User Reviews for Premarin

Learn more about Premarin.

Hypoestrogenism 2 reviews 81 medications

Prostate Cancer 0 reviews 94 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Premarin reviews 20 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Premarin

Review by blonddraider (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Complete Hysterectomy: I was on Premarin started about 6 weeks after hysterectomy because I couldn't handle the restless leg syndrome and having to move all the time. I was put on 0.625 mg was on it from 2007 until 8 months ago. 5 weeks after doc took me off, my whole body and life went to double hockey sticks!! Anxiety, Severe! OCD crazy uncontrollable, and panic disorder through the roof. I am on Celexa 20mg daily and 1.75 mg broken into 6 doses. It works, but I don't understand it just doesn't work the same, I never had such bad OCD, anxiety, or panic like this while on and I want it back! I am gonna go get mamo if it comes back clean I'm going back on premarin! Will my life go back to normal? Will I feel like me again, and want to enjoy life? I have two appointments

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by Maggie568:

For Hypoestrogenism: I had a hysterectomy in 1980 and have been on Premerin 1.25 mg for 33 yrs and have no problems at all. I love my Premarin. I hope I can keep getting Premarin because there have been times Drs. give you hard time and I need to keep taking it. I have terrible withdrawals. So I need it. I get awful headaches and pain.

July 7, 2013 5:19 PM

Review by Maggie llltdia44:

For Oophorectomy: I could not make it through one day without Premarin since I had my uterus removed. I take along with 24 mg. Bio-identical testosterone from Woman's International Pharmacy. Had the surgery in 1973 and suffered for so long, they even told me I had Lyme. I was bitten by a tick and crazy as it seems, these two hormones cured me. Go figure. I only use "name brand' Premarin like my mother and aunts used in the 50's when they used to combine Premarin and testosterone in one pill. I used to use that in the 70's 80's before bio-identical hormone cream.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 12:32 AM

Review by I had a complete hysterectomy 10 years ago. (taken for 10 years or more):

For Oophorectomy: Premarin is great for reduction of discomforts caused by surgical menopause, hair, skin, sense of well being, sleep, moods and energy levels.

May 9, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Primary Ovarian Failure: Worked great for many months. Then I started noticing my hair falling out, bladder irritation, and then the dark spots that were staying put while the rest of my summer tan was fading. It was great while it lasted though.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2012 8:09 PM

Review by sandyfl2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I have just started taking Premarin and I must say, the night sweats are gone along with the irritability. I have so much more energy then I know what to do with and my libido is back!

July 25, 2012 6:29 PM

Review by cdluce:

For Atrophic Vaginitis: I've been on it almost 3 years. I had to start using this in my mid twenties. I can use very little to the normal amount every 3 days or so. I go by how I feel more then anything. I do notice belly swelling the next day and I do get headaches if I use to much. Other then that I love this and I'll keep using it. Make sure you get your yearly check ups/blood work and you'll be fine.

February 13, 2012 9:46 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: No side effects at all after taking for many years. Now not freely available at my current location.

January 18, 2012 12:23 PM

For Osteoporosis: Have been on hormones for 25 years. Mom died at 59, Dad at 55. I am 79, still play active tennis = weight training- golf and do not have the usual aches and pains. If you do not have any serious illness get on the hormones.

September 27, 2011 8:34 PM

For Primary Ovarian Failure: I couldn't take Premarin for about 5 years when I needed to because of cancer. I had bad symptoms. You name it - as far as having a hard time while being in my "change" period, I had them all. When the doctor finally put me on Premarin and it took effect I could have jumped for joy. I was myself again. I loved being on it. All the symptoms went away. I was so thankful. I was on it for many years. I tried to cut back at times but all the bad feelings would come back. Last year my doctor took me off it. He told me to take Estrace. It would be better for me. I'm having a hard time. Estrace does not work and my symptoms are back with a furry. I'm trying to find a doctor that will give me Premarin.

