User Reviews for Biaxin

5.4
Bronchitis 16 reviews 279 medications

5.4
Otitis Media 1 reviews 146 medications

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Helicobacter Pylori Infection 0 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycoplasma Pneumonia 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Biaxin reviews 48 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Biaxin

Review by fitzle:

For Bronchitis: I was full of itises: bronchitis, sinusitis and pharyngitis and felt miserable. Doc prescribed Biaxin and I started to be on the mend in a couple of days after starting treatment. On day 3 of taking it I felt good enough to exercise (not super intense, but enough to at least get the blood flowing and feel like a human being again.) Biaxin has been hard on my gut. It helps to eat a lot of food before taking it. If my stomach starts hurting or cramping, I eat more food and it helps relieve it. Unexpected side effect: Biaxin gave me energy and increased aggression/agitation. It did what it was supposed to do and knocked out my infection. All in all, worth it for me.

March 28, 2014 7:19 PM

Review by enicholson:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Only been on for 3 days, still coughing a bit but feel much better overall. Pharmacist told me to eat yogurt or take probiotics so maybe that's why Im not experiencing any side effects at all.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 9:28 PM

Review by 25skidoo:

For Sinusitis: I too have had multiple sinus infections and surgery twice. In addition I am immunosuppressed because of a medication for rheumatoid arthritis. Biaxin has always worked for me. I really have no side effects other than the metallic taste which is tolerable. I make sure I take it after food otherwise it is really hard on the stomach. I take Biaxin XL 500mg, 2 tablets once a day for 14 days.

August 14, 2013 7:07 AM

Review by Gabby:) (taken for less than 1 month):

For Strep Throat: I love this. I had a really bad strep throat and I tried everything I can so one day after I came back from a Cody Simpson signing (I couldn't miss that!) me and my mom walked to a doctor and he suggested Biaxin and after 1 dose I was feeling so much better it's been 4 days and I'm all better and I haven't had any side effects! The only sad thing that happens while I was taking this was a day after I got it I had to miss a Justin Bieber concert with my friend (she went) because my parents didn't know if the side effects would affect me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2013 8:41 PM

Review by Joretta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Sinusitis: I was on this for the first time last fall when I had H. Pylori. It knocked it out but threw me into my first vaginal yeast infection. The metallic taste in the mouth is horrible and my husband could even taste it when he kissed me. Currently I am on it for sinusitis which I have seasonal.

April 4, 2013 2:55 AM

Review by Anonymous5:

For Sinusitis: I have had MANY sinus infections over the years, and Biaxin is the only thing that really gets rid of them. Yes, you have a horrible (metallic) taste in your mouth, are a bit loopy, and tummy isn't the best, but those side effects are nothing compared to serious sinus pain. I'd rather be thirsty than feel like my head is in a vice all day!

February 25, 2013 7:50 PM

Review by NiNaft:

For Strep Throat: I have had this medication prescribed to me twice now. Both times within less than 24 hours of taking it I experienced the metallic taste in my mouth, nausea/vomiting, headache and the worst of all side effects, uncontrollable diarrhea. When I say this, it's not the "let me run to the bathroom quick" kind of diarrhea, it's the kind that if you're not within 5 feet to a washroom then you're basically out of luck. The medicine itself works really fast (my throat started feeling better after one dose) but there's no way that I can be on this medication and go to work for a full day....unless I take a few extra changes of clothes with me. I, unfortunately, seem to be experiencing the worst of the watery diarrhea symptoms associated with it.

February 14, 2013 9:01 AM

Review by KillerRevised (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Doc told me I had bronchitis, first time on Biaxin, after two days still have the bitter taste in the mouth, sleeping like crazy, increased heart rate, but overall medicine seems to be working great after two days, good alternative to amoxicillin.

February 6, 2013 6:08 PM

Review by Tarrah (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: After 4 days Biaxin makes me feel slightly light headed and very gassy.

January 11, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by bunny rabbit (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Stomach pains and bad taste. Drink plenty of water it helps the taste and stomach. I've had different reactions with Biaxin. Don't drink caffeine and take it. It will keep you awake and don't lay down in bed for 1 hour after taking. This all seems to help keep stimulation down so you can sleep.

