Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

ADHD 282 reviews 62 medications

8.6
Narcolepsy 32 reviews 13 medications

8.9
Fatigue 9 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 323 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by JHahn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The extended release tablets enable me to maintain a normal functioning rate, without crashing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 2:09 PM

Review by Adoman:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Review by pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists.

January 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by allisonreberhardt (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For ADHD: Occasionally I can have jittery side effects... not enough that it outweighs the benefits. It's a great medication for those who won't abuse it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 11:30 PM

Review by Jojobabe11:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Adderall XR 25mg going on my 4 month. It has helped me tremendously! I'm more focused and alert now. I don't feel as drawn out like I used too. I'm also on anxiety medicine taking both helps balance myself. I have a hard time wanting to eat since I've started taking Adderall, a lot of times I have to force myself to eat, but it has helped me lose 25 pounds!!! I find myself grinding my teeth a lot not sure why, but that's the worse side effect I experience from taking it. I feel more healthy now than I have in a long time, I will continue taking this medication.

December 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Review by LA4589:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I love it, it helps me succeed in subjects/ work tasks that I have struggled with so much in the past which has affected my self esteem. I have been on it for 5 years. I take 20 mg twice a day, and feel a need to go up a bit for the dosage, it's been a while and doesn't feel as effective.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 3:27 AM

Review by lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.

November 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been on everything from Concerta to Wellbutrin to Vyvanse. Next to Vyvanse, Adderall XR has been the most helpful. If I take it any later than noon, I will absolutely have insomnia. I also have to be careful about the foods I eat, and especially try to avoid my multi-vitamin in the morning (because of the citric acid). It doesn't decrease my appetite, sometimes I feel like it increases it, but it prevents me from binge-eating. I take 20mg Adderall XR with 25mg of Zoloft and though it helps with my OCD tendencies that Adderall is likely to cause, I don't think the combination works as well as Adderall XR by itself. I will also occasionally have heart palpitations, but that's usually a sign that I need to limit my coffee intake!

November 13, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by ChristineMh:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My 10 y/o daughter used this medication for several months. Was not as effective as a previous medication (Vyvanse). Did not last that long (effect wore off mid day) and caused her to have an increased heart rate daily. In addition, her entire mood changed. She became uninterested in even her favorite things, almost like a depression, and she also became extremely moody. Very irritable and easily aggitated and upset.

October 29, 2014 3:19 PM

Review by copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy.

September 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Review by shrtybby (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps me 100 time over to stay focused at work and home. I also seem alot more alert at home

September 29, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by JackOreilly:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This pill definitely keeps me focused.

September 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy.

September 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Jen P (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My 8 year old daughter has ADD, she is not really hyper, just has an attention deficit. We started her on Focalin, and that turned her into a clingy, bashful, quiet kid. I can't say if it really helped her in school; I never saw an improvement. Then we switched to Adderall 10mg XR this past summer, and she is doing well. SHE even told me she liked this medicine because she can focus now. She still needs us to keep an eye on her but she is much better than she was.

September 20, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Natsom (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For ADHD: Very helpful in improving concentration and completing tasks.

August 30, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Drew4890:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well.

August 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by Dextin:

For ADHD: I have been on Adderall(D-Amphetamine salts combo)and Adderall XR for 3 years (and other brands), starting at 10mgs and over time, due to tolerance, am on 20mgs regular, 20mgs XR, as well as 20mgs Dextroamphetamine ER (total of 60mgs\day). I must say that the few negative side effects did not last for me, so I eat normal and sleep well. Having figured out the correct dose combination for me has helped in so many ways. Now I can concentrate and complete things in a well organized way. The only issue I've had is the difference in the different brands.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by Herbert white:

For ADHD: I've been on this medication for years and without it I can't concentrate read or comprehend at all. If you honestly need this it does what it is Supposed to do.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 1:43 AM

Review by I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options.

July 21, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by chrishaw (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid because I was our typical class clown that didn't do anything in class. My parents took me to the doctor and I was prescribed Adderall and it did what is was suppose to but I absolutely hated because instead of playing at recess I would just read a book, so I quit taking it. Fast forward to freshmen year in college I was completely overwhelmed with school so I went back got tested and they put me on Vyvanse, it did the job but I was so mad when I was on it, they switched be to Adderall. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, make you productive. I went from a 3.0 to a 3.8 from this medicine. But make sure you eat, if you are on it your body will not tell you you're hungry.

July 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by Tony V:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I was prescribed Adderall XR for lack of focus and attention. After being on the medicine (10 mg) for 4 days I felt very confused and had trouble talking. I was stumbling over my words and second guessing myself. My appetite was altered (as expected) but I made sure I ate frequently. I also noticed I was very impulsive and short tempered, more than usually. I just wasn't my normal self on this medicine. I'm glad it has worked for many people, but it did not agree with me.

July 11, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.

July 8, 2014 6:52 PM