User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.5
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 483 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Major Depressive Disorder "I lost my sexuality from the first pill, overnight it went from 100% to 0%. Was told it was a common sideeffect, so I continued using Prozac (called Fontex here i Norway), after a while I didn't want thouse sideeffect so I stopped using. But my loss of ibido and ED continued. Now 3-4 years later my problems is still the same, doctors refuse to belive me, but I'm certain, I had very high sex drive before my first Prozac/Fontex pill. No I can't keep my erection more than 5 seconds and my penis often feels numb. This pill should have been illegal. (Sorry for my poor english)"

Interstellar5555 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2015

For Depression "I have been on an SSRI journey since I was 21 years old and am now 43. I was abruptly taken off of Paxil which was an absolute nightmare. However, I was consoled by the fact that Prozac was replacing it and have read that Prozac can actually be used to treat Paxil withdrawal. I am about seven weeks in and I feel like this might have been the right drug for me all along. My mood is level (if not maybe too up for brief periods) however my anxiety is way down and I find myself coming to be on a first name basis with all of the retail people I see on a very regular basis! This is huge for me as I have a thirty year history of social and generalized anxiety. That being said, I am working as well with CBT and I think more importantly meditation."

Sully2986 November 17, 2015

For Depression "I started off with 10 mg for the first week and noticed that I have FINALLY been able to get some sleep! Before hand, I could never get sleep and never had energy throughout the day. I'm more friendly. I was starting to spend more time with my husband, being more intimate and just feeling good! For the second week, I started to notice my body wants to shut down by 8 pm (which I love). I could wake up 5am for work and have so much energy to get what I need done. I do not really have racing thoughts anymore. Sometimes I catch myself still being sad from time to time, but thats only be because it takes about a month to have the full effect! Fair to say, I did notice POSITIVE improvements. I'm glad that I got help when I did."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on paxil 40mg for 13 years and Gained 100 lbs! Thought I was better so got of the paxil, 3 months later had bad panic and anxiety, dr. Put me on effexor 75mg....not good! Felt spacey, couldn't eat, lost 40lbs in 3 months, went back to the dr. And he had me switch right over to fluoxetine 20mg, IAM on my 5th day and already feel clear headed!!!! Alittl nausea through out the day but doing great!!!! Really hope this med works"

Hopeful900 November 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on Prozac for one month...I even considered suicide. I was going crazy..terrible feelings....never again..I'm on Celexa now and it's helping a lot."

Intellbrat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had all of these horrible thoughts racing through my mind for 5 weeks before I started Prozac. I kept thinking about dying, my family dying. I feared time and death and could not stop the racing thoughts no matter what. I thought I would never get better, but then a week after starting Prozac, I no longer had any racing thoughts! It has brought me back into the moment. No more intrusive thoughts :)"

Julian1227 November 5, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I just started taking prozac, and I have had this terrible migraine. Its worse than any migraine I have ever had. I've been throwing up and sleeping throughout the day. I don't feel myself at all."

Sammi1996 October 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I am going to use Prozac, after reading you comments, I have early morning depression is called diurnal mood variation.. I will start with 10mg."

Ali Pakistani October 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "20mg a day changed my life. Head pain due to stress and anxiety is gone when taking this tablet and also OCD in the form of dermatillomania (finger) completely better. I had this for about 3 years and decided to stop, the weening off was very tough, I had a good month or two of hit sweats/shakiness and agitation. However I went completely back to normal for over 2 years after that. I have now restarted Fluoxetine/prozac due to having a very stressful year and struggling to get by day to day. 1st pill and I am mellow as a mellow thing once again, goodbye stresses!"

Chlobo1991UK October 20, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "So i have tried prozac for depression to major depression disorder a little bit of obsessive compulsive disorder and post traumatic disorder.Firstly it made me more anxious and agitated about a month later me and my dr upped the dose to 40mg.Nothing,unfortunately happened,probably wasn't the right drug for me,i have switched to lexapro now and it is too soon to give opinion on it as ive only been for 3 weeks.In conclusion this drug (Prozac) wasn't effective for me.Only about 3/10 i would say."

