User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Voltaren review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1831 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren to treat Pain

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

This works great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:36 PM

After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return.

April 14, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects.

March 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by richard chongnee:

I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill.

February 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.

June 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Review by dlaml:

I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)

February 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Review by Bloggsy:

Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective

February 8, 2013 11:41 PM

Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding.

April 21, 2012 10:36 AM

Review by styxgroupi:

Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful.

April 6, 2012 8:09 PM

I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 6:18 PM

I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2011 6:19 PM

I use the gel and it may take a little time to work (about 30-45 minutes), but the effect is pretty good. It will take my pain from a 9 down to a 5 (that's pretty good for me).

June 13, 2011 11:37 PM

I have used Celebrex for my knee pain, but I still have some pain in my knee (may be slow effect). Then I change to take Voltaren rapid 25, now the pain have totally disappeared.

May 14, 2011 10:59 AM

I am highly alllergic to internal intake of NSAIDS. The gel has been tried as an alternative. I have had bilateral knee replacements and suffer from RSD. I thought the gel was helping the knees. However, when I was off of my narcotic protocol for a period of two weeks, I discovered that Voltaren did not work. I was sad that it did not work because I am seeking a good alternative to narcotics.

January 25, 2010 12:58 AM

Review by mary k cowart:

This drug is wonderful. You don't realize how much it helps until you leave it off for a day. I would highly rate this above anything I have taken.

January 22, 2010 5:59 PM

Review by Bill Mack:

I have been treated for plantar fasciitis (heel spurs) in my foot for 8 weeks - having several painful shots with little relief. I have only taken 3 doses of the Voltaren and I am feeling 90% pain free! I hope this will only improve with a little more treatment. I have had no noticeable side effects as of yet.

October 26, 2009 11:49 AM

Due to a recent accident my orthopedic doctor prescribed this for my knee swelling/bursitis condition. I'm a 51yr-old female and after 2-3 weeks of taking this medicine I was experiencing hot flashes frequently about 5X a day especially at night that wakes me up, which never occurred before. I thought I was pretty young to be experiencing this, but this website was the second place where I researched this medicine where it states "works by reducing hormones" that explains my hot flashes recently. I still need to take a few more pills and swelling has subsided in my knee but do not intend to take this long-term.

September 30, 2009 7:09 AM

Review by nunyobizness:

I had 2 shoulder surgeries. My doctor gave me this medication between the surgeries for pain. It worked. I did not get a "high" from it and it helped the pain. I do not like taking pills at all, but in severe cases I will use it and this did the trick.

December 12, 2008 1:11 AM

Great

November 3, 2008 4:52 PM

No side effects and back to work in a couple of days. Using voltaren and some intense home treatment reduced swelling and pain dramatically. When taking this drug the faster you get moving the better it works so don't sit around hoping for miracles.

October 3, 2008 6:43 AM

After 3 doses of 75mg, my knee and ankle swelling and pain have nearly completely gone.

June 22, 2008 8:46 AM

This pill made the pain almost un-noticeable. It works wonders.

June 20, 2008 9:22 AM

After taking other meds for 4 months, took Voltaren for 2 days and no pain in my wrist - I was able to sleep and work.

May 18, 2008 8:33 PM

Review by sleep pill:

this pill made me go from up all night throwing up because my back pain would not go away. then i got this slept for 8 hours. this pill will work wonders.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2008 11:17 AM