User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 296 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prozac

Review by wickedsmile (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I had been on Celexa for 2 years which caused weight gain, low motivation, sleepiness, and my anxiety came back full strength. Now 1 week on Prozac and I feel like myself again. High energy, good appetite, alert, no anxiety-basically I feel great! I was drinking 5 alcoholic beverages a day now I am not interested in drinking more than 2 a day. I am over 45 and my vision was beginning to slip when reading items close up. ever since I started Prozac my vision has improved and I can see things less than 6 inches from my face. Not sure why that happened but it did. Give it a try-you will get your life back.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Review by Slippers and pjs:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a teenager and I have had pretty severe anxiety for about 3 to 4 years. It stopped me from doing normal high school things, like going to dances, making friends, and going to parties because those kinds things terrifies me. I went to a psychiatrist and since my anxiety has been negatively effecting my life she prescribed me 20 ml of prozac once a day. This has seriously changed my life. I've tried all the natural medications and techniques that claim to work but nothing had worked for me. It took a while to kick in but once it did I became a whole new person. I've been so happy and can do things without worrying!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2013 9:57 PM

Review by Wickedsmile (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I just switched to Prozac and it is a life changer! I am no longer tired and my anxiety is controlled. Day 4 for now, and I feel 100% better than a month ago....

November 4, 2013 10:07 PM

Review by Ket89:

For Depression: Prozac really worked for me. It kept my depression under control along with my anxiety. Only side affects is you can forget about sex!!! I also experienced short term memory loss.

October 29, 2013 8:38 PM

Review by uhhhmmmm:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking 10mg prozac for 2 days. On the 2nd day my whole body ached like the flu and my throat is sore. I took Tylenol for the body aches and pretty much slept the whole day. Around 2am I started vomitting up bile until 5 am. Cold sweats, clammy and shaking. My dr. told me to stop taking the prozac but my body still aches so bad.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 6:26 PM

Review by Crash and Burn:

For Anxiety and Stress: Anger management issues and depression had plagued me my whole life. I have been fired from many a job for the problems I would bring upon myself. I've been on Prozac 20mg for 10 years and it has changed my life. I was able to perform with minimal issues and my wife didn't divorce me even though she had grounds to so. WARNING! I couldn't get a renewal from my doctor because he stopped taking my insurance. So I tried to get another doctor but appointments were months away and went off my meds cold turkey. 6 weeks into the withdrawal I was fired from my job, of which I loved, because I had a meltdown. I was yelled at by another employee and I started to loose control. The bottom line was they escorted me out of the building.

October 24, 2013 6:17 AM

Review by Living better (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I suffer from chronic anxiety with periodic bouts of mild depression for 20 years. I tried everything...acupuncture, diet, exercise, and 5-htp. Had a horrible experience with Zoloft and Paxil when I developed depression in college. I tried antidepressants for 2 months but with horrible side effects. As a result, I avoided medications to address my anxiety and/ or mild depression through the years. Unfortunately, my anxiety level became unbearable this past year. I tried the following: lexapro...5-10 mg absolutely horrible. Made me extremely tired, depressed and never reduced my anxiety level. Xanax: extremely helpful but still experienced agitation, stress, irritability, and anxiousness. Prozac: 10-20 mg. a life changer. I feel relaxed.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2013 1:52 PM

Review by Oddmolly:

For Bulimia: I have suffered Bulimia for about 10 years and at different stages was binging/purging up to 5 times a day. Over the years I have tried so many medications, but Prozac is the first to really assist. I started on 20mg, which has recently increased to 40mg. This is the only medicine/therapy that has dramatically decreased my impulse to binge/purge. I am feeling so happy within myself and it has really assisted with my depression and low energy levels too. One odd side effect I have noted is that I am yawning a lot, a small price to pay to being in control of my eating and mood. This is definitely worth a try if you are having bulimic symptoms and recommend it highly. Good luck.

October 16, 2013 7:10 AM

Review by Phil1987uk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I suffered with Obsessive compulsive disorder & generalized anxiety disorder which caused depression and stress. I came on here in June looking for answers, I used to be on Sertraline but they stopped working after I had stopped and went back on them. I thought my life was over. I got put on 20mg Prozac by my Doctor, and it is the best medicine ever, I would highly recommend it, it gave me my life back, I am so happy, no more stresses. Also I have no side effects. Give it about 6 weeks trust me and you will see how this works. Unbelievable. 10/10!

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2013 5:52 AM

Review by fishcake dai:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been taking 60mg of Prozac a day for the last 2 yrs. I was diagnosed with severe obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)when I was 14. Have lived with OCD and anxiety ever since. I'm now 32 and for the last two years since taking Prozac I feel normal again. I have experienced no side effects but did quickly realize that alcohol does not mix. But, I'd rather give up alcohol than go back to a mental institution.

October 11, 2013 3:55 PM

Review by Eunice Aboites:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Prozac 40 mg for 10 weeks now, I feel super great. I was taking Xanax too but I feel I don't need to take my Xanax any more. Prozac has been working for me just great! The first week I was feeling terrible anxiety, numbness in my face, dry mouth, fears. It was crazy but at day 9th I started to feel more focused, so now it's been 10 weeks and I feel how I used to feel before, just great. So please just hang in there, give Prozac at least 2 weeks to kick in.

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2013 4:32 PM

Review by the teen (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: It gave me panic attacks.

