User Reviews for Erythromycin

Also known as: E-Mycin, E.E.S. Granules, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab, Ery-Tab, Eryc, EryPed, Erythrocin, Erythrocin Lactobionate, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Erythrocot, Ilosone, MY-E, PCE Dispertab, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Erythromycin.

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications

Rheumatic Fever Prophylaxis 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syphilis, Early 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Erythromycin reviews 19 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Erythromycin

E.E.S.-400 (erythromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Almost immediate relief within 24 - 48 hours for moderate to severe sinus infections. I have experienced a temporary hearing loss that may be a side-effect."

rmeav8r1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2014

For Dental Abscess: "I'm currently taking it now as I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm on my 3rd day. I've been getting really painful stomach cramps, hot sweats and very loose stools. It's making me feel really ill. And it hasn't made my mouth feel any better at all. I'm going to give it one more day then I'm going to stop taking it because it's obviously not for me."

annonymous user January 4, 2014

Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab (erythromycin) for Pharyngitis: "This is very effective for sore throat and tonsillitis."

jeckoi December 26, 2013

For Otitis Media: "I'm taking this due to ear and sinus infection and swollen lymph nodes. I'm allergic to penicillin, so doctor gave me these. Seems to be working on infection, but slowly. I have to take 500mg 2xs a day. It gives me terrible stomach cramps and pain, but after I eat, the pain goes away. I'm just very lazy, tired and my brain is cloudy. Don't feel myself. Not sure if its due to my illness or the medicine. Drinks a lot of water. Hope you feel better!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

For Dental Abscess: "I was put on erythromycin for a tooth infection. It raised my blood pressure to 170/112. I stopped taking it when the course finished. I felt dizzy and out of sorts. My blood pressure is slowly decreasing now, but I still feel dizzy sometimes. "

kikidi June 30, 2012

For Bronchitis: "I've been taking it for two days since I am allergic to penicillins. I guess I feel better with the bronchitis but I have bad leg cramps and my stomach stays upset and have had horrible diarrhea. Side effects might not be worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "I am a skeptic on taking new medicine, but this medicine worked great for my strep throat and I had it very bad."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "Constant nausea, stomach pain, some vomiting."

Anonymous February 2, 2011

For Bronchitis: "It helps with bad chest pains caused by a trapped nerve and when I have a very bad bronchial infection."

Anonymous December 7, 2010

For Dental Abscess: "I am allergic to penicillin and found this medication relatively tolerable! But I am now on my third course, and the third is a double dose, after several root canal sessions. I feel quite bombed out, and don't know whether this is the infection or the medication. My tooth is continuing to re-infect, which is depressing. Perhaps I should be leaving this message in a week's time. I feel very delicate, nauseous, with a degree of anxiety - a subjective response, I admit!"

Anonymous May 28, 2010

For Pharyngitis: "My experience at first was that I was not able to take the chewable pill. It was quite distasteful and difficult to swallow. I switched to the liquid and this made a huge difference in my digesting of the medication. The medicine proved to be quite helpful. I was starting to feel better after the second day of taking the medication. "

ladiid April 5, 2010

For Pharyngitis: "I have been poorly for 3 weeks when I started to take this antibiotic. Now feeling alot better after 3 days although not 100%. Day 3 started to get looser than normal bowel movements and slight color change too but will monitor. "

residentboss March 30, 2010

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medication as I have a chest infection. I had a really bad cough for around 3 weeks, after 2 days of taking this my cough was so much better. EXCEPT that around the same time my cough signifigantly improved, I felt so nauseous."

Little Ms Moffat November 15, 2009

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have been diagnosed with COPD and IBS and Acid Reflux unfortunately, and I also had developed a chest infection on Monday. My Doctor prescribed ERYTHROMYCIN 200 mg TABLETS. This is Friday and I feel a lot lot better. Thank you very much for this discovery."

Big M October 16, 2009

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "This drug worked miracles for my skin but the side effects are overwhelming. I constantly have an upset stomach and am always tired. I have to take this medicine right before bed so I can function throughout my day. Usually when I wake up I still fell some of the side effects like an upset stomach."

Anonymous October 1, 2009

Ery-Tab (erythromycin) for Bronchitis: "I've always had good luck with ery-tabs. For myself, being allergic to penicillin and derivatives there of, this drug is a great replacement for amoxicillin."

TheFiggy September 26, 2009

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed to take the medication for sinus, inner ear, and chest infection. It made me terribly sick, so I stopped taking it. I know you're not supposed to stop and start, but I did three times. The most recent was after a medic on the set told me to eat yogurt and the sickness would subside. He said it was something in the bioflavins that helped with the nausea. My entire body felt great once I stayed on the medication as prescribed. Take care!"

Anonymous November 20, 2008

For Legionella Pneumonia: "Only side effect was I had no bowel movement."

Anonymous November 15, 2008

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "It is very effective."

loky July 12, 2008