User Reviews for Estradiol Patch

Learn more about Estradiol Patch.

Primary Ovarian Failure 1 reviews 76 medications

Osteoporosis 0 reviews 186 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostate Cancer 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Estradiol Patch reviews 6 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Estradiol Patch

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This refers to the Mylan estradiol twice weekly patches. After 16 comfortable years using Vivelle Dot estradiol patches, I was supplied by Express Scripts with the new, supposedly "generic" Mylan estradiol transdermal dot patches in the same strength, 0.025 mg. During the 4 1/2 weeks I used the Mylan product, I developed hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog and urinary tract infections. I could not understand what was wrong until I recalled that my symptoms began when I started the Mylan product. I found out that Vivelle Dots are still under patent. Mylan patented its own competing transdermal patch in order not to infringe the Novertis patent. It is NOT the same product. A return to Vivelle Dots solved my problem."

NJ Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "100mg patch Estradot- applied twice weekly. Keeps me sane ,and virtually anxiety free. The adhesive on this brand does nt make welts on my skin Only drawback is removing the Glue Spots.:-) When using Hot Spas or I need to apply creams to dry skin, I use an Estrogel sachet .this allows the freshly applied patch to catch up. Absolutely satisfied & happy with this medication. ** on PBS IN Australlia. Lowest dose Venlafaxine added when family drama hit me like a bolt."

Pipsy (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

For Oophorectomy "Been on Mylan Estradiol transdermal 0.1mg for 4 months. Apparently it's the generic version of Vivelle Dot. Well, it's been great in handling the symptoms of surgical menopause. No headaches or migraines, no more brain fog, lots of energy. However, I have gained weight, have trouble sleeping (never had that issue in my life!), and feel like scratching my skin off everywhere I affix the patch. No matter how dry my skin is, this large, thick, ugly patch has trouble sticking and moisture always gets under it. I end up with an angry itchy red ring that lasts for a week after its gone. So I'm switching to name brand Vivelle Dot. I hope to get the same benefits with a smaller, less ugly patch, and hope it resolves the irritation!"

TeeEm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been taking this for almost a year the only issue I have is the patch recommended for once a week does not stick to the body for the duration of the week."

Anonymous February 4, 2015

"I have been on the patch since my hysterectomy four years ago. I have gradually decreased the dosage and have tried to get off it totally. I am on the lowest dose now and after trying another time to stop, I had hot flashes. The only downside to the patch is that it is large and beige but it works!!"

Anonymous January 19, 2010

For Primary Ovarian Failure "It's rather early for me to be rating this product considering it has been just under 2 weeks since I started it. However, I am very pleased with it so far. I was on Vivelle Dot for about 4 months and after the first month, all my symptoms came back. I have just started this patch and so far it is wonderful! I feel a million times better, my hair is better, no more hot flashes and I'm starting to sleep again! The only complaint I have is that the patch is HUGE and it's thick and beige rather than small and clear like Vivelle. But at this point, I could care less what it looks like as long as it works! "

Anonymous October 8, 2009

For Oophorectomy "I have been on the patch for a month now and it works. No more hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings. It stays on all week and the only side effect I have experienced is mild headaches. The convenience of weekly application is great."

Epatch June 9, 2009