User Reviews for Prozac (Page 3)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.6
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 494 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on 20 mg and increased to 40 mg for anxiety and depression. I cannot praise this drug enough for how calm it makes me feel. I feel like I can handle any problem, big or small with a clear head. Thank you Prozac for giving my life back to me."

TracyinOhio December 8, 2015

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the first time I've been on Prozac. I talked to my provider and we decided it was the best this is my second week. I didn't realized I suffered from OCD intrusive thoughts Now those are gone, I feel tired and sleepy which is rare on me, I am taking other meds as well so I do not know if I should attribute this to Prozac or not. So far seems like it was a good idea. I am monitoring my behaviours being mindful about what I am doing not in a OCD way though."

gibb December 6, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on and off Prozac for the last few years. I didn't think it was working, but after I started taking mental notes, I realized that I was doing much better on it. I have been dealing with chronic anxiety and PTSD which has, in turn, led me into depression. Based on my experience, I think it's important to note that depression lifting is not like flipping a switch. It takes time for the medicine to work. Now that I've been taking it routinely and not missing a dose, I've noticed that my "baseline" mood is MUCH better. It happens subtly like a thick fog slowly lifting. I understand that it doesn't work for everyone, but if you're not having side effects and you've only been on it for a short time, be patient and give it a chance."

CBEARS December 2, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "hi everyone, I went on Prozac about a year ago after I saw how well it helped my boyfriend. We met two years ago and I knew he was suffering but didn't know from what. He and I were soon diagnosed with OCD. I was so weary of taking any meds and especially any that said "weight gain as a side effect" because of my obsessive compulsive behavior with my appearance. one day my bf said its okay if you gain a couple if anything you need too said in the nicest way. So I finally gave in and started at 10 mg I later went up to 20 mg and I noticed I didn't seem to be beating myself up everyday maybe only every few days. I didn't gain any weight and it even helped with my binge eating disorder. it also helped my more "intense" feelings to "normal"."

berfella (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking this for almost 2 years now and I'd say it has helped me tremendously. I was on a few others before this and it just didn't work out."

Geekdad (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2015

For Depression "I have had depression for many years and I always avoided thinking about taking medication but I just started taking Prozac and it's already helping I'm more awake and everything seems brighter it's easier to get rid of negative thoughts and the weight on my chest is gone"

Female 15 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "First week was hell, more anxiety and panic attacks. Had to leave work early one day for the anxiety, also left a family event early. But now... Starting second week and starting to feel like myself again! As long as things continue this way will be happy on this drug! Without the first weeks' side effects would give it a 10."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and anxiety, I have never felt more calm and in-control of my emotions. Usually every night I'd fall into a fit of thinking of self-harm, I have thought of them no more, I still get sad, but it's sadness, not full on depression. My anxiety has decreased so much, I still get nervous, but it is not even close to how bad it was. An added bonus, is for me, it makes me drowsy, so I get more sleep. I have never been so happy in my life. Prozac is a life saver."

sunflowersareyourbestfriend November 23, 2015

For Bulimia "I used to constantly think about food.. My thoughts would be racing whether to stuff my face or not eat at all. When I started 40 mg Prozac, it took a while and until I realized I didn't think about it anymore! Very glad my mind is off food for once!"

Pillz_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this medication for around 12 years 60mg a day for OCD and depression, it got me out of a very very deep hole, got me back to work able to function got me back as a normal person, u fortuantly i used alcohol and recreational drugs aswell which made me riddled with anxiety and depression, im clean and sober 8years now and am still on the prozac, iv recently had a low episode and i was self medicating with my prozac as and when i needed, obviously this wasnt the greatest ideas and this has led me back to being depressed again but im back on 40mg of prozac a day, i may feel like i have gone back to the begining of it all but i havent iv just had a little set back in my recovery, all in all prozac for me is a life saver"

Taximan42 (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2015

For Depression "I noticed a difference in the first week. It was a positive difference. And then about three weeks later i began to feel how i felt again, and I told my parents and i think that i need more than the 20 mg's that i'm on currently. But overall I think this drug works very well and you need to find the correct mg's for your body."

Looney420 November 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I lost my sexuality from the first pill, overnight it went from 100% to 0%. Was told it was a common sideeffect, so I continued using Prozac (called Fontex here i Norway), after a while I didn't want thouse sideeffect so I stopped using. But my loss of ibido and ED continued. Now 3-4 years later my problems is still the same, doctors refuse to belive me, but I'm certain, I had very high sex drive before my first Prozac/Fontex pill. No I can't keep my erection more than 5 seconds and my penis often feels numb. This pill should have been illegal. (Sorry for my poor english)"

Interstellar5555 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2015

For Depression "I have been on an SSRI journey since I was 21 years old and am now 43. I was abruptly taken off of Paxil which was an absolute nightmare. However, I was consoled by the fact that Prozac was replacing it and have read that Prozac can actually be used to treat Paxil withdrawal. I am about seven weeks in and I feel like this might have been the right drug for me all along. My mood is level (if not maybe too up for brief periods) however my anxiety is way down and I find myself coming to be on a first name basis with all of the retail people I see on a very regular basis! This is huge for me as I have a thirty year history of social and generalized anxiety. That being said, I am working as well with CBT and I think more importantly meditation."

