User Reviews for Clarithromycin

Also known as: Biaxin, Biaxin XL

Learn more about Clarithromycin.

Clarithromycin Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Dental Abscess.

Reviews for Clarithromycin to treat Dental Abscess

"I have been fighting face swelling and shooting pain for over a month. Went to many different doctors they all kept telling me sinus infection , rebound sinus infection blah blah finally got tired of the constant pain and swelling and the horrible congestion. I started researching and found stuff that led me to believe it was an abscess I set up a dentist appointment up the next day which was yesterday. After Dr looked and did a set of X-rays determined it was a sinus infection not treated properly that in return infected my mouth. He gave me Clindamycin 150mg 1 pill every 6 hours. After the first pill I could feel the congestion breaking up and as gross as it sounds the abscess started to drain! At last somethings working"

Tired of the yuck (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

"I got a dental abscess and I'm taking my clarithromycin and still my cheeks are huge like a golf ball in my mouth and I'm getting worried."

tmp42 May 15, 2014

Biaxin (clarithromycin): "I started taking Biaxin two days ago for both a dental abscess and chronic bronchitis. So far I haven't noticed a difference but it may take a while. Horrible taste in my mouth and very sleepy. All in all it's not a bad medication so far."

celticgrl December 5, 2011

"I never had a tooth abscess before, I think child birth compares but it went on for days. Finally called my dentist, he prescribed Clarithromycin and it worked wonderfuly. I'm taking it again right now for a sinus infection, I requested it when I went to see my doctor. Day 2 and the terrible headache with the infection is gone. Clarithromycin will be my antibiotic of choice from now on."

ThoothHurtie June 8, 2010