August 31, 2011 6:52 PM

Review by happy camp:

For Oophorectomy: Had ophorectomy 8 years ago. On second week started to have terrible hot flashes, couldn't sleep any more. Doctor started me on all you can name before trying Premarin. Since Premarin got my life back. Several times again Doctor tried to decrease the dose and ween it, in order to complete stop. I went into deep depression crying all the time and back to nightmare again. So thanks to Premarin I'm a normal human being again. As a floor nurse on a cardiac floor have talked to several ladies in their seventies that still taking Premarin daily. My actual dose for years has being 0.65 mg daily.

August 28, 2011 9:49 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had surgery in 1995 and the other half in 2004. I have been taking Premarin since then. I am now going through a divorce. Because of depression, I stopped taking my medicines. NEVER AGAIN. The past two months have been hell without my Premarin. Not sleeping because of night sweats, hot flashes all day and just feeling like I have no energy. I have started back for 6 days now and can already feel the difference. I will never stop taking Premarin again.

July 5, 2011 11:03 AM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Use after several years resulted in significant hair loss; had to discontinue due to this uncommon side effect.

February 4, 2011 7:24 PM

Review by southernutahlady:

For Hypoestrogenism: I have taken .9 Premarin (natural estrogen) for 23 years (after my uterus was removed at 34 and symptoms developed), and I am just fine (unless I don't take it). Any attempt to use any oral artificial estrogen made me very sick and the patches left red welts that lasted for months. So I have stayed with oral Premarin, and although I don't appreciate the way horses are treated in order to produce it, I am very grateful that it stops the severe sweating, hot flashes, shakiness and weakness that comes if I miss it for a day or two. It did not prevent osteoporosis. I do look 15 years younger than I should - possible good side effect. 23 years and no problems.

October 14, 2010 1:47 PM

Review by Bozzo123:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had a hysterectomy in 1998. I had a horrible 2 years prior with night sweats, mood swings,(huge swings), irritability, then after my hysterectomy, I started taking Premarin 1.25. Have been on it ever since. For me, it is a life time therapy, that quite honestly I cannot be without. I forgot to take them once for 2 weeks, I went into such a rage, and cried, until I realized I had forgotten to get it filled. NEVER AGAIN. In my 50's my hot flashes no longer exist, my mood is even most of the time, and I enjoy the physical side of a relationship, more than I did when I was younger.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2010 8:38 AM

Review by curleysue:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had a hysterectomy in 1998 and was on Premarin 0.0625 for many years then Doctor decided not good to prescribe anymore. I was so very miserable! If have to live like that -don't want to. It was terrible. No doctor knows your body like you do! And just for the record, one of my sisters is 73 yrs old aznd still has terrible hot flashes! Sometimes it looks as if she just stepped out of the shower! My mother was the same way! I am not willing to live like that! There are pro's and con's on everything!

September 19, 2009 10:10 AM

Review by sonokee:

For Oophorectomy: In 1971 I had surgery and was put on 1.25 Premarin and told I must take it for life. Now in the year of 2009 looking back on all, I have to say I wish I had refused the surgery and didn't take Premarin. They didn't tell us about the possible side effects in those days, told only we wouldn't understand. I reported side effects to doctors, who did nothing. My huge stomach is finally beginning to shrink after being off Premarin for years.

July 16, 2009 5:19 PM

Review by jas-09:

For Oophorectomy: I have been taking Premarin for (the better part of) 25 years. Due to insurance changes through this time I've been directed to use other estrogens. I will emphatically state that there is NO substitute for premarin. The others gave me breakthrough hot flashes and PMS. With all of the plumming gone, these were not acceptable being 32 years old. Premarin every day has kept me at an steady keel with no wavering in mood or temprament.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2008 3:45 PM

For Oophorectomy: I've taken Premarin for over 17 years. It is great for controlling menopausal symptoms and mood swings in early surgical menopausal patients. It is also supposed to help prevent osteoporosis.

September 18, 2008 4:32 PM

Review by Stacy365:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: This med saved my life. I was having a hard time dealing with all the side effects from my menopause.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2008 11:20 PM