User Reviews for Amoxil

Sinusitis 2 reviews 251 medications

4.4
Actinomycosis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 56 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Neurologic 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxil reviews 14 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Amoxil

Review by AJ "The Hawaiian" (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dental Abscess: Seeks to be working well, had 3 teeth extracted, and my dentist prescribed this medication due to the slight swelling prior to the extraction, which has gone done down considerably, along with the major pain and pressure that accompanied it before.

March 15, 2014 12:00 AM

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Works almost instantly, and a while even after you used it all up

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Review by pebblesz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Had my wisdom tooth pulled and I'm hard headed and hate all medications and ended up with a sinus infection and it was painful. Finally took my prescribed medication of Amoxil and I felt it working 17hrs later. First time I finished all of my medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 3:23 AM

Review by Okie John (taken for less than 1 month):

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Sufferd from heart burn and peptic ulcers every day and night for more than 30years. An older Doctor treated the root cause, not the symptom with amoxicillin & Carafate. I haven't used any antacids for more than 5 years now, and have been enjoying all the foods I like, whenever I like. Thank God for old Doctors.

February 26, 2013 4:46 PM

Review by AOS:

For Pneumonia: 10 to 15% improvement after second gel capsule

February 11, 2013 10:00 AM

For Bladder Infection: I started feeling better within a half of a day. This was good because I had been suffering for 6 days trying to get into the doctor. I feel much better now with no side effects. I had a terrible reaction in the past to Cipro so I was happy to try another medicine that worked better for me.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 5:10 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: This worked wonders!

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2012 3:39 PM

For Sinusitis: I'd taken Amoxil before and had no reaction to it, but apparently you can develop an allergic reaction to this medicine. The doctor prescribed this along with a new allergy medicine so it took about three days before the allergy medicine couldn't fight off the reaction that I (up until that point) didn't realize I was having to Amoxil. It started with swollen spots in the back of my throat before I went to bed. My roommates mother is a nurse and told me to take extra Benadryl which is probably what saved me because by 4am I had to go to the emergency room because my throat was swelling closed and I only had a small airway left. The good thing was that this reaction took place over several hours and could EASILY be treated.

August 6, 2011 4:05 PM

Review by Dr Munro:

For Bacterial Infection: Excellent for Ear infection in kids.

September 4, 2010 11:20 PM

Review by marleii:

For Skin Infection: This medication was very effective in clearing the severe acne.

January 19, 2010 9:32 AM

For Bronchitis: I took a full week of Amoxil for bronchitis, with not much relief. I am now taking another antibiotic.

November 19, 2009 10:04 PM

For Sinusitis: No side effects!

November 6, 2009 2:07 PM

Review by mitcore:

For Bacterial Infection: Excellent. The best antibiotic. My children respond well and it works fast.

June 5, 2008 4:12 AM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: no side effects, gentle but efective. Feelings of relief began a few hours after the first pill.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2008 12:15 PM