User Reviews for Aspirin

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Acuprin 81, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Arthritis Pain, Ascriptin, Ascriptin Enteric, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Aspergum, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Aspirin Lite Coat, Aspirin Low Strength, Aspiritab, Aspirtab, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Aspirin.

Reviews for Aspirin to treat Sciatica

Review by candy3389:

I have severe sciatica as a result of cyst on L5. Epidural failed, gave relief for a week before pain returned, and I am headed toward surgery to remove the cyst. I have found aspirin works better than Aleve (2 every 8 hours or 3 every 12 hours per my doc is OK) , Advil and Tylenol, 10 MG Norco and Gabapentin although I am stepping up bit by bit to a full dose of gabapentin and maybe eventually that will help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10 and the aspirin will cut it down to a 3-4 for a couple of hours.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2013 7:02 PM

Review by Mark P M:

I am 35 year old male with moderate to severe sciatica (pain from buttock to ankle) due to bulging disc L5 - S1. I found taking a 1000mg dose gave significant and almost total relief for about 1 to 2 hours. The effect was greater if the pain was not too severe, the best results came from taking Aspirin before the pain got severe. I also found that taking Aspirin without food made it work faster but I suffered stomach aches a consequence.

August 17, 2009 3:31 AM