User Reviews for Premarin

Learn more about Premarin.

Premarin review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Oophorectomy.

Reviews for Premarin to treat Oophorectomy

Review by Maggie llltdia44:

I could not make it through one day without Premarin since I had my uterus removed. I take along with 24 mg. Bio-identical testosterone from Woman's International Pharmacy. Had the surgery in 1973 and suffered for so long, they even told me I had Lyme. I was bitten by a tick and crazy as it seems, these two hormones cured me. Go figure. I only use "name brand' Premarin like my mother and aunts used in the 50's when they used to combine Premarin and testosterone in one pill. I used to use that in the 70's 80's before bio-identical hormone cream.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 12:32 AM

Review by I had a complete hysterectomy 10 years ago. (taken for 10 years or more):

Premarin is great for reduction of discomforts caused by surgical menopause, hair, skin, sense of well being, sleep, moods and energy levels.

May 9, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by happy camp:

Had ophorectomy 8 years ago. On second week started to have terrible hot flashes, couldn't sleep any more. Doctor started me on all you can name before trying Premarin. Since Premarin got my life back. Several times again Doctor tried to decrease the dose and ween it, in order to complete stop. I went into deep depression crying all the time and back to nightmare again. So thanks to Premarin I'm a normal human being again. As a floor nurse on a cardiac floor have talked to several ladies in their seventies that still taking Premarin daily. My actual dose for years has being 0.65 mg daily.

August 28, 2011 9:49 AM

Review by sonokee:

In 1971 I had surgery and was put on 1.25 Premarin and told I must take it for life. Now in the year of 2009 looking back on all, I have to say I wish I had refused the surgery and didn't take Premarin. They didn't tell us about the possible side effects in those days, told only we wouldn't understand. I reported side effects to doctors, who did nothing. My huge stomach is finally beginning to shrink after being off Premarin for years.

July 16, 2009 5:19 PM

Review by jas-09:

I have been taking Premarin for (the better part of) 25 years. Due to insurance changes through this time I've been directed to use other estrogens. I will emphatically state that there is NO substitute for premarin. The others gave me breakthrough hot flashes and PMS. With all of the plumming gone, these were not acceptable being 32 years old. Premarin every day has kept me at an steady keel with no wavering in mood or temprament.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2008 3:45 PM

I've taken Premarin for over 17 years. It is great for controlling menopausal symptoms and mood swings in early surgical menopausal patients. It is also supposed to help prevent osteoporosis.

September 18, 2008 4:32 PM