Nickirkmab (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder "This medicine was actually doing some good. My doctor started me off at 10mg since I don't respond well to antidepressants (such as Paxil, Effexor). At first I started actually having the suicidal thoughts they warned me about for the first week. Eventually after 3 weeks I started to notice a difference in my panic attacks. They were weaker but still bothersome. My depression was also getting better but around 2 months of taking it. I still had the crying spells. I told my doctor and he bumped me up to 20 mg. Slowly I really started to notice a bigger improvement. It's been almost 3 months and my panic attacks are very weak as I am able to control them! My crying spells aren't as bad but I still get them. (Not as often which is great!)"

Jona R October 17, 2015

For Depression "I can honestly say that fluoxetine has improved my quality of life to a great extent. I went from feeling extremely depressed on a daily basis, to feeling very happy and content with my life. I am a lot more open and honest with people, I feel like my inhibitions and anxieties (about some things) have been lifted. I am a lot more talkative and chatty, and for some reason enjoy trashy tv more (which I'm not sure is a good thing)! I have had several tattoos since beginning taking this drug (I had none before). I did carefully consider them though. The only negative effects to note were that at the start of the treatment I did have insomnia for a while and very intense nightmares."

Laura_loves_cats_and_pizza (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have currently been on prozac for the past 4 months and it has been a miracle drug. I was having severe anxiety and panic attacks every day. I couldn't drive a car by myself for fear of having a panic attack and losing control, I couldn't go ANYWHERE by myself and I could not stay home alone. I am a 22 year old female and once I turned 21, I developed debilitating anxiety. I tried zoloft and lexapro and both drugs made my anxiety and panic attacks sky rocket. Before starting prozac, I was a mess. My anxiety prevented me from functioning. I could barely even go to class or work without having a panic attack. I am currently taking 30mg of prozac and I am doing so much better, it is amazing!"

Justpeachy132 October 14, 2015

For Depression "I started this in the hospital at 20 after a few days they upped it to 40. I felt weird the first week or so then somewhat normal I didn't have an appetite for the first couple of weeks The major side effect has been insomnia. I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't fall alseep because I have to get up at 6 and my spouse will get up at 445 am I've taking my son to school and then coming home and sleeping. I tired tea, melatonin and some liquid sleep aid but morning has worked to help sleep through the night I dont want to take another medication"

bear12 October 13, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I was only on this medicine for one month. It was too strong for me. My anxiety and depression went away completely, but I also didn't care about anything. I completely lacked motivation and would sometimes just lay around doing absolutely nothing. I didn't even have much interest in eating. I also became antisocial and didn't want to leave the house, even to walk the dog, because I didn't want my neighbors to see me or talk to me. It was the weirdest experience. It's like I barely existed that whole month."

Rmuffin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2015

For Depression "I've been on this for a year at 20mg and am so happy I chose to do so. I was so down; couldn't sleep, not present in the moment, constantly worrying, etc. I was very skeptical of any SSRI and prefer to go "natural" so I resisted. Over a year later I feel like I have a new lif, a better future, am a better employee, spouse, parent, etc. I suggest using an "all the above" approach as part of a strategy to combat depression. Involve a good counselor who has similar values, exercise, eat well, rest, be around supportive people, do something spiritual consistently. I did this and my world changed for the better. I hope it is sustainable."

Me Again!!! October 10, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "The drug works very good for depression and anxiety. It also completely eliminates my headaches. I was a chronic headache sufferer for years and ever since I started taking Prozac I almost never have a headache. I think this drug should be studied more as a medication to treat chronic headaches as it increases Serotonin in the brain and Serotonin is a major factor in headache issues."

