User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 0 reviews 44 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spleen Removal 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 73 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Amoxicillin

Review by bone grisham:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I use amoxicilian for all infections. It works fast with no side effects on me. The only antibiotic I ask for.

August 21, 2014 7:27 AM

Review by yasghahremani (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Very effective, made me feel like normal again after weeks of being in pain due to my urinary tract infection. However, after being on amoxicillin for nearly 5 days, I had severe diarrhea and stopped taking it due to the fact I was constantly sitting on the loo! However, this was a highly effective medicine for me, much better than trimethoprim.

August 3, 2014 7:09 PM

Review by Sunshinesmb (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I was prescribed amoxil after a nasty bacterial infection in my tonsils. I had tried the z-pak in the past, but it gave me bad side effects so we switched to the amoxicillin. It started working within 24 hours for me. I had experienced slight diarrhea in the past with this antibiotic, but my doctor gave me Align Probiotic Supplements to replace the good bacteria that antibiotics tend to destroy along with the bad bacteria, which is what causes the gut problems. Worked amazing! No diarrhea! The amoxicillin does make me feel a bit sleepy..I napped a lot the first few days. Also, the 10 day dosage is a lot to remember but hey..it worked great and I am much better now.

May 19, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by AJ "The Hawaiian" (taken for less than 1 month):

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Dental Abscess: Seeks to be working well, had 3 teeth extracted, and my dentist prescribed this medication due to the slight swelling prior to the extraction, which has gone done down considerably, along with the major pain and pressure that accompanied it before.

March 15, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Have been on amoxicillin for a long time. Twice when I tried to quit it, exactly on the 10th day of being off it, I ended up with a bad urinary tract infection. So amoxicillin was very effective in holding off urinary tract infections for me.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 4:07 AM

Review by Pudgie:

For Dental Abscess: Given to me by my dentist Gave me relief fast No problems with it so far Been on them for 4 days

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Lastattemptatnickname:

For Dental Abscess: Took three days to help with discomfort. Experiencing no side effects, other than chills/fever, which I suspect is from the infection.

December 14, 2013 10:11 AM

Review by summersoul:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've suffered frequent UTIs and am usually prescribed amoxicillin, which for me works amazingly well. If I catch it early I find the ache in my bladder, small amount of blood in the urine and the urgency to pee goes away enough to be comfortable within 6 hours, and I feel 100% normal again in 24-48 hours. Does the trick each time.

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 5:02 PM

Review by JJEC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: This medication works amazingly for ear infections. I have had more ear infections than I can count in my life both as a child and an adult. I have had ruptured ear drums, double ear infections, tubes, and surgery to repair my ear drums. This medication has always relieved symptoms. For mild to moderate infections it starts relieving pain in 12-48 hours (but finish the whole prescription or it will return) and for severe or ruptured ear drums it can take up to 5 days but hey it does the trick. Just take ibuprofen around the clock too as it will speed up the process due to anti-inflammatory properties. I get nausea with this medicine but only when I haven't eaten or am very overtired & always get yeast infection. Dr. can prescribe medicine in advance for this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2013 1:43 AM

Review by Very Useful Drug (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dental Abscess: It was a very helpful medication to relieve my symptoms of my dental abscess. However, I'm experiencing some swelling of my upper lip which I'm brushing aside given that the abscess is right under there. No other side effects were noticed. The abscess seems to be going away a bit, still swollen but only on my 3rd dose out of 15. It's working nicely and yet again very useful medicine.

September 28, 2013 6:32 AM

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Works almost instantly, and a while even after you used it all up

September 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Review by pebblesz (taken for less than 1 month):

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bacterial Infection: Had my wisdom tooth pulled and I'm hard headed and hate all medications and ended up with a sinus infection and it was painful. Finally took my prescribed medication of Amoxil and I felt it working 17hrs later. First time I finished all of my medication.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 3:23 AM

Review by shaleia (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: I was diagnosed with inner ear infection 5 days ago and prescribed amoxicillin 500mg three times a day. I'm a nurse and don't go to the doctor but the pain was unbearable. Within 24 hrs of taking this, I no longer needed pain medicines, but still had a dull pain. Within 48 hrs the pain was gone. This antibiotic worked great for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2013 7:25 AM

Review by golfgeek (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I took a 500mg Amoxicillin (3x/day) course of 9 days to treat upper respiratory tract infection in 2012, and it worked well. The month long coughing with phlegm was gone.

June 3, 2013 1:50 AM

Review by fredswife (taken for less than 1 month):

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Works great with almost no side effects. Causes diarrhea in dosage of 1000 mg, but none at lesser dose. No yeast infection.

April 25, 2013 7:52 AM

Review by Okie John (taken for less than 1 month):

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Sufferd from heart burn and peptic ulcers every day and night for more than 30years. An older Doctor treated the root cause, not the symptom with amoxicillin & Carafate. I haven't used any antacids for more than 5 years now, and have been enjoying all the foods I like, whenever I like. Thank God for old Doctors.

February 26, 2013 4:46 PM

Review by AOS:

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Pneumonia: 10 to 15% improvement after second gel capsule

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2013 10:00 AM

Review by PhilHarris (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: Starts to work after the first dose. I have taken this for ear infections as well as sinus and chest infections and it is always very effective. Symptoms start to ease in around 12 hrs and are almost completely gone with 48 to 72 hrs. Always finish your entire prescription though to help avoid antibiotic resistant bacteria and to stop the infection from returning. Only downfall is that it can upset your stomach so always take it with food. Depending on your condition, you might need to use other medications or remedies along with amoxicillin to ease other symptoms. Some pharmacies offer this on their $4 prescription plans.

January 6, 2013 1:49 PM

Review by cherylhein (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Within 4 hours of taking my prescribed dosage, I had severe diarrhea and vomiting. I was miserable for the next 24 sleepless hours.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2012 11:09 AM

Review by Sapphireblue:

For Bronchitis: Severe bronchitis slowly subsiding after 30 hours. Side effect some bloating, stomach ache, after 4 doses amoxicillin.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2012 8:00 PM

Review by vijay4151 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: It causes side effects like headache, nausea.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2012 11:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For : I have used this website numerous times and found it to be very helpful. The description is exact and reassures me that I have the right prescription even though the manufacturer may have changed.

July 17, 2012 7:47 AM

For Otitis Media: Although the swelling in my ear has gone down greatly, I'm four days into treatment and still in pain and my ear will not drain even though I can feel the fluid. This medicine is making me feel VERY ill. Nauseous, dizzy, loopy and very anxious.

June 19, 2012 4:44 PM

For Bacterial Infection: No side effects at all and no infections either!

May 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bladder Infection: I started feeling better within a half of a day. This was good because I had been suffering for 6 days trying to get into the doctor. I feel much better now with no side effects. I had a terrible reaction in the past to Cipro so I was happy to try another medicine that worked better for me.

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 5:10 AM