User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Osteoarthritis 25 reviews 342 medications

Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 56 medications

5.3
Summary of Voltaren reviews 99 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Voltaren

For Pain "The side effects are brutal. Stomach aches, nausea, bloody stools, headache, diarrhea, increased blood pressure just to name a few. This medicine did give me some relief from pain at the cost of the side effects. Be careful with this medicine, I won't take this med anymore."

Yourstruley January 25, 2016

For Pain "The gel is really good but you need to use as indicated or 2 or 4 times a day depending on the strength for at least 2 day , then you wil feel the real benefits of voltarol "

Alexstorn January 20, 2016

For Period Pain "Since i got my period when I was 12 years I experience an unbearable pain that stops my life completely accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea and so many times went to hospital emergency. I may faint of pain all the ppl arround me know what i suffer in school, university or at work Voltaren ampoule worked well so far to extent that i can give myself the injection in the butt like a boss It makes me sleepy and from the huge pain I feel dizzy head and very tired but its better than the pain for sure I wish there would be no side effects in the long run .. I'm 26 years now ."

voltaren ampoule (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015

For Pain "Voltaren Gel has given me back the ability to walk without pain. I have had heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis and bursitis in my heel for about 20 years. I began using Voltaren Gel about 10 months ago and am so thankful that I have not had any significant pain for the past six months. I also try to wear only shoes that have very high arches. With the Voltaren Gel, I massage it all around my foot and over the top and bottom as per the directions. Great stuff!!!"

World weary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2015

For Muscle Pain "Wonderful anti inflammatory. It never failed to depiver, cream and pills, After 3 months of muscle pain, huge inflammation in.all my back, hamstring, quad, the pain and swelling reduces after after 5days,, and left me in 10days...nice ^^"

Tatelka (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

For Pain "I have an undiagnosed arthritic condition in my upper back and neck. I've been to a pain specialist that threw strong drugs at me that didn't work. I'm seeing a rheumatologist for a diagnosis (possibly fibromyalgia my GP said) in a couple months but my general practitioner has been treating me til then. I've tried 3 different prescription medications and they did nothing. The second day on this medication I started getting some relief in my back. It's not 100% gone but it really eases my pain. The unfortunate side effect with any nsaid is thin blood resulting in bruising. I have a bleeding autoimmune disorder so it's not the best combo. But I feel like as a first there's promising relief. I hope it continues."

Callysmommy July 18, 2015

For Pain "I have spondylolystesis and I have tried every type of medicine you could possibly think of. My doctor has put me on anti depressants, muscle relaxers, Norco, just about anything. I was constantly in pain. My back hurt all the time. I couldn't even do simple things like sweep the floor or do laundry. I went and seen my orthopedic surgeon and she put me on Voltaren 75mg and I feel like a new person. I have not had any back pain whatsoever. I highly recommend this medicine. I can actually do everything now with absolutely no back pain. Thank God."

Trebs79 June 30, 2015

For Pain "Was given voltaren-XR for knee pain. I am still unable to feel any effects. I also can't take Advil with it, which seems to be the only thing that was helping. Tylenol makes me very sleepy. Taking that with the Voltaren is not an option as I need to be alert for my job."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Pain "Best pain ointment I have ever tried"

Dave C. May 1, 2015

For Back Pain "I have been taking this for many years. I do not have to take it everyday. When I experience back pain I take it. The only side effect I have had is constipation."

Zek April 7, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, and arthritis in my back, and shoulders. My doctor prescribed Voltaren because I built up a resistance to ibuprofen and Aleve. I've been in pain for so long I forgot what it was like to be pain free. A little nervous over the long term side effects, so hoping I can get the weight off so I can be medication free. Just thankful to be able to move and do things I love without pain."

AmyB67 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For Muscle Pain "Used Voltaren on mild tendonitis of the elbow. Not only did it immediately reduce the pain, but it seems to be helping to speed up healing, when I am not using it, the pain seems to be getting progressively less severe"

Helenson4 March 13, 2015

For Frozen Shoulder "The medication has been somewhat helpful with stiffness but the pain is still present. The stomach upset and ringing in the ears has caused me to request different medication."

Art06 December 24, 2014

For Pain "Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep."

mules (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2014

For Pain "This works great."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2014

For Pain "After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return."

Anonymous April 14, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "The first couple days this did nothing for me but by the third day I really noticed less pain and stiffness. However, I had to stop taking it when I started having severe stomach aches, headaches, and blood pressure spiking up within an hour of taking it."

Mel 158 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2014

For Pain "I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects."

hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

For Back Pain "Used 75mg Voltaren twice a day as a maintenance for pain. The problem with pain sleeping was created by deterioration of fitness because of side effects from chemotherapy treatment for invasive breast cancer."

Bluegirlnz (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2014

For Pain "After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds."

di022 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

For Pain "I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill."

richard chongnee February 2, 2014

For Sciatica "I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "1 pill twice a day. Voltaren effective until it caused server swelling of my entire legs and hands. The increased edema put pressure on my bursa in both hips and on the nerves leaving my groin and going into my legs. All of this pressure caused electrical shocks in my thighs. I took a diurectic but it didn't remove the fluid from my thighs."

piedmount November 2, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have."

TweetieMarie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing."

Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013