User Reviews for Estrace Vaginal Cream

Learn more about Estrace Vaginal Cream.

Hypoestrogenism 4 reviews 81 medications

8.5
Atrophic Vaginitis 20 reviews 91 medications

7.9
Atrophic Urethritis 2 reviews 91 medications

6.5
Summary of Estrace Vaginal Cream reviews 26 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Estrace Vaginal Cream

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Rootsgal, they generally say it takes 3-6 months to have full effects. It takes time to rebuild the vaginal tissues."

Angel47 April 30, 2015

For Hypoestrogenism "I had a complete hysterectomy over 6 years ago. It has been a real battle trying to regulate my hormones. Testosterone pellets helped some but not worth the beard that comes with it. I don't know what is in this exactly but it has done wonders for my libido. My husband wants to make sure I never run out..."

Yorkie Lover (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I started taking Mimvy for severe hot flashes and it helped right away. About 2 years later, I started feeling stinging, after sex when I peed. I am 54 in menopause. It, did not get better using the Vag Fem pill, so I called back, once the dose was almost out. I was then prescribed Estrace, and I have been using it for about (3) weeks. We finally had sex, and it was a tiny bit better, but I felt like "the walls", are as thin as a balloon. Really painful throbbing afterwards. Does it take a certain amount of time, to achieve the best result? My OBGYN never said anything about any "length of time". Overall, I am about 20% better."

RootsGal March 24, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "USE IT OR LOOSE IT. Was prescribed Esctrace cream for dryness & painful sex. once a day for 2/weeks, then twice a week. 10 days and dramatic improvement. Here is the deal; waiting for 2 weeks before attempting sex. After 5 days I was able to do it with no problem. Not really enjoyable, but not painful at all. Best time was first in morning for a couple of minutes But if morning not an option, then a couple of minutes at night. but before inserting the cream so you don't accidentally take it all out."

Lola1964 January 30, 2015

For Atrophic Urethritis "No change in urinary frequency or urgency."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Just posting an update from my last post a few months ago. The hypoallergenic estradiol (basically, a compounded version of Estrace from a compounding pharmacy) continues to be very effective for me - relieving vaginal burning/pain and urinary urgency/frequency. For women out there suffering those issues in perimenopause (when it hit me), know that it was suggested that I had interstitial cystitis and that I was off-base when I told doctors I was reacting badly to propylene glycol and glycerin, ingredients in many vaginal products. The compounded version of Estrace has been SO helpful for me and after many painful, difficult months, I feel myself again. "

Leyaleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "At 46, I began having UTI's, urinary frequency/urgency, and burning vaginal dryness. I was prescribed Estrace, but the standard formula caused me burning as well. However, a compounded version of estradiol in a hypoallergenic formula has been very helpful. My vaginal burning has stopped, and the urinary urgency/frequency has improved dramatically over the last 2+ months. I think Estrace can be very helpful, and if you're sensitive to it (the propylene glycol can be an irritant), a compounded version can be extremely helpful."

Leyaleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm 48 years old, and my Doctor has recently prescribed me Estrace Vaginal Creme because intercourse was becoming unbearable. Very painful and I was tearing! Geez! So far, the vaginal pain and dryness seems to be decreasing, as I've been only using the creme for the past month. I have no side effects at all so far. That's a good thing! However, I do find the creme very expensive!"

Tennessee gal (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "My doctor gave me this cream for my vaginal dryness and pain and burning when I urinate. I'm 47 years old I don't have my period since this January, and started with the terrible dry vagina symptoms. I just started using the cream so far I haven't noticed the bad side effects yet and I hope I won't have it. I noticed when I urinate that the burning sensation is less. This morning when I woke up I feel my vagina less dry, but half of the day the dryness came back. I hope the more time I used the cream the symptoms of dry vagina go completely. I have avoided having sex with my husband because I'm afraid is going to hurt more. I'm very motivated reading the reviews I read before and maybe I can return to enjoy sex again."

Mrs. Flaming. April 4, 2014

For Hypoestrogenism "Having severe hot flashes day and night my doctor prescribed Estrace within 2 days the hot flashes have disappeared it was amazing. I wished I had it months ago. No side effects use twice a week."

Flashesgone (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2014

For Atrophic Urethritis "Estrace was prescribed for urinary urgency and has worked very well indeed."

