User Reviews for Femring

Learn more about Femring.

Atrophic Vaginitis 1 reviews 91 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 6 reviews 193 medications

9.2
Atrophic Urethritis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Femring reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Femring

Review by Post Hysterectomy (taken for 10 years or more):

I have been on this medicine since 1998 and as long I as I replace it on time, there are no issues. Even at 53 if it is not replaced on time, I start getting agitated and hot flashes start in. I always joke that it is not for my benefit that I take this, but it is for the benefit of those that are around me that I do. My only gripe is the outrageous expense.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Review by shdl:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I just got my second dose of Femring. So far I have not had any problems or issue. I like it because it keep me from getting dry and my estrogen level up.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 10:20 PM

Review by bettyboop56:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I am 54 years old; I have been using Fem-ring for more than two years. Prescribed 0.5 mg; changed ring every three months. This past month, I developed intermittent abdominal, low back, and side pain with occasional vaginal discharge; escalated into chronic abdominal pain with fever, chills, nausea, and skin rash, with constant discharge. I removed and discarded the Femring. Pain, fever, and chills quickly subsided; discharge decreased. White blood cell count had escalated. Apparently, my body was rejecting the ring as it was trying to embed itself. My gynecologist has prescribed an antibiotic suppository treatment for infection. It has been four days since I removed the ring; I have been on the antibiotic for only one night, and have not experienced the low back, side, and abdominal pain as before removing it.

February 1, 2011 3:39 PM

Review by have4paws:

For Atrophic Vaginitis: This ring provided miraculous results for me. I had severe atrophy which my GYN noticed when tissue was tearing and bleeding as he tried to do my pap smear. I didn't even know I had an issue. After a couple months on the Femring he reported my tissue looked healthy and wonderful, had no side effects from it at all. I had to stop using due to insurance not covering but am now on Estring which is the same thing different brand, but insurance covers that one.

December 10, 2010 4:00 PM

Review by llockette:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: It's the best thing since sliced bread. I don't feel it, think about it, only change it every three months. My only problem is the cost - very expensive and my insurance pays nothing on it!

January 14, 2010 3:33 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Very convenient......noted side effects of breast tenderness (bothersome) and increased milky vaginal discharge (am told this is normal)......has improved vaginal dryness and dysparuenia (painful intercourse).

November 4, 2009 9:08 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Femring is an excellent form of estrogen replacement. Very convenient. It gives me a much better mood than estrogens I have used in the past.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2009 8:57 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: 1 every 3 months is great. I forget I have it. Feel well balanced hormonally.

November 18, 2008 6:29 PM