User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Voltaren reviews 86 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Voltaren

Review by mules (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2014 10:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: This works great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:36 PM

For Pain: After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return.

April 14, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by Mel 158 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: The first couple days this did nothing for me but by the third day I really noticed less pain and stiffness. However, I had to stop taking it when I started having severe stomach aches, headaches, and blood pressure spiking up within an hour of taking it.

April 4, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects.

March 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by Bluegirlnz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: Used 75mg Voltaren twice a day as a maintenance for pain. The problem with pain sleeping was created by deterioration of fitness because of side effects from chemotherapy treatment for invasive breast cancer.

March 1, 2014 3:23 AM

Review by di022 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2014 8:33 AM

Review by richard chongnee:

For Pain: I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill.

February 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!

November 2, 2013 2:58 PM

Review by piedmount:

For Osteoarthritis: 1 pill twice a day. Voltaren effective until it caused server swelling of my entire legs and hands. The increased edema put pressure on my bursa in both hips and on the nerves leaving my groin and going into my legs. All of this pressure caused electrical shocks in my thighs. I took a diurectic but it didn't remove the fluid from my thighs.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 3:52 AM

Review by TweetieMarie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Osteoarthritis: I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have.

July 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Review by Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.

June 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Review by Yi:

For Osteoarthritis: Just diagnosed with arthritis. I have osteoporosis now. Have only been using this for 3 days and it works wonderful. It eases my neck pain to wear I hardly feel any hurt. I'm weary of the side effects so don't know how long I will use this cream but I tell you what, if I hurt, this cream is the 1st thing I would go for!

May 30, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by Kbkk (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been taking Voltaren for Ankylosing Spondylitis for six months and it really keeps me fully functional. If I come off it for a couple of days my joints start to really ache. I had torturous night pain for a while as I got a spontaneous fracture in my pelvis due to swelling in my bones and Voltaren was the only thing that worked. I've had no noticeable side effects.

March 4, 2013 10:16 AM

Review by Sammers49 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Osteoarthritis: I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally.

February 28, 2013 5:21 PM

Review by michael266 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: Night pain from knee osteoarthritis - a burning on the medial side - sometimes bothers me at night, particularly if I have been active during the day. If I get up walk around for a few minutes sometimes the pain vanishes. Otherwise I apply Voltaren gel- about the size of a small grape over the sore place and the pain goes away pretty quickly. I occasionally apply Voltaren ahead of time if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

February 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Review by dlaml:

For Pain: I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)

February 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Review by Geol54:

For Osteoarthritis: I've taken Voltaren for over 25 years 3 times a day. For 5 days before each of 4 complete joint replacements, I had to quit taking it since it is a slight blood thinner. Each time I got very stiff with painful joints. I've tried most of the other arthritis NSAIDS and none work nearly as well. My Dr. runs a liver function test every 6 months.

February 12, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by Bloggsy:

For Pain: Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective

February 8, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by GGML:

For Osteoarthritis: I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back.

October 12, 2012 10:52 AM

Review by Old Expat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Awesome works better than any other anti-inflammatory. I couldn't walk if it weren't for them.

June 28, 2012 11:51 AM

For Sciatica: This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry.

June 26, 2012 8:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Offered no pain relief at all.

June 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I take a combination of 50mg Voltaren for the rheumatoid arthritis once per day and 200mg Plaquenil for Sjogrens twice per day. I started with 100 mg's Voltaren, but thought that was too much so I had the doctor prescribe 50mg twice per day. I just take one unless I need more.

May 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Mary W. RN:

For Osteoarthritis: I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone.

April 25, 2012 12:04 AM