MOLAI (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am 50 yrs old and post menopausal - basically in full menopause.. I was prescribed this cream for thinning of the vaginal wall. I had increased urinary tract infections. I believe it helps with my libido which had dropped to zero! I hope this review helps. I didn't have dryness or pain with intercourse. My urologist prescribed it for me. It is really great to have doctors who "KNOW" what we are going through as females."

denah November 18, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm 65 and had ovaries removed 11 years ago, along with uterus and cervix. Since that, I have almost no sex drive and intercourse was super painful. Estrace vaginal cream really helps, and I only have to use a pea sized dab every other day. Just using a finger to apply at bedtime works great. It seems to me that the dire warnings about using estrogens is misleading since no studies have been done on just vaginal estradiol rather than on oral estrogen, and much higher doses are still prescribed than are needed for maintenance. Without Estrace vaginal cream, intercourse would be impossible and husband would be very unhappy. "

letmepost654 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2013

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Soreness is gone. It makes me feel like a new woman again. And I have no side effects that I know of from it. But it is expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm 71 years old. The tearing and associated pain started a few months ago. Just hoped it would go away but it did not. I would not let my husband touch me. Spoke with 2 doctors I know and they said its normal but Estrace would help. It did. My prescription is dated 3/7/2013. Within 10 days the tearing stopped and all was healed. Use 1 gram 3 X a week. Nothing bad has happened. My libido near immediately was through the roof. I am amazed and nobody needs to try and take this medicine away from me! I'm loving it and my husband is happy too. Yes, my age up there is right."

Jlady May 28, 2013

202 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Doc gave me samples of Estrace cream 2 weeks ago. I use 2 x per week for dryness and help restore thinning vaginal lining (prolapse problems). Noticed right away more hair loss the day after I use it. I was told this would not affect me in any way and only work locally in the vagina. I can't afford to lose more hair. I'm going to watch it and try a couple more times and if I notice hair loss continues I'll stop. I also use an all natural menopause cream (just started last month) has estrogen and progesterone from all natural sources. It seemed to be helping hair loss and all around symptoms. My first time on hormone treatment after my total hysterectomy seven years ago."

grets March 22, 2013

"Too expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2012

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am a 57 year female, who started using Estrace for vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and almost immediately noticed falling hair. I asked my doctor who assured me that it would never cause hair loss. After 3 months my hair was so thin that a rubber band no longer stays put. I quit Estrace almost 2 months ago and the hair continues to fall. "

MQB2 November 14, 2011

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypoestrogenism "I am a 50 year old woman who started menopause around 37. I've been prescribed this cream and did well on it, but if I stop taking it, I tend to go back to having vaginal dryness. My main concern is that I've never been bigger than a size 8 and now I can hardly fit into a 10. I think it's caused weight gain and if I stop taking it, the weight does not go away. Has anyone else experienced this? "

bicyclingemily October 7, 2011

"I am 54 year old and postmenopausal, and have been using Estrace cream 1mg every night, for about a month for vaginal dryness. All of sudden I am experiencing itching and burning. I wonder I have an infection from this cream."

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am 59 and postmenopausal. Started using the Estrace cream yesterday. I have other health issues (Licken sclerosis) which are bothersome. The cream almost instantly increased my libido and relieved the dryness. I am prescribed 1/2 gram intravaginally once to twice weekly. I hope it continues to help my condition."

Anonymous August 24, 2011

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am 54 years old and have been using the Estrace vaginal cream for two months. It has improved my vaginal dryness considerably. "

Anonymous February 11, 2011

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been using Estrace 1 mg 2x week for around 9-10 years. It does help with the dryness, itching, burning symptoms but I've had two bladder infections. I can't help but wonder if having to REUSE the applicator (and maybe not being able to wash it properly or having leftover soap on it?) is the cause. I hope to find a good source for disposable applicators so I can feel safer using this medicine."

Anonymous November 20, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am 59 and it got to the point that I was avoiding sex. I had pain with intercourse and had to use lubricant all the time. I use 4mg once a week and am enjoying sex for the first time in years."

Anonymous March 11, 2010

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm 58 and recently started on this medicine. Almost immediate relief of vulvar dryness and pain. Not sure yet if the painful intercourse will be relieved but this looks optimistic to me after many months of intense pain. Medicine does not seem gooey or even noticeable when used. Really like it so far."

Anonymous October 30, 2009

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate