Generic name: diclofenac sodium
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Voltaren safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Voltaren.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets) and other treatment options before deciding to use Voltaren. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
After observing the response to initial therapy with Voltaren, the dose and frequency should be adjusted to suit an individual patient’s needs.
For the relief of osteoarthritis, the recommended dosage is 100-150 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg b.i.d. or t.i.d., or 75 mg b.i.d.).
For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 150-200 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg t.i.d. or q.i.d., or 75 mg b.i.d.).
For the relief of ankylosing spondylitis, the recommended dosage is 100-125 mg/day, administered as 25 mg q.i.d., with an extra 25-mg dose at bedtime if necessary.
Different formulations of diclofenac [Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets); Voltaren®-XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release tablets); Cataflam® (diclofenac potassium immediate-release tablets)] are not necessarily bioequivalent even if the milligram strength is the same.
- Voltaren Side Effects
- Voltaren Drug Interactions
- Voltaren (diclofenac) consumer information
- Cambia (diclofenac potassium) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- Cambia (diclofenac) consumer information
- Cataflam (diclofenac potassium) tablet, sugar coated dosage information
- Cataflam (diclofenac) consumer information
- Diclofenac dosage information
- Diclofenac consumer information
- Voltaren XR (diclofenac sodium) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Zipsor (diclofenac pottasium) capsule, liquid filled dosage information
- Zipsor (diclofenac) consumer information