Bill Silvers October 8, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I had been on Prozac for three years and gone through a lot of hard times. It helped when I was splitting from my ex, Lost a job, got into some legal trouble, lost my license, and had to move back home. After getting back on my feet again and getting my license and a job I decided to ween off of it...bad idea..I became more and more stressed out and had very bad stomach issues that I never had before. After about three months off 40mg a day I had a huge panic attack and days of not eating or sleeping. I have since gone back on 20 mg and hope it starts to work soon. I should have never gone off this medication it saved my life once and I hope to have the same results again. I was happy, able to take things much better and be myself."

hopefully soon (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Third week on prozac and I feel great. My mind is clear, I am able to focus on today and not obsess over the future, it's amazing. The first week I started on 10mg then the second at 20mg. Only side effects I had were insomnia and nausea for the first week. Still, definitely worth it for me :) I am finally present and not stuck in my mind."

Lola19 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been on prozac now for a while as I suffer from ocd and ptsd also. I feel as if it has made me crazier, if thats possible. Some days I can't stop twitching, feel full of energy and experience nausea. Other days my bones hurt, I feel not fully awake and just odd. Keeping in mind that daily, I have a high levels of caffeine and smoke marijuana. and not daily, but weekly I drink quite a bit of alcohol. I have noticed alcohol and prozac really don't mix. but nevertheless, I am still taking 20mg daily (which i do not think is enough) but then some days I want to stop taking it altogether? I do not although prozac doses shouldn't be skipped but evidently the only words I can use to describe this drug is odd and weird and idk???! uuGh"

buffalo soldier October 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I wouldn't give Prozac anything greater than a 1. Mainly for the fact that I have been on this now for 1 month 20 mg daily; Increased my terrible moods followed by anxiety attacks, I have become an insomniac, my pulse has increased terribly, and my appetite is zero. Without the back up "Xanax" I would still be at square 1. I occasionally drink to get drunk, but have been recently informed that this drug mixed with alcohol has a severe risk of suicide. I was not depressed before I was referred to this medicine, but now I feel that it is becoming worse. Am I miss diagnosed?"

a pill 4 this & a pill 4 that (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking generic Prozac 20 mg for 17 days now, 10mg for 10 days before that. I have been reading all of the comments and am starting to have hope! My anxiety has increased a lot since I started this, I take ativan when needed, which is every day! Other than the daily panic attacks I don't seem to have any side affects which is great! I've been thinking that maybe this drug is not for me but after reading other people experiences I will ride it out and hope that everything works out after I'm on it for 6-8 weeks. Hoping and praying it does cause I need my life back!"

Anonymous September 29, 2015

For Depression "Horrible experience with Prozac! Started taking it on a Thursday, and by Saturday had a buzzing in my ears, a full feeling in my head, and couldn't sleep. On Sunday, I completely lost my appetite, and became very jittery. I was barely able to work on Monday, and called off Tuesday because of generalized anxiety, not sleeping or eating. I ended up taking three total days off of work due to side effects. I literally had to force myself to eat a single slice of toast for breakfast... and barely got it down! I finally went off of it on Wednesday and went back on paxil. By Friday, I am feeling like my old self again. Plus, I had startling dreams. I won't ever take this drug again!"

Enonymous September 26, 2015

For Depression "I started taking 10mg prozac last Tuesday so it's been a week and a half and the first few days I was tired but I seem to be doing things here and there that I'd put off for a while and things I don't normally feel like doing. That is encouraging and makes me think it's working. I've had a lot of losses in my life in the last 10 years and also going through menopause which is adding to my depression and general bad feeling. My husband also gambled away my inheritance from my mom and my kids college money that his dad left for them. I just can't believe he did that and it's something I struggle with every day since we're not super financially stable. I hope this medicine continues to work better every day. I've been told it takes 2-4 weeks"

vegasmom (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Life changer. I am so grateful I finally broke down and decided to get help with my anxiety. after all it was so bad I was having panic attacks everyday. I wasn't myself anymore and constantly was worried and sensitive to everything. I was annoying myself and I'm sure annoying other people. I was starting to recluse myself. I had horrible chest pains and was so worried I would have a heart attack. Now after 2 weeks I feel amazing, back to my old self again. No panic attacks and have finally reclaimed my life back. I'm happy bc I am able to go to the store now and not be anxious. It's so wonderful. No side effects and I am very clear headed now as well - no brain fog!!"

Katie Katie Katie September 22, 2015

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next