User Reviews for Erythromycin

Also known as: E-Mycin, E.E.S. Granules, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab, Ery-Tab, Eryc, EryPed, Erythrocin, Erythrocin Lactobionate, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Erythrocot, Ilosone, PCE Dispertab, Robimycin, Wyamycin S

Learn more about Erythromycin.

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications

Syphilis, Early 0 reviews 52 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Erythromycin reviews 18 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Erythromycin

Review by annonymous user: User Rating:

erythromycin for Dental Abscess: I'm currently taking it now as I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm on my 3rd day. I've been getting really painful stomach cramps, hot sweats and very loose stools. It's making me feel really ill. And it hasn't made my mouth feel any better at all. I'm going to give it one more day then I'm going to stop taking it because it's obviously not for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by jeckoi: User Rating:

Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab (erythromycin) for Pharyngitis: This is very effective for sore throat and tonsillitis.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2013 5:13 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

erythromycin for Otitis Media: I'm taking this due to ear and sinus infection and swollen lymph nodes. I'm allergic to penicillin, so doctor gave me these. Seems to be working on infection, but slowly. I have to take 500mg 2xs a day. It gives me terrible stomach cramps and pain, but after I eat, the pain goes away. I'm just very lazy, tired and my brain is cloudy. Don't feel myself. Not sure if its due to my illness or the medicine. Drinks a lot of water. Hope you feel better!

July 8, 2012 12:03 PM
Review by kikidi: User Rating:

erythromycin for Dental Abscess: I was put on erythromycin for a tooth infection. It raised my blood pressure to 170/112. I stopped taking it when the course finished. I felt dizzy and out of sorts. My blood pressure is slowly decreasing now, but I still feel dizzy sometimes.

June 30, 2012 9:28 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

erythromycin for Bronchitis: I've been taking it for two days since I am allergic to penicillins. I guess I feel better with the bronchitis but I have bad leg cramps and my stomach stays upset and have had horrible diarrhea. Side effects might not be worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 4, 2012 1:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: I am a skeptic on taking new medicine, but this medicine worked great for my strep throat and I had it very bad.

December 2, 2011 3:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: Constant nausea, stomach pain, some vomiting.

February 2, 2011 3:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

erythromycin for Bronchitis: It helps with bad chest pains caused by a trapped nerve and when I have a very bad bronchial infection.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2010 6:42 AM

erythromycin for Dental Abscess: I am allergic to penicillin and found this medication relatively tolerable! But I am now on my third course, and the third is a double dose, after several root canal sessions. I feel quite bombed out, and don't know whether this is the infection or the medication. My tooth is continuing to re-infect, which is depressing. Perhaps I should be leaving this message in a week's time. I feel very delicate, nauseous, with a degree of anxiety - a subjective response, I admit!

May 28, 2010 4:15 PM
Review by ladiid: User Rating:

erythromycin for Pharyngitis: My experience at first was that I was not able to take the chewable pill. It was quite distasteful and difficult to swallow. I switched to the liquid and this made a huge difference in my digesting of the medication. The medicine proved to be quite helpful. I was starting to feel better after the second day of taking the medication.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2010 9:31 AM
Review by residentboss: User Rating:

erythromycin for Pharyngitis: I have been poorly for 3 weeks when I started to take this antibiotic. Now feeling alot better after 3 days although not 100%. Day 3 started to get looser than normal bowel movements and slight color change too but will monitor.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2010 12:49 PM
Review by Little Ms Moffat: User Rating:

erythromycin for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I was prescribed this medication as I have a chest infection. I had a really bad cough for around 3 weeks, after 2 days of taking this my cough was so much better. EXCEPT that around the same time my cough signifigantly improved, I felt so nauseous.

November 15, 2009 9:40 AM
Review by Big M: User Rating:

erythromycin for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I have been diagnosed with COPD and IBS and Acid Reflux unfortunately, and I also had developed a chest infection on Monday. My Doctor prescribed ERYTHROMYCIN 200 mg TABLETS. This is Friday and I feel a lot lot better. Thank you very much for this discovery.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 16, 2009 9:07 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

erythromycin for Skin Infection: This drug worked miracles for my skin but the side effects are overwhelming. I constantly have an upset stomach and am always tired. I have to take this medicine right before bed so I can function throughout my day. Usually when I wake up I still fell some of the side effects like an upset stomach.

October 1, 2009 1:00 PM
Review by TheFiggy: User Rating:

Ery-Tab (erythromycin) for Bronchitis: I've always had good luck with ery-tabs. For myself, being allergic to penicillin and derivatives there of, this drug is a great replacement for amoxicillin.

September 26, 2009 10:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

erythromycin for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I was prescribed to take the medication for sinus, inner ear, and chest infection. It made me terribly sick, so I stopped taking it. I know you're not supposed to stop and start, but I did three times. The most recent was after a medic on the set told me to eat yogurt and the sickness would subside. He said it was something in the bioflavins that helped with the nausea. My entire body felt great once I stayed on the medication as prescribed. Take care!

November 20, 2008 7:06 PM

erythromycin for Legionella Pneumonia: Only side effect was I had no bowel movement.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2008 9:29 AM
Review by loky: User Rating:

erythromycin for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: It is very effective.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 12, 2008 10:10 AM

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).