User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 2 reviews 60 medications

Sinusitis 9 reviews 234 medications

6.8
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 100 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Amoxicillin

For Dental Abscess: "Ah 2nd day on 500mg of amoxicillin 3 times a day. HURRY UP AND START WORKING. In severe pain from 2 infected teeth tried everything else for the pain the only thing that gives me 5 min of relief is sensodyne rapid relief toothpaste used 2 bottles in 5 days."

Girl-in-pain (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Bronchitis: "I started taking Amoxicillin on Friday evening for bronchitis and saw major improvements by that Sunday. I noticed that following Wednesday I started having some diarrhea, and now today, I am having major diarrhea that caused me to miss work. I am taking the Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. I will complete the regimen but hoping the diarrhea goes away soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Sinusitis: "Every time I'm prescribed Amoxil I have yeast infections for a week or so. Diflucan is also a given."

Mac00 January 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. No more pain, urgency, and frequency incontinence no more blood in my urine. And THAT is exactly what I wanted. I am back to my sassy self."

GJG39 January 13, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "My daughter was given this by her pediatrician for strep and tonsillitis. It's day three and she still coughs at night and the marbling on her tonsils are still not gone or the swelling. Most of the redness is gone but the bumps in back of throat are still there too."

Sarahrichardsonmohaveaz December 31, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Pneumonia: "I have bacterial pneumonia with 2 spots on my lungs after the flu. Not much nasal involvement. Bad headache, body ache, fever and chills. Deep dry cough. Started Levaguin by IV at the ER but within an hour I got hives on mouth and neck and slightly itchy all over, then 3 bouts of projectile vomiting. Then tried Clavimycin but developed hives after 2 days. Both meds helped me feel better and headache & fever went away. Now on amoxicillin-clav 875, twice a day. Symptoms are very slowly improving. Only a bit of loose stool. Probiotics and bland diet help."

TexasSickie December 11, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "Took this for a tooth abcess. Tooth ache went away but was replaced by other pains. Feels like every muscle on my body is sore especially the legs and lower back. Throwing up and also have diarrhea. Massive headache. The body ache is so bad I laid in bed crying, and I have a pretty high threshold for pain usually. I cannot seem to get out of bed and cannot find a comfortable position for my legs and back. Also just started having a fever of 99.4 degrees. I took this about 7 to 8 hours ago, not sure if I'd rather have the toothache or these side effects that's how bad this is. I've taken amoxicillin in the past and did not have any of these problems, not sure what changed. (or maybe this is my body reaction to the abscess ?)"

Kc2025 November 29, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "good"

tyroone (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had been having abdominal and pelvic pain for over three weeks thinking that it was menstrual related. Once my cycle was over I noticed that there was blood in my urine and immediately knew that it was a urinary tract and or bladder infection. I got a prescription for amoxicillin and within an hour of taking the first dose which was two pills my pain had subsided from an 8 to a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Several hours later I was immediately feeling back to myself and ready to get out and start living again. The pain of the bladder infection or urinary tract infection had literally kept me in the house with a heating pad on for three weeks almost a month. Make sure that you do take the full Rx for the infection or it could come back."

lisamarieb October 12, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I had tooth ache for days, no sleep and was taking pain medication. Within only one hour of taking amoxicilin 500 mg it was feeling better and the pain went away in two hours and has not returned. The tooth has hole down to the root but at least now I can sleep till it gets pulled"

greatful (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Had to take this 3 times a day for 21 days. Only used it for 3 days. Had side effects.. Stomach upset, intestinal upset, headache and felt anxious.. I've used it before years ago with no problems but this times it's a no go.. I guess our systems change as the years go on.."

