User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Voltaren Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1801 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren to treat Pain

"Was given voltaren-XR for knee pain. I am still unable to feel any effects. I also can't take Advil with it, which seems to be the only thing that was helping. Tylenol makes me very sleepy. Taking that with the Voltaren is not an option as I need to be alert for my job."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

"Best pain ointment I have ever tried"

Dave C. May 1, 2015

"Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep."

mules (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2014

"This works great."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2014

"After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return."

Anonymous April 14, 2014

"I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects."

hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

"After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds."

di022 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

"I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill."

richard chongnee February 2, 2014

"I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing."

Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

"I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)"

dlaml February 18, 2013

"Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective"

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

"Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding."

Anonymous April 21, 2012

"Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful."

styxgroupi April 6, 2012

"I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

"I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch."

Anonymous November 23, 2011

"I use the gel and it may take a little time to work (about 30-45 minutes), but the effect is pretty good. It will take my pain from a 9 down to a 5 (that's pretty good for me)."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

"I have used Celebrex for my knee pain, but I still have some pain in my knee (may be slow effect). Then I change to take Voltaren rapid 25, now the pain have totally disappeared."

Anonymous May 14, 2011

"I am highly alllergic to internal intake of NSAIDS. The gel has been tried as an alternative. I have had bilateral knee replacements and suffer from RSD. I thought the gel was helping the knees. However, when I was off of my narcotic protocol for a period of two weeks, I discovered that Voltaren did not work. I was sad that it did not work because I am seeking a good alternative to narcotics."

Anonymous January 25, 2010

"This drug is wonderful. You don't realize how much it helps until you leave it off for a day. I would highly rate this above anything I have taken."

mary k cowart January 22, 2010

"I have been treated for plantar fasciitis (heel spurs) in my foot for 8 weeks - having several painful shots with little relief. I have only taken 3 doses of the Voltaren and I am feeling 90% pain free! I hope this will only improve with a little more treatment. I have had no noticeable side effects as of yet."

Bill Mack October 26, 2009

"Due to a recent accident my orthopedic doctor prescribed this for my knee swelling/bursitis condition. I'm a 51yr-old female and after 2-3 weeks of taking this medicine I was experiencing hot flashes frequently about 5X a day especially at night that wakes me up, which never occurred before. I thought I was pretty young to be experiencing this, but this website was the second place where I researched this medicine where it states "works by reducing hormones" that explains my hot flashes recently. I still need to take a few more pills and swelling has subsided in my knee but do not intend to take this long-term."

Anonymous September 30, 2009

"I had 2 shoulder surgeries. My doctor gave me this medication between the surgeries for pain. It worked. I did not get a "high" from it and it helped the pain. I do not like taking pills at all, but in severe cases I will use it and this did the trick."

nunyobizness December 12, 2008

"Great"

Anonymous November 3, 2008

"No side effects and back to work in a couple of days. Using voltaren and some intense home treatment reduced swelling and pain dramatically. When taking this drug the faster you get moving the better it works so don't sit around hoping for miracles."

Anonymous October 3, 2008

"After 3 doses of 75mg, my knee and ankle swelling and pain have nearly completely gone."

Anonymous June 22, 2008