Sully2986 November 17, 2015

For Depression "I started off with 10 mg for the first week and noticed that I have FINALLY been able to get some sleep! Before hand, I could never get sleep and never had energy throughout the day. I'm more friendly. I was starting to spend more time with my husband, being more intimate and just feeling good! For the second week, I started to notice my body wants to shut down by 8 pm (which I love). I could wake up 5am for work and have so much energy to get what I need done. I do not really have racing thoughts anymore. Sometimes I catch myself still being sad from time to time, but thats only be because it takes about a month to have the full effect! Fair to say, I did notice POSITIVE improvements. I'm glad that I got help when I did."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on paxil 40mg for 13 years and Gained 100 lbs! Thought I was better so got of the paxil, 3 months later had bad panic and anxiety, dr. Put me on effexor 75mg....not good! Felt spacey, couldn't eat, lost 40lbs in 3 months, went back to the dr. And he had me switch right over to fluoxetine 20mg, IAM on my 5th day and already feel clear headed!!!! Alittl nausea through out the day but doing great!!!! Really hope this med works"

Hopeful900 November 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on Prozac for one month...I even considered suicide. I was going crazy..terrible feelings....never again..I'm on Celexa now and it's helping a lot."

Intellbrat (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had all of these horrible thoughts racing through my mind for 5 weeks before I started Prozac. I kept thinking about dying, my family dying. I feared time and death and could not stop the racing thoughts no matter what. I thought I would never get better, but then a week after starting Prozac, I no longer had any racing thoughts! It has brought me back into the moment. No more intrusive thoughts :)"

Julian1227 November 5, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I just started taking prozac, and I have had this terrible migraine. Its worse than any migraine I have ever had. I've been throwing up and sleeping throughout the day. I don't feel myself at all."

Sammi1996 October 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I am going to use Prozac, after reading you comments, I have early morning depression is called diurnal mood variation.. I will start with 10mg."

Ali Pakistani October 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "20mg a day changed my life. Head pain due to stress and anxiety is gone when taking this tablet and also OCD in the form of dermatillomania (finger) completely better. I had this for about 3 years and decided to stop, the weening off was very tough, I had a good month or two of hit sweats/shakiness and agitation. However I went completely back to normal for over 2 years after that. I have now restarted Fluoxetine/prozac due to having a very stressful year and struggling to get by day to day. 1st pill and I am mellow as a mellow thing once again, goodbye stresses!"

Chlobo1991UK October 20, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "So i have tried prozac for depression to major depression disorder a little bit of obsessive compulsive disorder and post traumatic disorder.Firstly it made me more anxious and agitated about a month later me and my dr upped the dose to 40mg.Nothing,unfortunately happened,probably wasn't the right drug for me,i have switched to lexapro now and it is too soon to give opinion on it as ive only been for 3 weeks.In conclusion this drug (Prozac) wasn't effective for me.Only about 3/10 i would say."

Nickirkmab (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder "This medicine was actually doing some good. My doctor started me off at 10mg since I don't respond well to antidepressants (such as Paxil, Effexor). At first I started actually having the suicidal thoughts they warned me about for the first week. Eventually after 3 weeks I started to notice a difference in my panic attacks. They were weaker but still bothersome. My depression was also getting better but around 2 months of taking it. I still had the crying spells. I told my doctor and he bumped me up to 20 mg. Slowly I really started to notice a bigger improvement. It's been almost 3 months and my panic attacks are very weak as I am able to control them! My crying spells aren't as bad but I still get them. (Not as often which is great!)"

Jona R October 17, 2015

For Depression "I can honestly say that fluoxetine has improved my quality of life to a great extent. I went from feeling extremely depressed on a daily basis, to feeling very happy and content with my life. I am a lot more open and honest with people, I feel like my inhibitions and anxieties (about some things) have been lifted. I am a lot more talkative and chatty, and for some reason enjoy trashy tv more (which I'm not sure is a good thing)! I have had several tattoos since beginning taking this drug (I had none before). I did carefully consider them though. The only negative effects to note were that at the start of the treatment I did have insomnia for a while and very intense nightmares."

Laura_loves_cats_and_pizza (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have currently been on prozac for the past 4 months and it has been a miracle drug. I was having severe anxiety and panic attacks every day. I couldn't drive a car by myself for fear of having a panic attack and losing control, I couldn't go ANYWHERE by myself and I could not stay home alone. I am a 22 year old female and once I turned 21, I developed debilitating anxiety. I tried zoloft and lexapro and both drugs made my anxiety and panic attacks sky rocket. Before starting prozac, I was a mess. My anxiety prevented me from functioning. I could barely even go to class or work without having a panic attack. I am currently taking 30mg of prozac and I am doing so much better, it is amazing!"

Justpeachy132 October 14, 2015

For Depression "I started this in the hospital at 20 after a few days they upped it to 40. I felt weird the first week or so then somewhat normal I didn't have an appetite for the first couple of weeks The major side effect has been insomnia. I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't fall alseep because I have to get up at 6 and my spouse will get up at 445 am I've taking my son to school and then coming home and sleeping. I tired tea, melatonin and some liquid sleep aid but morning has worked to help sleep through the night I dont want to take another medication"

bear12 October 13, 2015