User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 2 reviews 61 medications

Sinusitis 10 reviews 247 medications

6.5
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 110 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Bacterial Infection: "Got terrible reaction with redness and itching all over my body. Horrible itching despite caladryl, changing to Z-pak, etc. BE VERY CAREFUL AND RE TESTED FOR REACTION TO PENICILLIN-like DRUGS BEFORE ANY INTERVENTION."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I have never been allergic to amoxicillin (500mg) but I received it last week after a dentist visit to take 3 times daily for 7 days. I originally thought nothing of the symptoms until yesterday when it hurt really bad to urinate. But last night it seemed to go away but today the pain is back. I looked up the symptoms today and yes I had diaherra and itching last week (didn't know why) until now. Also tired, itchy and still hurting when I urinate. I stopped taking the medicine because the pain is so bad. I will talk to my dentist when I go back this week but I have never had issues with Amoxicillin. Something must have changed."

lady di 2010 May 4, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I got my wisdom teeth pulled two months ago and got put on antibiotics, had no problem with it at all. Now, two months later, I'm on amoxicillin because I need a root canal treatment and I keep feeling a lump in my throat and pains in the front of my neck down to my collarbone. Sometimes my ears will hurt or my eyes will hurt, or I'll feel like I have a headache. I've never been allergic to medications before, but I've been taking this for two days now and feel awful. I go in for my RCT tomorrow and will have to ask my endodontist about this, but I'm almost sure that it's the amoxicillin causing this. I just wish I wasn't in pain anymore."

not feelin it May 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "After 7 days on amoxicillen and worsening pain in maxillary sinus, went to ER. Was given choice of 10 days augmentin or zpak. Chose zpak. 5 days, I've already been sick 4 weeks. Wanted faster relief."

675ttt April 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Took this for a week for chest infection and when I stopped with in days I had was peeing large amounts of blood...now on another antibiotic for a bladder infection. I don't understand how I got a bladder infection after being on this antibiotic...cleared chest up but nothing for bladder."

ruby0922 March 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "So. Amoxicillin works fantastic for a UTI BUT I'd never ever take it w/out a probiotic. I get a bottle of acidophilus (maybe a few billion cultures) at a big box store for under $6. Reason being is antibiotics kill bacteria both good and bad. My daughter gets thrush and Ive NEVER had a yeast infection until on amoxicillin for over 3 days. These Are side effects of good bacteria being killed off. My dr advised me on this & ive never had any more side effects!"

Yo momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Im 17 years old and have been using Amoxicillin for the last month to keep my abscess tooth Infection down... i have never had to drain my tooth at all... It works great with no side effects for me... I did get a little bit of diarrhea but not much at all... No pain anywhere... NOW you do you need to know that everyone's body will react Differently to Amoxicillin So please don't go by what the reviews say... Test it out for your self..."

C7734 March 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've suffered from folliculitis for over 20 years. Pus filled pimples came out on my head and lower neck. The specialist dermatologist here in California prescribed a variety of medications that only would removed them temporarily, and they would returned every time with more pus. Amoxicillin 500 mg. Capsule cured me permanently 80-90% of my decease. I'm currently on my last treatment of 1pill 3 times a day to cure the remaining."

Gustavo A. (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Made me anxious, confused, severe fatigued and unable to focus. Also gave me headache and stomach pain in the first three days."

Adrian123 February 27, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Ah 2nd day on 500mg of amoxicillin 3 times a day. HURRY UP AND START WORKING. In severe pain from 2 infected teeth tried everything else for the pain the only thing that gives me 5 min of relief is sensodyne rapid relief toothpaste used 2 bottles in 5 days."

Girl-in-pain (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I started taking Amoxicillin on Friday evening for bronchitis and saw major improvements by that Sunday. I noticed that following Wednesday I started having some diarrhea, and now today, I am having major diarrhea that caused me to miss work. I am taking the Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. I will complete the regimen but hoping the diarrhea goes away soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: "Every time I'm prescribed Amoxil I have yeast infections for a week or so. Diflucan is also a given."

Mac00 January 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. No more pain, urgency, and frequency incontinence no more blood in my urine. And THAT is exactly what I wanted. I am back to my sassy self."

GJG39 January 13, 2016

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Stopped the buring sensation that comes with UTI when urinating. Unfortunately, this did not cure my UTI at all. Got really horrible side effects too."

