User Reviews for Benlysta

Learn more about Benlysta.

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 6 reviews 115 medications

8.4
Summary of Benlysta reviews 6 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Benlysta

Review by PaGaPo:

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I have had incredible results, but at week three I come down hard, the good effect did not last the entire 4 weeks.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by OmaLaura (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Worked very well, controlled symptoms and put me in remission. Felt like I did 20 years ago - pre SLE and Siscoid Lupus diagnosis! I had a serious anaphylaxis reaction after my 3rd infusion from not being premedicated by my previous rheumatologist. Changed physicians and continued treatment with pre-medication of Benedryl and Solumedrol in i.v. It worked for 5 treatments and then I had a reaction a 2nd time and was removed from the infusions. Doctors say had I been premedicated from the very beginning, I more than likely would not have had a reaction. My remission is now over and I am worse than prior to Benlysta treatment. Benlysta co-pay program paid for 100% of my deductible, as well as $7,000 in co-pays each year

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 29, 2014 3:37 AM

Review by Jalpurnia Trader:

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I'm a 42 year old African American who has been diagnosed with Lupus for 16 years. I've been taking Benlysta for one year now and notice a big difference in my body. I have more energy before taking the medicine I suffered greatly from fatigue. I feel little to no joint or muscular pain, before the medicine I suffered from severe inflammation and swelling in my joints and could hardly walk some days. I now jog on my treadmill, go to Zumba classes and workout at Curves. The medicine has been a God send for me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to witness to this great invention. The only downfall is my insurance will only cover 80% which leave me a hefty 800.00 balance each moth. I'm on disability and cannot afford this expense.

January 25, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by Gr8tobwth (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: This medication has been a life saver for me. Even though I do have some very minor side effects, I wouldn't dare think of changing it!!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2013 9:15 AM

Review by Quennieflowers (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: I have been using Benlysta since April and it is doing wonders for me. Some mornings I tried but couldn't get out of bed but not any more. I sleep well and have energy. My only problem is the weight gain. I started with every two weeks for 2 months and then once a month. When I just started the medication I used to feel a funny feeling in my mouth, not anymore.

August 8, 2013 6:58 PM

Review by GERDed (taken for less than 1 month):

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: First infusion - experienced swelling everywhere (inside and out), two days after infusion. Day 1 had a migraine like headache (Light sensitivity), fatigue, some heart rhythm issue (temporary) and temporary voice changes. I was pre-dosed with Tylenol. Second infusion - pre dosed with Benadryl and solumedrol, very slight swelling, headaches coming on now (I was told: Literature says these headaches will improve with subsequent infusions), less heart involvement, I tried to sleep through most of the infusion time (1 1/2 - 2 hours with prep). I was blessed to be accepted by the HEALTHWELL FOUNDATION where I applied for co-pay assistance.

September 13, 2012 3:57 AM