User Reviews for Subsys

Learn more about Subsys.

Subsys Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Breakthrough Pain.

Reviews for Subsys to treat Breakthrough Pain

"Works in just a few minutes. I like the spray in place of the Fentanyl sub-lingual tabs. I like Sub-Sys made by INSYS Pharm. I know I have been on these type med's for 20 yrs."

King O' Pain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2015

"Works for the flares better than the rest of the medicines I've tried."

Deeeeeeerrrttttttttttto0 October 15, 2014

"My PCP doc had increased the amount of Oxycontin I take from 2 to 3 a day when they changed the formula in order to get the same amount of relief. The down side was he said I was maxed out on my pain meds now and took away my meds for break through pain. He suggested seeing a pain management doctor after a car accident that was making break through pain unbearable. The pain doc started me on a P-STIM and wanted me to try the Subsys. With such severe pain I agreed to it. I will never look back at my decision to try it as it has been a life saver for me and will take my pain from a 10 to a 2 very quickly. The only set back I can see is you have to wait a 1/2 hour before you can do another spray."

Dave 52 September 4, 2014

"I was prescribed Subsys after being on the fentanyl patch for 6 months, 100 every 48 hours and as my cancer progressed and treatments happened, which caused more pain, I needed something for breakthrough pain really bad, I would be put down to my knees from the pain and just lay in my bed moaning like a child but Subsys works within minutes, eases the pain where I can feel it just literally fade away. I'd be in a wheelchair without it, or bedridden. "

Almost free (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014