User Reviews for Femring

Learn more about Femring.

Atrophic Vaginitis 1 reviews 49 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 11 reviews 201 medications

8.5
Summary of Femring reviews 12 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Femring

For Postmenopausal Symptoms ""My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb." In reference to the second reviewer, Femring is a transdermal estrogen and it does not have first pass metabolism through the liver. Only oral estrogens do that. It also is not hard and if placed at the top of a normal vagina (which expands - a hysterectomy cut vagina does not do as well), you won't know it is there. I have personally used this for over 10 years and have prescribed it to 100s of patients. Over 90% loved it - except for the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Great experience with Femring and it's the only hormone replacement that works for me. Wishing it was not so expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "For the first 3 months things were great. On my second Femring I began to get a rash on my forehead and neck. My neck was especially red, itchy and dry. At first I thought it might be due to something else. Perhaps Eczema or psoriasis, so I was buying all kinds of creams and nothing worked. So I double checked my only prescription which is the femring and low and behold one of the possible side effects is a skin rash. It's too soon to know for sure. I hope it goes away."

Don't rash me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I just started using Fem Ring, after having tried expensive patches that irriatated my skin, messy compounded creams, and drops. I already have a yeast infection, which never happens, plus low back and abdominal pain. Outrageous in this day and age, that no enterprising pharma can come up with an estradiol without such hassles. My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb. I expected better from Warner Chilcott. I am returning to my compounded drops, one drop on the pulse, twice daily, $25 for a two month supply."

Sushid (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This is the only product that works for me. The patent expires in December, 2015. I hope it gets cheaper!"

Hagitha November 2, 2015

"I have been on this medicine since 1998 and as long I as I replace it on time, there are no issues. Even at 53 if it is not replaced on time, I start getting agitated and hot flashes start in. I always joke that it is not for my benefit that I take this, but it is for the benefit of those that are around me that I do. My only gripe is the outrageous expense."

Post Hysterectomy (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I just got my second dose of Femring. So far I have not had any problems or issue. I like it because it keep me from getting dry and my estrogen level up."

shdl January 2, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am 54 years old; I have been using Fem-ring for more than two years. Prescribed 0.5 mg; changed ring every three months. This past month, I developed intermittent abdominal, low back, and side pain with occasional vaginal discharge; escalated into chronic abdominal pain with fever, chills, nausea, and skin rash, with constant discharge. I removed and discarded the Femring. Pain, fever, and chills quickly subsided; discharge decreased. White blood cell count had escalated. Apparently, my body was rejecting the ring as it was trying to embed itself. My gynecologist has prescribed an antibiotic suppository treatment for infection. It has been four days since I removed the ring; I have been on the antibiotic for only one night, and have not experienced the low back, side, and abdominal pain as before removing it."

bettyboop56 February 1, 2011

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This ring provided miraculous results for me. I had severe atrophy which my GYN noticed when tissue was tearing and bleeding as he tried to do my pap smear. I didn't even know I had an issue. After a couple months on the Femring he reported my tissue looked healthy and wonderful, had no side effects from it at all. I had to stop using due to insurance not covering but am now on Estring which is the same thing different brand, but insurance covers that one."

have4paws December 10, 2010

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "It's the best thing since sliced bread. I don't feel it, think about it, only change it every three months. My only problem is the cost - very expensive and my insurance pays nothing on it!"

llockette January 14, 2010

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Very convenient......noted side effects of breast tenderness (bothersome) and increased milky vaginal discharge (am told this is normal)......has improved vaginal dryness and dysparuenia (painful intercourse)."

Anonymous November 4, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Femring is an excellent form of estrogen replacement. Very convenient. It gives me a much better mood than estrogens I have used in the past."

Anonymous October 16, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "1 every 3 months is great. I forget I have it. Feel well balanced hormonally."

Anonymous November 18, 2008