September 23, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by Movie Lvr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Pros: Great at controlling depression, anxiety, and stress. Cons: Feel agitated, hyper, and impulsive on it; some daytime fatigue; longer to orgasm and decreased sex drive (sexual dysfunction makes me feel less attractive and confident around my man); vivid dreams at night; numbed emotions; must have patience when getting off to avoid withdrawal symptoms (my taper was two months long!). Note: I would rather have a lowered sex drive than anxiety, stress, or depression though.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2013 8:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I was put on Prozac after 3 months of Cymbalta failed to have an affect, and a brief and terrifying experience with Geodon. At first it pretty much numbed all of my emotions up, which, after feeling completely crazy on Geodon, was a very welcome experience. Eventually this neutral state of mind began to even out after about 9 months, and I was finally able to start enjoying life again. After two years, I was able to stop taking medication completely. This pill saved my life.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2013 11:06 PM

Review by MovieLvr (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I took 20mg of Prozac from age 16 to 27 for depression and anxiety to make sure my conditions didn't interfere with finishing high school and college. It got rid of my anxiety and depression 100 percent. The only negatives for me were that this dose made me hyperactive/harder to concentrate, harder to orgasm, and caused some emotional numbness where it was harder to feel in love.

September 1, 2013 6:20 PM

Review by anon1981:

For Anxiety and Stress: Changed my life!

September 1, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by MovieLvr (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I also tried 5 to 10mg Prozac. This dose is much less stimulating, doesn't numb up your emotions as much, and can orgasm more easily than 20mg. Orgasming and feeling my emotions are too important to me to go higher than this dose. This lower dose is just as effective for my anxiety, stress, and depression as the 20mg was. This dose also helps with headache prevention, IBS, PMS, SAD, CFS, poor immune function, and body aches caused by chronic infections such as Epstein Barr.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 5:55 PM

Review by MovieLvr (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took 20mg Prozac from age 16 to 27 to make sure my anxiety and depression didn't interfere with being successful in high school and college. The 20mg completely got rid of my anxiety and depression. This dose, however, was too stimulating causing loopiness, decreased concentration in conversations, hyperactivity, and extended laughing spells over silly things. This dose also made it very difficult to orgasm and numbed up my emotions where it was difficult to feel whether I was in love with someone or not when dating. I did not realize these side effects until I finally got off Prozac at age 27, could feel my emotions, and discover my true personality off meds. Orgasms great now.

August 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Review by Smi19:

For Depression: I'm a 20 year old female. I was prescribed Prozac 6 months ago. For the first few weeks I felt great, everything seemed better. After 1 month I became even more depressed, my period was very heavy and lasted weeks at a time. I had disturbing nightmares everything, developed restless legs syndrome, and started grinding my teeth. I was tired constantly and ended up in hospital due to suicidal thoughts. I am now on citalopram and things have never been better.

August 18, 2013 1:13 PM

Review by venus8i8 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: In 1990 (age 45) I had a nervous breakdown. I did a lot of strange things and ended up in a mental ward. Because of medication I was taking I developed a problem with simple walking. While at the hospital, I decided to re-teach myself to walk normally. I practiced all the time. I got it right by the time I left but I found it was now impossible to stop walking back and forth, I was pacing all the time. This went on at least a year. Then my doctor thought that PROZAC would possibly help me. After starting Prozac, 2 weeks into it, I sat down and no longer needed to pace.....aaaahhhhh...Peace at last. I continue to take it for depression, no side effects noticed.

August 15, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am a 60 year old woman who seemed to be depressed all the time. I was always depressed and crying, now I never get depressed and seldom do I cry and things that bothered me, they don't affect me much now, this has been a Godsend for me !

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2013 2:01 PM

Review by So Grateful (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I am extremely sensitive to medications, even over the counter herbal supplements, I can't take them. I had a lot going on in my life and started having anxiety attacks. I started taking 5mg of Prozac (cutting 10mg tablets in half). I noticed a change almost immediately. I feel much more relaxed, happy, I don't dwell on things that I might have in the past, I let things roll off my back more easily, and no more anxiety attacks. I'm more outgoing (I have somewhat of an introverted personality), I'm more patient and enjoy getting out and doing things more. I was afraid of gaining weight so I put off trying an antidepressant for a long time. Its been a month and a half and I've never felt better in my life.

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Review by EuniceAboites:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started Prozac 20 mg 11 days ago, the first week I was feeling very anxious, dry mouth, numbness in my face, but that was only the first week! Now I feel so much better I can say on the 9 day I started to feel more focus, my fears went away, and today is my 11 day and I feel good just great, thanks to God and Prozac.

August 5, 2013 2:16 PM

Review by Sambaluk:

For Panic Disorder: One of the few anti-depressants I can tolerate. Most cause major sleep disorders, But with Prozac I don't have a problem. Not really sure if it helps much with panic attacks, I've tried 20mg and 40mg, sometime 40 mg seems to be a bit much.

August 1, 2013 3:36 PM

Review by Bodhisatva (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on Lexapro which made me suicidal and started Prozac 20 mg. It was easy to wean off the Lexapro. After taking my pill in the morning I immediately felt severe drowsiness, heavy eyelids and tiredness. I started during my holiday and took a nap every afternoon. But once back to work the tiredness was unbearable. Especially in the afternoon, I could hardly keep my eyes open and have never drank so much Espresso and energy drinks. The Espressos did not even bring me to shaking whatsoever nor relieved my drowsiness. After 2 weeks and 2 days I quit but side effects lasted for at least a week. I must say it lifted my depression.

July 26, 2013 6:51 AM