User Reviews for Adderall XR

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 6 reviews 15 medications

ADHD 111 reviews 32 medications

8.6
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 117 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "As a 16 year old junior in highschool, I never seemed to really notice how much I didn't pay attention to things that didn't interest me. As my family and friends have been saying how important getting good grades in junior year is, I thought deeply about it and found out that maybe I just don't care. Although it wasn't that, I really do care, but I just never wanted to sit down and do the homework. Because it's not interesting, even though I know how important it is. I eventually brought this to my mothers attention and she even noticed it for awhile, that maybe I have ADD. Eventually we went to a special Dr, he concluded I have mild/moderate ADD, started me on 15mg last month, didn't last all school day, and today i just picked up my 25mg"

Matt Kazmir (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2014

For ADHD "Been on it for five months. At first, didn't notice any change. Now I find myself daydreaming less. Concentration hasn't improved much, but I'm less impulsive and think things through more than I used to. Instead of having thousands of thoughts at once, I now only have hundreds. I like it it helps me."

Zephead January 11, 2014

For ADHD "This medicine is amazing. I took it about 5 hours ago and still going strong."

LongDongJohn (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I was first prescribed Adderall XR 15mg in 2009. I was so fatigued that I was falling asleep driving to work. This medication helped immediately; I took it first thing in the morning, and it would give me a burst of energy. All of a sudden I was able to focus, and I stayed calm and rational amidst the craziest chaos at work. I absolutely loved the way I was when I took Adderall. I always took a break from it on weekends to prevent my body from building a tolerance too soon. That it would happen I had no doubt about; but I wanted to enjoy it as long as possible. (If you know the movie "Limitless", then you know what I'm talking about). I was still me, just better. Alas, I had to up my dosage to get the same effect. Now at 60mg."

Elakshi (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2013

For ADHD "I am 21, I'm studying in physics and I have been on adderall for almost 2 years now. I started at 15 mg and I am now at 25 mg. It was good the first year, very effective. But now, I don't think it really helps. I feel sleepy with it and I lost attention very quickly. I don't think the dose is the problem, I feel the effect and I think that increasing the dose will augment the anxiety cause by it (I noticed that each time I had to augment the doses, the side effects was worst). I'm gonna return to Ritalin tonight, it was way more effective. Or maybe another one with methylphenidate. Concerta didn't works for me, maybe biphentin should."

DPhysicist (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2013

For ADHD "Couldn't live without it. Didn't discover it until a few years ago."

gomer1947 August 25, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I have taken Adderall XR for YEARS now. I have MS & as a result have hypersomnia, which is very similar to narcolepsy. For years & years, I took Provigil alone for this & it was great. But eventually, Provigil was no longer enough to keep me awake. My doctor tried me on Adderall XR & it was amazing. I was able to stay awake ALL day long & felt great. I never had any real jitteriness. It does make me have almost no appetite at all, ever. Mostly I just don't think about eating, it doesn't really occur to me & when I do eat, I can't eat much. But, having been obese most of my life...this hasn't exactly been a problem! "

AmyR July 4, 2013

For ADHD "I am 25 years old. Over the last 3 years I have pretty muched ruined most of my relationships involving my career and my personal life. The most common symptoms I experience are: Difficulty concentrating and staying on task, caprishious behavior/severe mood swings, impulsive behavior/making irrational decisions that significantly impact my future, depression, and anxiety. I had a great job, and I had lots of friends. Unfortunately, difficult events took place that caused my emotional health to start spiraling out of control. I became diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in April 2013. Started Addrerall 30mg XR. It really helped me feel more motivated, less depressed, and I felt I could concentrate much better. I definitely recommend this medication!"

D Newberry RVT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I started on 20mg Adderall XR 1 month ago. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 13. I was first medicated on Ritalin and I went off of it because it made me very uneasy on the insides. I managed to get through school with all applied courses because a gold fish had a higher attention span then me. If I could turn back time I would have chosen the Adderall path. Just a few side effects that really weren't to bad, I lost a lot of weight because it suppressed my appetite, it was all weight that I could afford to lose and I feel better about myself, I do however have to make a list of tasks before I begin my day or I just get super hyper focused on one thing for to long. I grind my teeth and I have to take sleep-aids but it's worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2013

For ADHD "Started off with Concerta in May 2012 it was not effective at all, switched over to Adderall XR 10mg in July 2012 for seven days as a starter dose, then started Adderall XR 20mg, I noticed a considerable difference between the two medicines instantly. I am able to focus for a very long period of time without being distracted, my grades improved exceptionally, I went from receiving grades below 55% now my lowest grade is 83%. The benefits of this medicine do outweigh the side effects for me, I noticed 20 minutes after taking Adderall, I have increased bowel movements, lower libido and decreased appetite. I stop taking Adderall during breaks and long weekends, the first day not on it, I am extremely tired, exercising and eating healthy helps."