November 15, 2012 7:02 PM

For Sinusitis: It works. It started to clear my sinus infection within 24 hours. However the stomach issues are unbearable, I could only handle 3 days of medication.

October 9, 2012 9:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Been on Biaxin earlier in the year for a sinus infection, worked like a charm then, and the side effects were slight. (Just the metallic taste.) Got prescribed it for bronchitis a couple of days ago and I've got the worst nausea, can't even look at or smell food.

September 15, 2012 11:33 AM

Review by Breeze27 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I had a bad sinus infection and it worked great...

May 25, 2012 1:24 PM

For Strep Throat: Yesterday I woke up feeling very sick, I had a horrible sore throat, bad migraine and I felt like I was going to vomit. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Biaxin. Ever since I started taking Biaxin I have been very sleepy during the day and restless sleep during the night, it has also left a really bitter taste in my mouth. I have been drinking so much water and going to the bathroom lots, but it doesn't seem to have made anything better. I will give it a few more days.

April 5, 2012 3:48 PM

For Bronchitis: From reading the other reviews, when it's good it's very very good and when it's bad it's horrid. Unfortunately my experience was horrid. After two days, couldn't get more than 10 ft from the toilet. That lasted for 2 weeks.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2012 5:29 PM

For Bronchitis: Eat a little yogurt before talking the pill and a little after. It takes that awful metal taste away.

February 2, 2012 2:48 PM

Review by celticgrl:

For Dental Abscess: I started taking Biaxin two days ago for both a dental abscess and chronic bronchitis. So far I haven't noticed a difference but it may take a while. Horrible taste in my mouth and very sleepy. All in all it's not a bad medication so far.

December 5, 2011 1:28 AM

For Sinusitis: Second antibiotic I've been on for this sinus infection (Z-pack didn't clear it up). I am slowly getting better, but I have all the unpleasant but evidently not dangerous side effects, nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, sour taste in my mouth. I dread taking the pill, because for the next two hours I have to lay my head on my desk because of nausea and dizziness. Even at night, I go to sleep, but wake up three hours later feeling like I'm going to vomit.

November 4, 2011 10:53 AM

For Bronchitis: I started Biaxin for Bronchitis 3 nights ago. By the next day I noticed some improvement in my chest congestion, but it's been 3 days and I still have a congested cough. I would have thought it would be somewhat better by now. It's the weekend so there's not much I can do. If I still have the chest congestion on Monday I'm going back to the Dr. Overall though there is an improvement.

October 22, 2011 8:57 PM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Caused my saliva to taste bitter (not fun) and caused stomach cramps and diarrhea. But I can breathe now.

August 25, 2011 7:10 PM

Review by Drywave:

For Strep Throat: This is a fantastic medication for strep throat. Only downfall is the vaginal discomfort. I find taking a pro-biotic pill 2 times daily while on it prevents the discomfort.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2011 3:32 PM

Review by Mikedb:

For Bronchitis: Biaxin was prescribed for bronchitis 500mg 2x daily. I have experienced metallic taste since the first pill. I am tired and have experienced a soreness on my right side. I have experienced soreness on my right side from other antibiotics as well (not all antibiotics), so perhaps this is a rare sensitivity on my part.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2011 2:42 PM

Review by sunvalleygirl:

For Pneumonia: Was one of the only medicines that worked for my pneumonia. It was administered via IV for 3 weeks 2x a day but it worked.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2011 8:41 PM

For Strep Throat: Allergic reaction after taking 2 x 500mg tablets. Symptoms: fast heart rate, headache, metallic taste, shaky on the inside, involuntary spasms, dizziness. I believe that the medicine would have worked if I did not experience the severe side effects.

January 24, 2011 7:51 PM

Review by MR86er:

For Sinusitis: I have been prescribed Biaxin twice in the past three months. The first onset of sinusitis took 6 weeks to clear. 1 week before Christmas it comes back with the worst pressure, 2 ER visits later they tell me the sinusitis is back. This round with Biaxin has left me: dehydrated, constant bathroom trips after eating anything, weight loss (12lbs in 2 weeks).

December 31, 2010 7:20 AM