Dreamspirit (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am a patient with a cold and cough. Whenever I am exposed to cold for more time without proper covering my body, I get cold and coughing. I immediately start bronchitis effect. I start coughing. I feel very nervous and feeling very sick. No mood for doing any activity. Feel tired and body ache. This situation remains for very long time if I don%u2019t take medicine and ultimately it goes away quickly if I start antibiotics. Amoxicillin is the most effective drug for my bronchitis. It starts effect from the very 1st pill. I feel very comfortable after the prescribed dose is finished. I take MOXIKIND-CV 625 in India. It does not have any side effect to me. I wonder why Indian doctors treat me with the drug contains Cefixime, whenever I suffer from bronchitis. It is never effective at all and ultimately I need to take Amoxicillin and immediately I get relief from my painful bronchitis. Thanks to Amoxicillin."

Pramukh (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "No complaints. Given before root canal procedure next week. No side effects. Very common antibiotic."

Kay333 September 1, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was treat in an Urgent Care Center for an infection. I am rather sensitive to antibiotics and so warned the nurse treating me. She prescribed the drug (875 mg, 2X daily). I took the first pill with a meal about 6PM. I awoke at 2AM with tremendous abdominal pain and diarrhea. I called 911 and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. I was there for 5 days while they treated me mainly for dehydration. I was near death."

Paul C. August 30, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "I've been taking amoxicillin for my wisdom teeth removal for five days now, I was only taking two a day, (mainly because I wake up late), so I have some left over, I'm very tempted to not take the rest as its caused me severeE cramps in my abdomen that come in go within seconds of eachother, it's also made me constipated. I've been constipated for four days now with the cramps still continuing, wouldn't recommend this pain to anyone."

Hate August 11, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "A little diarrhea is quite tolerable when the alternative is having an incredibly painful infection growing inches away from your brain."

Boondock (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I had tonsillitis And was prescribed amoxicillin worked almost immediately After I took the first 5 doses throat was cleared up after 2-3 days"

tyty3194tyty1999 July 28, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Started to have severe vomiting & diarreah after just one pill. Spent the day in bed. Tired another pill the next day, same thing could not eat or drink without throwing up or having to use the bathroom. Stopped taking pills immediately after this. Will try and get better on my own. Lost 5 lbs in 2 days, which I did not need to lose."

veryverysick (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bladder Infection: "I had to stop taking this (amoxicillin liquid) after it made my throat swell up and affected my breathing. I strongly believe that it was the yellow colouring in the medication which caused this rather than the drug itself as I have had allergic reactions to Tartrazine on several occasions and I now read labels thoroughly. I wish medications could be prescribed that do not have added colourings as a large number of people, like me, are allergic to several azo dyes."

Peggy P July 4, 2015

For Bronchitis: "Initially, my Dr. told me that most bronchitis is caused by virus. He send me home and said I need rest and lots of liquids. But the pains and cough got 100 x times within 12 hours. Husband drove me to ER; they gave my Amoxicillin, and I feel so much better already..,.!!"

Acute Bronchitis got worse quickly (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Having pain in your bladder ,a lil bit of blood in the urine. Amoxicillin work's really good on it. This is the only med that I trust when it comes to U.T.I ;)"

audrianah May 20, 2015

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "Amoxicillin is the drug of choice by my doctor/dentist from tooth infection to bronchitis. It always works for me with no problems or side effect. Except for the last two times I was on this med I notice I've been having headache and I feel really tired and feels like I have the flu, my throat is sore and itchy and I want to keep coughing and my back feels cold inside. I know now for sure it's the amoxicillin and will inform my Dr. My ear pain is disappearing so its fighting off my ear infection and my hearing is back to normal. But I will definitely finish this round even with the side effect im feeling, because not being able to hear properly had freak me out and is a scarier prospect"

Penel0pe (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Bronchitis: "My chest infection started feeling better after 3 days, with no problems! Did get a bit of an upset stomach though."

Molly Jones (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been prescribed amoxicillin many times for many different infections. Most recently, for strep throat. I'm on day 2 of my 10-day treatment, and I've never had a problem with side effects other than a little drowsiness. Works like a charm any time I have strep, an ear infection, or UTI. Just wish I could still get it in liquid form as an adult!!"

Bridgetina (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Bronchitis: "After four days of taking this, Diarrhea was so bad I had to stop taking it."

SickinSavannah January 15, 2015