User Reviews for Aspirin

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Acuprin 81, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Arthritis Pain, Ascriptin, Ascriptin Enteric, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Aspergum, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Aspirin Lite Coat, Aspirin Low Strength, Aspiritab, Aspirtab, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Aspirin.

Reviews for Aspirin to treat Sciatica

"I have severe sciatica as a result of cyst on L5. Epidural failed, gave relief for a week before pain returned, and I am headed toward surgery to remove the cyst. I have found aspirin works better than Aleve (2 every 8 hours or 3 every 12 hours per my doc is OK) , Advil and Tylenol, 10 MG Norco and Gabapentin although I am stepping up bit by bit to a full dose of gabapentin and maybe eventually that will help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10 and the aspirin will cut it down to a 3-4 for a couple of hours."

candy3389 October 13, 2013

"I am 35 year old male with moderate to severe sciatica (pain from buttock to ankle) due to bulging disc L5 - S1. I found taking a 1000mg dose gave significant and almost total relief for about 1 to 2 hours. The effect was greater if the pain was not too severe, the best results came from taking Aspirin before the pain got severe. I also found that taking Aspirin without food made it work faster but I suffered stomach aches a consequence."

Mark P M August 17, 2009