JT07 May 25, 2013

For ADHD "I have been taking Adderall now for about a month. So far so good, it's helped me focus a lot. I felt good before in regard to mood, now I feel even better. I'm concerned it may cause libido issues when I have been on it longer. "

Levi9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Narcolepsy "I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy 15 years ago, I have been on every formulation of Ritilan there is, but Adderall XR works the best for me."

grizley April 26, 2013

For ADHD "I've been taking Adderall since my sophomore year of high school and I'm about half way through college now. When I first started taking it I went from D's and F's to straight A's. I loved everything. I wanted to learn everything. I also lost about twenty pounds just from loss of appetite. But now that I've been on it for a few years when I don't take it the withdrawals hit so hard. I can't even remember what the real person I was before I started taking it. My appetite sky rockets and I don't want to do anything but sit around all day. No motivation. I love being on it and being so productive but sometimes I get so overly focused I get really irritable with people around me. "

Kelbel926364 April 24, 2013

For ADHD "The best! No nighttime anxiety like on Concerta ,feel stable and able to think and be organized a good 10-12 hours . Also acts as an anti anxiety and anti depressant for me."

DrBunny March 15, 2013

For ADHD "I'm able to tackle life and with a good mood."

adds November 15, 2012

For ADHD "My focus and energy increased immensely. I did a 4 to 6 page research final paper in 3 days. I finally can focus on tasks and not spend hours and hours on one task because I dosed off and daydream. I also did a 13 page AP English within 9 days. I'm glad I decided to take Adderall XR at the end of high school and now I will be taking it while I'm in college. Is it a cognitive enhancer which is said a lot ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't make you smarter, it doesn't improve your thinking, and it doesn't improve your memory. It just do what its suppose to do and helps you focus. The bad thing is that it is hard to sleep."

NBA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

For ADHD "Amazing."

nopelol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2012

For ADHD "I am 22 years old and never was a bad student throughout school but was always very unfocused when it came to reading comprehension and listening to lectures. I now work for a general physician and she seemed to notice my frustration with not being able to get anything done when there was a lot to do. I would get very aggravated easily and had very bad mood swings. My doctor prescribed me Adderral XR and I waS very hesitant to take it. When I started taking it I felt like I was much calmer, was able to do my job. It's really great me and my husband get along now because I'm not so uptight. It does give me dry mouth and insomnia but I can deal with the no appetite. Overall I think it is great!"

Smiley - Reece cup (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2012

For ADHD "Adderall XR works wonders. I can finally get my scattered brain to focus on one thing at a time. The downside is that it doesn't work as long as advertised. I am lucky if it lasts 6 hours, and I work for 8. Once I get home, I feel like I'm having a major caffeine crash. I've heard that once you adjust to the medication, you stop crashing so hard. I've only been on it for one month. "

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

"It took a while to find the right problems then the right medicines, then the right dosage but once we did even my husband could tell the difference and I could too. It was an immediate difference, the next day with the Clonazepam I felt an instant calmness and togetherness that I had not felt before. I take 40mg (2 x 20mg XR) in the morning with Clonazepam 1 - 1 mg tab because I have panic attacks and anxiety sometimes. Then 2 -1 mg Clonazepam at night which relaxes me and I am able to not have nightmares and can sleep. Without the medicines including the Lexapro 20mg I have terrible depression, nightmares, cannot concentrate, the post traumatic stress disorder takes over and the hypervigilence is awful. The drugs have made such a positive difference and my husband agrees."

PWinega March 30, 2012

For ADHD "I am a 36 year old African American female graduate student who is currently applying to med school, while working full-time in a hospital pharmacy. I had been on Effexor 150mg daily for several years for depression. Last March (2011), I was diagnosed with ADHD by a LCSW with 30 years of experience in the field. Initially, I was on Concerta 36mg, but switched to the less expensive Adderall XR 20mg daily. I find that my concentration is much better, but I have lost 30 lbs. & have a decreased libido. After taking Adderall XR 20mg for only 3 months, I saw significant improvements in my MCAT score (8th MCAT attempt)! This year, I am will definitely obtain a competitive score & finally secure my spot in med school. THANKS ADDERALL XR!"

FUTURE MD February 14, 2012

For ADHD "It helps with everyday activities and I stay attentive and more focused."

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For ADHD "Definitely makes me focus and achieve all things; through home and work. No more daydreaming! 30Mg XR."

gemzy January 17, 2012

For ADHD "Been on Adderall XR for a week and I can tell a huge difference in my daily life. I was prescribed 20mg once a day. I am 35 years old and I believe I have always suffered from untreated ADHD. My only complaint is with no insurance it is a fairly expensive medication but so far well worth the cost."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

For ADHD "I've been on Adderall since I was in high school, so about 5 years. It works well for my concentration and allows me to focus for an extended period of time, such as when studying. This medicine has definitely helped me but it has a lot of side effects. For me, loss of appetite, euphoria, and dry mouth is the most common. Headaches are frequent, but nothing Ibuprofen can't fix. I've been on/off antidepressants that affected the Adderall. When I was on Lexapro, taking Adderall would make me irritable, anxious, and paranoid. Sometimes to a full blown panic attack. Now I'm on Prozac and the Adderall combination is fine. But I still get anxious and mildly irritable when the "high" of the Adderall decreases."

Anonymous October 28, 2011