression. Just made sure to follow instructions as you increase dosage"

SAVED MY LIFE, NEW PERSON (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Cured my panic disorder, which was huge. Also levelled me off emotionally. But...sexual disfunction is definitely an issue. I also seem to have a lack of empathy for others that I don't like. Overall, though, I've been helped by this med."

eddieboy62 August 25, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Hi ive been on prozac 60mg for 10years the drug is miraculous it got me out of a hole, but as i suffer from ocd i decided to self medicate with drink and drugs also that led me me to a 12 step fellowship! Now 7half years without a drink or drug im self medicating on prozac which is not v good! It got to last friday i had taken probly 4 tablets in 2 weeks and just crashed! Im now back on 60mg a day but having bouts of anxiety again and thinking its not real, im hoping this is just the side affects of the prozac again getting in system, im tired headache and anxiety thinking"

Taximan42 August 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Im just taking this med starting today....be back in 2 weeks to tell yall how I feel!"

Just Started (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication has turned my life completely around in about a months time. First week just felt weird and confused. Had bad diarrhea... Week two confused and not sure if I wanted to keep taking in. By week three something started to really change. Had side effects still but they were decreasing. Started feeling WAY calmer and rational, my children spend more time around me instead of hiding from me and I am cleaning and organizing things around my home that have been sitting around for six months or more. I am becoming a functional person again now for the first time in a REALLY long time. My advice, please stick with it if you can for a minimum of four to six weeks. It might just turn out to be the best thing you ever did."

Anonymous August 20, 2015

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I can honestly say that Prozac works for me. This medication takes sometime to kick in to full effect and many people stop taking after they feel nothing the first week or so. That is a big mistake, if you wait the full 6 weeks you will see such a difference that it will amaze you. The way it builds in the system and it's afterlife is why it takes a while to get to optimal serum levels in the blood stream. I have battled severe depression and suicidal ideation for over 25 years now. This medication Prozac 40 mg along with Ablify 10mg have solved most of those issues. I also take Ativan 2mg as needed for severe anxiety. Talk to someone if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or just do not know what the point of life is."

Over 40 and Depressed August 7, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Started of on 10 mg for anxiety and depression, didn't feel any different but felt irritated and snappy at everyone. Nurse practitioner just bumped me up to 20 mg and I feel better and it's only been week! Hopefully this will take the edge off so I can more enjoyable to be around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder "The things that bothered me before Prozac were greatly enhanced once I was on Prozac. If a normal panic attack was a 5 out of 10 before Prozac, then after, they were 100. My thoughts became very irrational as well as a sense of overwhelming doom. I have been off the meds for three days and I am just starting to settle some."

SBCap August 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I took this medicine for 7 days lost my appetite the 3rd day, worsen my insomnia, it did not help with anxiety. By the 7th day I felt even worst finally decide to come off it. This is my second day off Prozac and I still cannot eat, sleep still have bad anxiety and feeling sick to my stomach and cannot eat anything, I'm extremely nauseated, haven't ate much in 4-5 days. I hope my appetite comes back soon! This med did not work for me it made me feel horrible."

Summerly August 2, 2015

For Depression "I just couldn't shake it off anxiety depression woke up.horrid scared git feeling couldn't cook dread fear worrying constantly about dying doc ha e me propanonal sr went like a zombie 2nd doc listened to me but said I want depressed 3rd time lucky doc gave me fluoxotine it has immediately taken effect been on a bike ride and cooked a meal x"

dee15 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Started with 20mg then after around 45 days increased to 40. Dry mouth, fatigue, lightheadeness, increased anxiety, headaches, were common at first, however in time slowly decreased. I now have good day time energy, I'm sleeping well at night. Confidence level is becoming stronger. I pray the next few weeks at 40 mg takes me to were I want to be. So far, so good!"

Hard Luck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been struggling with major depression for six months and finally when I went to the doctor, I was prescribed with 20mg of Prozac. The first five days were horrible and the worst have I ever felt. After that, I begun feeling good again. I begun having weird dreams, however and sometimes lack the ability to feel certain feelings. At the end, I really do believe this medication has saved me."

Teenage boy (17) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Lexapro for a little over a year and it worked beautifully. The only reason I weaned off was because of weight gain. My Doctor prescribed 10mg of Prozac and said it should not cause any weight gain. I am on it 17 days now and my only side effect is slight anxiety and a few panic attacks. I had none of this on Lexapro. My question is, should I hand in there and when will I feel good?"

Soozieque July 13, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm on day 25 taking this medication. I am taking the generic Prozac for anxiety and severe panic attacks. I started on 20mg. The side effects were horrible. I couldn't stop shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't eat, sleep, it made my anxiety worse. I went to my doctor by the 10th day and he prescribed me klonopin. I only took klonopin once, it did help but I just didn't like the feeling. I wanted to stop taking fluoxetine because it made me feel worse but I kept taking it. By the third week I was able to eat again. It is now day 25 and I am starting to feel like myself again. My anxiety and panic attacks went from a 10 to a 3. I am planning on upping my dosage by day 30. I highly suggest trying out this medication. Don't be scared."

Dee_lopez July 10, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking Prozac since I was thirteen years old or so. I'm sixteen now, and I'm worried that if I ever stop, I'll get bad again. I have severe anxiety and had depression. The depression has gone away, but the anxiety has worsened. Not from this medication, but I believe I need a larger dose. Anyways, this drug has helped me and made me feel like it can get better. Knowing the chemistry in my brain is really helpful too, to know that serotonin is being released. I would recommend for severe depression, but not anxiety unless at a larger dose. I'm on 40mg now, but took 20mg up until a month ago."

Anon173810 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2015