Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Adderall, Adderall XR

Learn more about Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.

ADHD 288 reviews 31 medications

8.6
Narcolepsy 35 reviews 14 medications

8.9
Fatigue 11 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine reviews 334 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine

Review by Parker2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It made me more nervous than usual. It is less stimulating than Adderall IR. I decided to switch to Ritalin.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 9:11 PM

Review by Poolman56 (taken for less than 1 month):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I started it a few days ago. It helps me stay focused and less anxious in public situations.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 10:31 PM

Review by Nishimaru2:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits.

February 24, 2015 5:12 PM

Review by we3reeds (taken for 10 years or more):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 4:56 AM

Review by Tc 1:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys

February 6, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by thatguyyy:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 4:23 PM

Review by brain never stops (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Had the best results from Adderall XR. So smooth that I could concentrate and felt like the most normal person with absolutely no highs and lows. I could sit and concentrate for hours, go to sleep like normal people and wake up like other adults. Insurance quit paying for it and had to switch to regular Adderall.

January 29, 2015 11:48 PM

Review by 3xSurvior:

For Fatigue: I suffered from depression for 15 years, but was able to handle it until I began having severe health problems. I've had 18 surgeries (over half were major); most resulted in complications. My longest hospitalization lasted almost a year; September 08 - July 09. I've had 3 more surgeries, the latest was in May, 2013. Since July 09 I've been severely depressed with no energy & no desire to leave the house. I was put on Adderall (40mg at 10am, 20mg at 2pm). Now, I feel like my OLD self again! My ONLY side effect is insomnia. Often, I don't sleep at all & I get bored when everyone else is sleeping. The next day, I don't feel tired & I function normally, but my Dr. tried to lower my dose. It didn't help. This dose works for me & it's worth it!

January 24, 2015 2:47 AM

Review by JHahn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: The extended release tablets enable me to maintain a normal functioning rate, without crashing.

January 22, 2015 2:09 PM

Review by Adoman:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning.

January 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Review by pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists.

January 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by allisonreberhardt (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For ADHD: Occasionally I can have jittery side effects... not enough that it outweighs the benefits. It's a great medication for those who won't abuse it.

January 7, 2015 11:30 PM

Review by vm90 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Fatigue: I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 8:38 PM

Review by Seigfred (taken for less than 1 month):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I gave Adderall an 8 out of 10 because it is very effective, anyone who is narcoleptic (which is why I use this medicine) will stay awake completely. Depending on the dosage you can stay awake anywhere from 5 hours to even more than 12. The down side to this medicine, and let me be clear that it is just with my experience is that it can make you jittery and excited. It also gave me "false confidence" and just overall made me more outgoing than I usually. Also I found that the first time I used it it gave me quite a high, which I eventually got used to. After several days I started hallucinating things and got paranoid. There are definitely some psychological side effects even more than the ones that I've experienced.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 11:32 AM

Review by WhiteBirch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: I thought Nuvigil was good, but Adderall is amazing. It helps me feel almost human, again. Not only does Adderall keep me awake, but it clears up some of the mental fog caused by Narcolepsy. Cataplexy is also not as severe when I'm on Adderall. I can finally focus at work, I have enough energy to take care of myself and my family, and I'm doing so well at work that I got two raises in the last 3 months! The irony is that you have to be well-rested for it to work; otherwise, it does absolutely nothing. I have also started devoloping a tolerance so it starts to wear off after about 3-4 hours, but I take another dose and it gets me through the rest of the day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by Jojobabe11:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Adderall XR 25mg going on my 4 month. It has helped me tremendously! I'm more focused and alert now. I don't feel as drawn out like I used too. I'm also on anxiety medicine taking both helps balance myself. I have a hard time wanting to eat since I've started taking Adderall, a lot of times I have to force myself to eat, but it has helped me lose 25 pounds!!! I find myself grinding my teeth a lot not sure why, but that's the worse side effect I experience from taking it. I feel more healthy now than I have in a long time, I will continue taking this medication.

December 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Review by LA4589:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I love it, it helps me succeed in subjects/ work tasks that I have struggled with so much in the past which has affected my self esteem. I have been on it for 5 years. I take 20 mg twice a day, and feel a need to go up a bit for the dosage, it's been a while and doesn't feel as effective.

November 30, 2014 3:27 AM

Review by lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I have been on everything from Concerta to Wellbutrin to Vyvanse. Next to Vyvanse, Adderall XR has been the most helpful. If I take it any later than noon, I will absolutely have insomnia. I also have to be careful about the foods I eat, and especially try to avoid my multi-vitamin in the morning (because of the citric acid). It doesn't decrease my appetite, sometimes I feel like it increases it, but it prevents me from binge-eating. I take 20mg Adderall XR with 25mg of Zoloft and though it helps with my OCD tendencies that Adderall is likely to cause, I don't think the combination works as well as Adderall XR by itself. I will also occasionally have heart palpitations, but that's usually a sign that I need to limit my coffee intake!

November 13, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now.

November 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by ChristineMh:

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: My 10 y/o daughter used this medication for several months. Was not as effective as a previous medication (Vyvanse). Did not last that long (effect wore off mid day) and caused her to have an increased heart rate daily. In addition, her entire mood changed. She became uninterested in even her favorite things, almost like a depression, and she also became extremely moody. Very irritable and easily aggitated and upset.

October 29, 2014 3:19 PM

Review by copeyswife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: Worked very well but only downfall some days made me super anxious and jittery. Overall cant wait to get back on it for some energy.

September 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Review by shrtybby (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Helps me 100 time over to stay focused at work and home. I also seem alot more alert at home

September 29, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by JackOreilly:

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: This pill definitely keeps me focused.

September 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy.

September 21, 2014 11:47 AM