User Reviews for Adderall XR

Learn more about Adderall XR.

Narcolepsy 6 reviews 15 medications

ADHD 111 reviews 31 medications

8.6
Summary of Adderall XR reviews 117 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Adderall XR

For ADHD "I have always known I was intelligent and a doer, but I could never finish a project or class work without starting another(2-3 really!) projects. Therefore I would always get depressed and feel worthless, I couldn't handle small talk and had extreme anxiety when I had to go to church because I couldn't sit still for more than 20-30 min without wanting to burst. My mom always found ways to teach me to calm myself down in different situations but she didn't understand how bad it was. She also didn't believe in medicating her children. I wish I could describe what my first 5 employers said about me when I left their companies. I will just say this, Adderall XR 20mg once in the morning has seriously made the difference in my life."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Narcolepsy "I always been tired a lot (chronic fatigue), but symptoms worsen after my son had a near death auto accident, he was only 4. I took antidepressants for 8 years. It worsened my Chronic Fatigue. I was a mess, everything was falling apart around me. I did research on Adderall and talked to my Doctor. I take 40mg a day, I can't explain how much better I feel. I have control of my life again. I have energy to care for my family for the first time in years. Side effect is irritable at night, insomnia but the longer you are on it and the earliest you take it doesn't cause too much problems sleeping."

Mitzy69 September 11, 2011

For ADHD "I'm 18 years old. I have been on Adderall for about 3 years and it is amazing. I'm ADHD. I have tried Vyvance which did nothing for me. I have also tried Ritalin which caused a complete mood change. I had very depressing thoughts and a overall bad mood. The littlest things would set me off. I thought I was going to kill. Adderall is what I found right for me. "

Anonymous September 11, 2011

For ADHD "My 10 year old son has taken Adderall XR for about 3 years now. This medication is amazing! Twenty years ago my oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD and I refused to medicate him because all of the children I knew that were medicated were "zombies". This time when I had a child with ADHD I decided it was not fair to not medicate him and am so glad I did. With Adderall, he is alert and well behaved (for the most part). He says he can focus instead of daydreaming all the time. Insomnia and loss of appetite are the only problematic side effects we have, but have been easily remedied with Pediasure and melatonin. I take him off medicines two weekends per month to be sure he's not getting dependent and he goes right back to his normal ADHD self."

blinki218 September 6, 2011

For ADHD "Helps calm me down a lot."

amanda3368 August 19, 2011

For ADHD "I am 43 years old, dropped out of high school, had many bad relationships, many bad decisions, and could never finish 1 thing when I started it, could never be organized, could never remember things when first told, always lost things or misplaced them, tripped over my own feet, and was never good at keeping appointments, I would forget about them. I have been on Adderall for 4 years, had my ups and downs with it, have had to change the dose some, go off of it on my days off, because it got to where it wasn't working as well, and if I medicated myself, I took to much, or not enough. I do notice a BIG difference in the generic, even though they say its the same. Adderall XR has worked wonders for me, and has changed my life."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For ADHD "Alright, if you're here, you probably already know most of this, but I'll say it anyway... This drug is f'ing amazing. I was a medical student before I accepted the fact that I had some serious issues with inattention. Some doctors/psychologists/etc. will try to tell you that you don't have ADD because you didn't beat kids up in class in elementary school, or because you managed to achieve some academic success, but let me tell you.. it's real son! I made it through med school with minimal use, but my surgical residency became a disaster quick. Please believe me when I tell you that this med single handedly saved my career as a surgeon. If you have any doubts, it's worth your while to look into adderall."

luvmesomeadderall March 7, 2011

For ADHD "On my 4th day of Adderall XR! I just bumped up to 20mg today, and let me tell you, best ADHD drug I have ever taken! One, I feel happy and content. Two, I am a ton more focused! And three, I can sit on my couch and just chill or go out and play basketball with my friends or basically do whatever, my motivation is amazing! I tried Focalin XR, Concerta, Strattera worked for a year, then just stopped working. But I asked my doctor to let me try this medicine, and that is the best choice I have ever made. No insomnia but be ready for a loss of appetite. I lost 8lbs. in the 4 days I've been taking this. As long as it keeps working as it is, I can see me being on this for a long time."

circahasfallen February 27, 2011

For ADHD "I am a 57 year old male who struggled through five years of college and finally gave up without getting a degree. At home I would start projects and never finish them. In my early forties, I finally earned a BS degree out of sheer determination. My wife, who is a psychologist, gave me an IQ test and found that my IQ is rather high. I started asking myself, "Why have I been an under-achiever for most of my life?" My wife suggested that I might have ADD. I started taking Adderall XR 20mg about 6 years ago which changed my life for the better. I am now able to finish things that I start. Plus, I don't procrastinate nearly as much. I now read entire books, newspaper articles, etc., without quitting part way through."

3rdGen February 10, 2011

For ADHD "I have been on Adderall for several years now and can't say enough good things about the medicine. It helps me to focus on tasks and now that I am in college, it has really helped with my studies. It took me a while to come to the realization that I needed something to help with my ADD and I am glad I was prescribed Adderall. The side effects for me have been loss of appetite. I would have insomnia but I take anti-anxiety medicine before going to bed, to counter-act the medication. My short and unscientific philosophy on Adderall is that it bridges the gap between wanting to do something and actually doing something."

Anonymous January 12, 2011

For ADHD "Since I started taking 15mg of Adderall XR about 2 weeks ago I feel like it's changing my life for the better. I can't say it is having a huge impact on me but I can definitely notice a difference when I'm on it as opposed to when I'm not. My concentration has definitely improved. I can stay on the same thought pattern a lot easier and also follow through with the task at hand. I feel more aggressive towards events that happen it definitely gives me a different outlook.The only symptoms that I am getting with Adderall XR is a loss of appetite. It's really strange how I went from having a huge appetite to just not even thinking about eating or making it a priority. I don't like it but it saves me a bit of money."

Anonymous January 8, 2011

For ADHD "This medication has totally changed my like for the better 100%. My life before Adderall was a huge mess and full of incomplete tasks and lots of trouble with work. Now my life is finally together and on track and almost everything I start also gets finished and pretty much right away. My daughter also is on this medication and she went from a D and F average in school to the A,B honor roll and doesn't have any more problems in school. This medicine was a life savior for the both of us... MOTHER AND DAUGHTER!"

Candice M Spain December 20, 2010

For ADHD "Helps greatly."

Anonymous December 10, 2010

For ADHD "I have been taking this for 2 days. It is great, I have been losing my appetite but have been eating when I get home. Other then that it is great."

jreal December 9, 2010

For ADHD "I find that with Adderall XR everything has improved. I am diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, Bipolar mixed cycling, and anxiety {GAD}. Before I would stay in bed for three weeks straight because I had no energy. With Adderall XR I am able to function. Recently I have lost my pill bottle (a real downside to being adhd - you loose things), and I am not looking forward to sitting through more classes without it. I think I've finally found the right dose - 30 MG once a day in the morning seems to work for me. I just cannot have any type of eggs. I notice, however, that this makes me feel a million times better. I've noticed a little weight loss but not much."

Jessica Elizabeth Nicole Haddax November 20, 2010

For ADHD "I began taking this before I began any other medication. It made me more anxious and nervous. It also seemed to increase my OCD (the "pure O" form) by making me more prone to think about my OCD. It did help me to focus on occasions, but it also made me focus on my anxieties and obsessions as well. My therapist told me that stimulants like this one and Concerta are not good for people with anxiety disorders (almost all of them), unless they have anxiety because they cannot focus and accomplish necessary tasks. I recommend talking to a counselor or Psychologist/psychiatrist before being prescribed stimulants for ADHD."

sjmoore4 November 7, 2010

For ADHD "I have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for about 7 months now and I am starting to get concerned. I started out with 20mg, but was still very impulsive, so upped the dose to 30mg. I can focus and listen really well, but I am noticing increasing negative effects. I noticed dizziness right away, but this improved after a few weeks. Then I started to notice myself constantly stumbling over words when talking. I have NEVER had that problem before. I began to get headaches every day about two months ago and it is getting worse daily. That's a big concern to me because amphetamines are bad for the liver and kidneys as it is, and now I HAVE to take increasing doses of ibuprofen just to "take the edge off" of the headaches. "

Anonymous September 30, 2010

For ADHD "This medicine is not to be taken lightly. It helps very much. "

Anonymous September 27, 2010

For ADHD "Adderall XR has changed my LIFE! For years, I have struggled with depression and anixety, no motivation, mood swings and couldn't focus on any task. I was diagnosed with ADD/Bi-polar when I was 19-20ish (26now and mom of 1). I have struggled through so many years not knowing after several doctors and tons of medicines or medication combinations I was put on Vyvanse from 30-50mg over a period of 2 years. It worked well for me. In the beginning I had dry mouth, palpitations. My coverage stopped paying for it. Doctor tried me on Strattera and Concerta (not together). After several months I was just still always sick, with stomach cramps, headaches, etc. About 3 years now I've been on Adderall XR 30mg and I still have dry mouth and loss of appetite. Other than that, it has helped me to be a "normal" person and loving, motivated mother."

sw33ty August 11, 2010

For ADHD "I'm 57 years old. Both my sons were diagnosed with ADHD. I went out with a guy with ADHD and the symptoms he described were just like mine. My doctor was hesitant about prescribing it to someone my age. I went home and got it filled and about 45 minutes later I was amazed. I was talking, being sociable, and enjoying the people I had known for years and barely talked to. I have never felt some calm. I thought, "wow, is this what normal people feel like?" I'm much more focused and productive even though I've always been successful and done well in school. I tried the regular Adderall and it didn't help at all. I'm only taking 10mg and it's working great!"

Anonymous August 11, 2010

For ADHD "I hate the loss of appetite, other than that, nothing but good things."

DADdy47 July 31, 2010

For ADHD "I'm 18 and have been taking Adderall XR 30mg for 10 years now. When I take it, I can focus on school work and my job and actually succeed. I like being able to do well in school and work but lately the side effects have seemed to intensify like crazy. I'd always experienced the loss of appetite but now the sweating, anxiety and depression are all starting to wreck havoc on my life. I'm not sociable at all when I'm on this medication. I feel like I'm more of a robot. And if I get distracted for a second and start something else, I will focus on that instead of getting my work done. I've tried other medications in the past but none do the job like Adderall. "

Anonymous April 27, 2010

For ADHD "I'm in high school, and just got prescribed to 30mg Adderall XR. When you take it, it starts to work in 30-45 minutes. You are supposed to be able to feel the effects for around 10 hours I believe, and I only feel them for 6 or 7. I feel the full effect for 3 or 4 hours and then they gradually weaken. I told my doctor that I get bored listening to the teacher talk for an hour straight, and get distracted very easily. I thought that the Adderall was going to make me pay attention and not get distracted, but the only thing I have noticed so far is that it makes me very neat with everything (which comes in handy at times). However, it seems like whenever I take it I'm in a good mood. Overall I like it."

Fwghacker March 24, 2010

For ADHD "It was a year ago I was put on Adderall XR. The difference it has made in my life can not even be explained with words. At 36 yrs of age I went to my family doctor and got real honest. It was a humbling experience. I have suffered with drug addiction, depression and major depression for many years. Being called and labeled so many things since I was 15. I really was not sold on my doctor saying I was a clear cut case of ADHD. Of course I saw three different doctors in about three months and tried three different meds before my doctor put me on Adderall. After being on it for a year. I have got involved in a ministry, moved across the country and am starting a new business in Texas. My wife of 14 years can't believe the difference."

Bigdaddyflo March 18, 2010

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Adderall XR is a helpful drug. I have taken it and Adderall before the XR form for 11 years. This drug has helped me with severe depression also. I am 28 years old and being treated for "adult ADHD" and depression."

Anonymous March 11, 2010