User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

ADHD 251 reviews 62 medications

8.6
Narcolepsy 28 reviews 13 medications

Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

9.4
Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 288 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by Gilmoregirl: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I'm so much more focused at work and home. But I noticed, if I don't eat, I'm a space cadet. Eating is very important, otherwise you're just wasting a good medicine. I also have ALOT more energy, By Far! I work the overnight shift at work, and it helps very much. Thanks Adderall.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 6:27 AM
Review by G money: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 2:50 PM
Review by 2nd chance at life: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM
Review by Ana<3: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall XR has been amazing for me. I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5, and was on and off of stimulants since original diagnosis. As a kid I would go through bouts of taking it and bouts of pretending to take it. I tried to be unmedicated as an adult, but that only produced anxiety, likely due to my naturally occurring rapid thought processing and tendency to fail to complete projects (distracted by new thoughts). My quality of life is significantly better when I take Adderall and I see no shame to be had in that. I experience dry mouth fairly often, but overall it is amazing and totally worth it. I am however nervous about facing pregnancy without it, as well as breast feeding. This medicine really makes a difference in my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 7:55 PM
Review by streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Very effective in treating ADHD.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 11:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD.

January 28, 2014 2:46 PM
Review by simbo: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It was like a light bulb went on in my brain.

January 25, 2014 2:59 PM
Review by dimach: User Rating:

amphetamine / dextroamphetamine for ADHD: I am a 56 year old mom of 5 children. Three of my sons had ADHD in varying degrees growing up. As a child, I too suffered with the same symptoms. I just didn't know what it was. I started taking Adderall XR a month ago and it feels like someone flipped a switch and I feel for the first time, like a "normal" person. I also take Prozac (80mg) and both have changed my life. No side effects. None! I take 40mg of the Adderall XR in the morning. Best thing I have done for myself!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2014 11:25 PM
Review by jenissa (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

amphetamine / dextroamphetamine for ADHD: My 14 yr old son takes this medication for ADHD. He had bad side effects from Ritalin and so his Psychiatrist put him on dextroamphetamine extended release, 10mg/day. The difference was amazing! No side effects at all and his grades went from C's to A's in two months time. He is calmer, more interested in learning, and his overall attitude has vastly improved. His teachers noticed the difference immediately. I wish I had known about this medication when his sister was dealing with severe ADHD. I highly recommend this treatment, in contest with real life changes, such as making sure kids with ADHD have enough stimulation (tablet, laptop, sports, etc.) and always remember ADHD kids need very short term punishments instead of normal ones.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2014 5:51 PM
Review by jenissa (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

amphetamine / dextroamphetamine for Fatigue: I have dealt with depression, on and off, for most of my life. I have depression that is heavily marked by fatigue and is very resistant to SSRI's. In fact, SSRI's have never done anything at all for me. Upon switching to an every other day dose of 30mg/day of Dextroamphetamine, I found the depression subsided immediately. I was no longer fatigued at all. Of course, I have more energy on the days I take the medication, but I don't feel overly tired at all on the other days either. On this medication I am able to think clearly and deal with the normal stresses of life. I do not recommend eating before, or for several hours after, taking this. I would highly recommend it for anyone who has little to no success with SSRI's or a lot of fatigue.

January 22, 2014 5:39 PM
Review by Matt Kazmir (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: As a 16 year old junior in highschool, I never seemed to really notice how much I didn't pay attention to things that didn't interest me. As my family and friends have been saying how important getting good grades in junior year is, I thought deeply about it and found out that maybe I just don't care. Although it wasn't that, I really do care, but I just never wanted to sit down and do the homework. Because it's not interesting, even though I know how important it is. I eventually brought this to my mothers attention and she even noticed it for awhile, that maybe I have ADD. Eventually we went to a special Dr, he concluded I have mild/moderate ADD, started me on 15mg last month, didn't last all school day, and today i just picked up my 25mg

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2014 6:40 PM
Review by Zephead: User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Been on it for five months. At first, didn't notice any change. Now I find myself daydreaming less. Concentration hasn't improved much, but I'm less impulsive and think things through more than I used to. Instead of having thousands of thoughts at once, I now only have hundreds. I like it it helps me.

January 11, 2014 5:28 AM
Review by LongDongJohn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine is amazing. I took it about 5 hours ago and still going strong.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2013 9:11 PM
Review by Elakshi (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I was first prescribed Adderall XR 15mg in 2009. I was so fatigued that I was falling asleep driving to work. This medication helped immediately; I took it first thing in the morning, and it would give me a burst of energy. All of a sudden I was able to focus, and I stayed calm and rational amidst the craziest chaos at work. I absolutely loved the way I was when I took Adderall. I always took a break from it on weekends to prevent my body from building a tolerance too soon. That it would happen I had no doubt about; but I wanted to enjoy it as long as possible. (If you know the movie "Limitless", then you know what I'm talking about). I was still me, just better. Alas, I had to up my dosage to get the same effect. Now at 60mg.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 1:47 PM
Review by SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes.

December 21, 2013 7:33 PM
Review by Nootropic X (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

amphetamine / dextroamphetamine for Fatigue: Found that the medication (Adderall) has improved my ability to collect, process, and retrieve information from memory via hippocampus/PFC too. Less prone to act out, finding myself, actually, more polite. Less distracted, more empathetic, and tend to weigh long term & short term goals and the risk vs. benefit that comes along with such decision making. It is a superb med for improving one's executive functions within the brain. The medicine affects both CNS & PNS; thus, the medicine needs be used with caution and, in some cases, infrequently as not to burn out one's D2 among other receptor sites. It works for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2013 2:01 PM
Review by pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.

November 25, 2013 3:43 PM
Review by emie_13: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later.

November 21, 2013 4:30 AM
Review by Joseg123: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: In school I could not focus and went through bad moments that I will never forget. Writing this I can still picture all of those who made disgusting gestures because I would leave group projects 1/2 way. Through high school I was in the verge of failing, although, my commitment and dedication to reach the dream of going to college, kept me strong.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 17, 2013 9:57 PM
Review by Biote (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I've been on adderall for six months for narcolepsy. It has given me a life back. It has helped my severe daytime sleepiness by about 80 %. There are times if I'm really really tired that I can tell the med doesnt help. But mostly it is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the crash after the med wears off. I can tell a huge difference. And it is also disappointing that I have to take meds to stay awake each day. But overall, I would say I'm very thankful for it.

November 11, 2013 12:47 AM
Review by DPhysicist (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I am 21, I'm studying in physics and I have been on adderall for almost 2 years now. I started at 15 mg and I am now at 25 mg. It was good the first year, very effective. But now, I don't think it really helps. I feel sleepy with it and I lost attention very quickly. I don't think the dose is the problem, I feel the effect and I think that increasing the dose will augment the anxiety cause by it (I noticed that each time I had to augment the doses, the side effects was worst). I'm gonna return to Ritalin tonight, it was way more effective. Or maybe another one with methylphenidate. Concerta didn't works for me, maybe biphentin should.

November 4, 2013 5:03 PM
Review by Jenn95: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse

October 29, 2013 3:19 PM
Review by joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2013 7:13 PM
Review by skittles1215: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue.

October 6, 2013 5:20 PM
Review by RedFiona: User Rating:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2013 2:48 PM