User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 0 reviews 32 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spleen Removal 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 85 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Dental Abscess: "A little diarrhea is quite tolerable when the alternative is having an incredibly painful infection growing inches away from your brain."

Boondock (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I had tonsillitis And was prescribed amoxicillin worked almost immediately After I took the first 5 doses throat was cleared up after 2-3 days"

tyty3194tyty1999 July 28, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Started to have severe vomiting & diarreah after just one pill. Spent the day in bed. Tired another pill the next day, same thing could not eat or drink without throwing up or having to use the bathroom. Stopped taking pills immediately after this. Will try and get better on my own. Lost 5 lbs in 2 days, which I did not need to lose."

veryverysick (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bladder Infection: "I had to stop taking this (amoxicillin liquid) after it made my throat swell up and affected my breathing. I strongly believe that it was the yellow colouring in the medication which caused this rather than the drug itself as I have had allergic reactions to Tartrazine on several occasions and I now read labels thoroughly. I wish medications could be prescribed that do not have added colourings as a large number of people, like me, are allergic to several azo dyes."

Peggy P July 4, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Initially, my Dr. told me that most bronchitis is caused by virus. He send me home and said I need rest and lots of liquids. But the pains and cough got 100 x times within 12 hours. Husband drove me to ER; they gave my Amoxicillin, and I feel so much better already..,.!!"

Acute Bronchitis got worse quickly (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Having pain in your bladder ,a lil bit of blood in the urine. Amoxicillin work's really good on it. This is the only med that I trust when it comes to U.T.I ;)"

audrianah May 20, 2015

For Otitis Media: "Amoxicillin is the drug of choice by my doctor/dentist from tooth infection to bronchitis. It always works for me with no problems or side effect. Except for the last two times I was on this med I notice I've been having headache and I feel really tired and feels like I have the flu, my throat is sore and itchy and I want to keep coughing and my back feels cold inside. I know now for sure it's the amoxicillin and will inform my Dr. My ear pain is disappearing so its fighting off my ear infection and my hearing is back to normal. But I will definitely finish this round even with the side effect im feeling, because not being able to hear properly had freak me out and is a scarier prospect"

Penel0pe (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "My chest infection started feeling better after 3 days, with no problems! Did get a bit of an upset stomach though."

Molly Jones (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been prescribed amoxicillin many times for many different infections. Most recently, for strep throat. I'm on day 2 of my 10-day treatment, and I've never had a problem with side effects other than a little drowsiness. Works like a charm any time I have strep, an ear infection, or UTI. Just wish I could still get it in liquid form as an adult!!"

Bridgetina (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Bronchitis: "After four days of taking this, Diarrhea was so bad I had to stop taking it."

SickinSavannah January 15, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I take amoxicillin everytime I have a sinus infection. It clears it up unbelievably fast. I usually start feeling a little better within a couple of hours. I also never get a vaginal yeast infection that a lot of antibiotics can cause. No other weird side effects for me, other than it might change your bowel pattern a little. No diarrhea though."

jeanniebug December 29, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Works great! Pain goes away in less than 24 hours and I feel myself again! Very recommended medication to treat urinary tract infections!"

uti first timer (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I use amoxicilian for all infections. It works fast with no side effects on me. The only antibiotic I ask for."

bone grisham August 21, 2014

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Very effective, made me feel like normal again after weeks of being in pain due to my urinary tract infection. However, after being on amoxicillin for nearly 5 days, I had severe diarrhea and stopped taking it due to the fact I was constantly sitting on the loo! However, this was a highly effective medicine for me, much better than trimethoprim."

yasghahremani (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed amoxil after a nasty bacterial infection in my tonsils. I had tried the z-pak in the past, but it gave me bad side effects so we switched to the amoxicillin. It started working within 24 hours for me. I had experienced slight diarrhea in the past with this antibiotic, but my doctor gave me Align Probiotic Supplements to replace the good bacteria that antibiotics tend to destroy along with the bad bacteria, which is what causes the gut problems. Worked amazing! No diarrhea! The amoxicillin does make me feel a bit sleepy..I napped a lot the first few days. Also, the 10 day dosage is a lot to remember but hey..it worked great and I am much better now."

Sunshinesmb (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2014

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Dental Abscess: "Seeks to be working well, had 3 teeth extracted, and my dentist prescribed this medication due to the slight swelling prior to the extraction, which has gone done down considerably, along with the major pain and pressure that accompanied it before."

AJ "The Hawaiian" (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have been on amoxicillin for a long time. Twice when I tried to quit it, exactly on the 10th day of being off it, I ended up with a bad urinary tract infection. So amoxicillin was very effective in holding off urinary tract infections for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "Given to me by my dentist Gave me relief fast No problems with it so far Been on them for 4 days"

Pudgie January 26, 2014

For Dental Abscess: "Took three days to help with discomfort. Experiencing no side effects, other than chills/fever, which I suspect is from the infection."

Lastattemptatnickname December 14, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've suffered frequent UTIs and am usually prescribed amoxicillin, which for me works amazingly well. If I catch it early I find the ache in my bladder, small amount of blood in the urine and the urgency to pee goes away enough to be comfortable within 6 hours, and I feel 100% normal again in 24-48 hours. Does the trick each time."

summersoul November 2, 2013

287 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "This medication works amazingly for ear infections. I have had more ear infections than I can count in my life both as a child and an adult. I have had ruptured ear drums, double ear infections, tubes, and surgery to repair my ear drums. This medication has always relieved symptoms. For mild to moderate infections it starts relieving pain in 12-48 hours (but finish the whole prescription or it will return) and for severe or ruptured ear drums it can take up to 5 days but hey it does the trick. Just take ibuprofen around the clock too as it will speed up the process due to anti-inflammatory properties. I get nausea with this medicine but only when I haven't eaten or am very overtired & always get yeast infection. Dr. can prescribe medicine in advance for this."

JJEC (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2013

For Dental Abscess: "It was a very helpful medication to relieve my symptoms of my dental abscess. However, I'm experiencing some swelling of my upper lip which I'm brushing aside given that the abscess is right under there. No other side effects were noticed. The abscess seems to be going away a bit, still swollen but only on my 3rd dose out of 15. It's working nicely and yet again very useful medicine."

Very Useful Drug (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2013

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Works almost instantly, and a while even after you used it all up"

Anonymous September 2, 2013

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bacterial Infection: "Had my wisdom tooth pulled and I'm hard headed and hate all medications and ended up with a sinus infection and it was painful. Finally took my prescribed medication of Amoxil and I felt it working 17hrs later. First time I finished all of my medication."

pebblesz (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

For Otitis Media: "I was diagnosed with inner ear infection 5 days ago and prescribed amoxicillin 500mg three times a day. I'm a nurse and don't go to the doctor but the pain was unbearable. Within 24 hrs of taking this, I no longer needed pain medicines, but still had a dull pain. Within 48 hrs the pain was gone. This antibiotic worked great for me."

shaleia (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2013