Krisu112 January 12, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "My daughter was given this by her pediatrician for strep and tonsillitis. It's day three and she still coughs at night and the marbling on her tonsils are still not gone or the swelling. Most of the redness is gone but the bumps in back of throat are still there too."

Sarahrichardsonmohaveaz December 31, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Pneumonia: "I have bacterial pneumonia with 2 spots on my lungs after the flu. Not much nasal involvement. Bad headache, body ache, fever and chills. Deep dry cough. Started Levaguin by IV at the ER but within an hour I got hives on mouth and neck and slightly itchy all over, then 3 bouts of projectile vomiting. Then tried Clavimycin but developed hives after 2 days. Both meds helped me feel better and headache & fever went away. Now on amoxicillin-clav 875, twice a day. Symptoms are very slowly improving. Only a bit of loose stool. Probiotics and bland diet help."

TexasSickie December 11, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "Took this for a tooth abcess. Tooth ache went away but was replaced by other pains. Feels like every muscle on my body is sore especially the legs and lower back. Throwing up and also have diarrhea. Massive headache. The body ache is so bad I laid in bed crying, and I have a pretty high threshold for pain usually. I cannot seem to get out of bed and cannot find a comfortable position for my legs and back. Also just started having a fever of 99.4 degrees. I took this about 7 to 8 hours ago, not sure if I'd rather have the toothache or these side effects that's how bad this is. I've taken amoxicillin in the past and did not have any of these problems, not sure what changed. (or maybe this is my body reaction to the abscess ?)"

Kc2025 November 29, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "good"

tyroone (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had been having abdominal and pelvic pain for over three weeks thinking that it was menstrual related. Once my cycle was over I noticed that there was blood in my urine and immediately knew that it was a urinary tract and or bladder infection. I got a prescription for amoxicillin and within an hour of taking the first dose which was two pills my pain had subsided from an 8 to a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Several hours later I was immediately feeling back to myself and ready to get out and start living again. The pain of the bladder infection or urinary tract infection had literally kept me in the house with a heating pad on for three weeks almost a month. Make sure that you do take the full Rx for the infection or it could come back."

lisamarieb October 12, 2015

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I had tooth ache for days, no sleep and was taking pain medication. Within only one hour of taking amoxicilin 500 mg it was feeling better and the pain went away in two hours and has not returned. The tooth has hole down to the root but at least now I can sleep till it gets pulled"

greatful (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Had to take this 3 times a day for 21 days. Only used it for 3 days. Had side effects.. Stomach upset, intestinal upset, headache and felt anxious.. I've used it before years ago with no problems but this times it's a no go.. I guess our systems change as the years go on.."

Dreamspirit (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am a patient with a cold and cough. Whenever I am exposed to cold for more time without proper covering my body, I get cold and coughing. I immediately start bronchitis effect. I start coughing. I feel very nervous and feeling very sick. No mood for doing any activity. Feel tired and body ache. This situation remains for very long time if I don%u2019t take medicine and ultimately it goes away quickly if I start antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the most effective drug for my bronchitis. It starts effect from the very 1st pill. I feel very comfortable after the prescribed dose is finished. I take MOXIKIND-CV 625 in India. It does not have any side effect to me. I wonder why Indian doctors treat me with the drug contains Cefixime, whenever I suffer from bronchitis. It is never effective at all and ultimately I need to take Amoxicillin and immediately I get relief from my painful bronchitis. Thanks to Amoxicillin."

Pramukh (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "No complaints. Given before root canal procedure next week. No side effects. Very common antibiotic."

Kay333 September 1, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was treat in an Urgent Care Center for an infection. I am rather sensitive to antibiotics and so warned the nurse treating me. She prescribed the drug (875 mg, 2X daily). I took the first pill with a meal about 6PM. I awoke at 2AM with tremendous abdominal pain and diarrhea. I called 911 and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. I was there for 5 days while they treated me mainly for dehydration. I was near death."

Paul C. August 30, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "I've been taking amoxicillin for my wisdom teeth removal for five days now, I was only taking two a day, (mainly because I wake up late), so I have some left over, I'm very tempted to not take the rest as its caused me severeE cramps in my abdomen that come in go within seconds of eachother, it's also made me constipated. I've been constipated for four days now with the cramps still continuing, wouldn't recommend this pain to anyone."

Hate August 11, 2015