User Reviews for Amoxil

Sinusitis 3 reviews 247 medications

4.9
Summary of Amoxil reviews 18 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Amoxil

For Sinusitis "Every time I'm prescribed Amoxil I have yeast infections for a week or so. Diflucan is also a given."

Mac00 January 20, 2016

For Pneumonia "I have bacterial pneumonia with 2 spots on my lungs after the flu. Not much nasal involvement. Bad headache, body ache, fever and chills. Deep dry cough. Started Levaguin by IV at the ER but within an hour I got hives on mouth and neck and slightly itchy all over, then 3 bouts of projectile vomiting. Then tried Clavimycin but developed hives after 2 days. Both meds helped me feel better and headache & fever went away. Now on amoxicillin-clav 875, twice a day. Symptoms are very slowly improving. Only a bit of loose stool. Probiotics and bland diet help."

TexasSickie December 11, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I am a patient with a cold and cough. Whenever I am exposed to cold for more time without proper covering my body, I get cold and coughing. I immediately start bronchitis effect. I start coughing. I feel very nervous and feeling very sick. No mood for doing any activity. Feel tired and body ache. This situation remains for very long time if I don%u2019t take medicine and ultimately it goes away quickly if I start antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the most effective drug for my bronchitis. It starts effect from the very 1st pill. I feel very comfortable after the prescribed dose is finished. I take MOXIKIND-CV 625 in India. It does not have any side effect to me. I wonder why Indian doctors treat me with the drug contains Cefixime, whenever I suffer from bronchitis. It is never effective at all and ultimately I need to take Amoxicillin and immediately I get relief from my painful bronchitis. Thanks to Amoxicillin."

Pramukh (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I had to stop taking this (amoxicillin liquid) after it made my throat swell up and affected my breathing. I strongly believe that it was the yellow colouring in the medication which caused this rather than the drug itself as I have had allergic reactions to Tartrazine on several occasions and I now read labels thoroughly. I wish medications could be prescribed that do not have added colourings as a large number of people, like me, are allergic to several azo dyes."

Peggy P July 4, 2015

For Dental Abscess "Seeks to be working well, had 3 teeth extracted, and my dentist prescribed this medication due to the slight swelling prior to the extraction, which has gone done down considerably, along with the major pain and pressure that accompanied it before."

AJ "The Hawaiian" (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2014

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "Works almost instantly, and a while even after you used it all up"

Anonymous September 2, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "Had my wisdom tooth pulled and I'm hard headed and hate all medications and ended up with a sinus infection and it was painful. Finally took my prescribed medication of Amoxil and I felt it working 17hrs later. First time I finished all of my medication."

pebblesz (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Sufferd from heart burn and peptic ulcers every day and night for more than 30years. An older Doctor treated the root cause, not the symptom with amoxicillin & Carafate. I haven't used any antacids for more than 5 years now, and have been enjoying all the foods I like, whenever I like. Thank God for old Doctors."

Okie John (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013

For Pneumonia "10 to 15% improvement after second gel capsule"

AOS February 11, 2013

For Bladder Infection "I started feeling better within a half of a day. This was good because I had been suffering for 6 days trying to get into the doctor. I feel much better now with no side effects. I had a terrible reaction in the past to Cipro so I was happy to try another medicine that worked better for me."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "This worked wonders!"

Anonymous February 14, 2012

271 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I'd taken Amoxil before and had no reaction to it, but apparently you can develop an allergic reaction to this medicine. The doctor prescribed this along with a new allergy medicine so it took about three days before the allergy medicine couldn't fight off the reaction that I (up until that point) didn't realize I was having to Amoxil. It started with swollen spots in the back of my throat before I went to bed. My roommates mother is a nurse and told me to take extra Benadryl which is probably what saved me because by 4am I had to go to the emergency room because my throat was swelling closed and I only had a small airway left. The good thing was that this reaction took place over several hours and could EASILY be treated."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "Excellent for Ear infection in kids."

Dr Munro September 4, 2010

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "This medication was very effective in clearing the severe acne."

marleii January 19, 2010

For Bronchitis "I took a full week of Amoxil for bronchitis, with not much relief. I am now taking another antibiotic."

Anonymous November 19, 2009

For Sinusitis "No side effects!"

Anonymous November 6, 2009

For Bacterial Infection "Excellent. The best antibiotic. My children respond well and it works fast."

mitcore June 5, 2008

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "no side effects, gentle but efective. Feelings of relief began a few hours after the first pill."

Anonymous April 5, 2008

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate