Can you take beer & wine with antibiotics. (amoxicillin)?

Yes, you can drink alcohol while taking the antibiotic amoxicillin. The alcohol will not stop amoxicillin from working. Moderation is key.

However, many health professionals will recommend you avoid alcohol to give your body the best chance possible to fight the infection.

There are certain antibiotics where alcohol must be avoided such as Metronidazole, Tinidazole and Bactrim because the combination may result in a severe reaction. Drinking any amount of alcohol with these medications can result in side effects such as flushing, headache, nausea and vomiting, and rapid heart rate.

There are no such side effects issues when alcohol is taken with amoxicillin.

http://www.drugs.com/article/antibiotics-and-alcohol.html