User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 383 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"Took this for a week for chest infection and when I stopped with in days I had was peeing large amounts of blood...now on another antibiotic for a bladder infection. I don't understand how I got a bladder infection after being on this antibiotic...cleared chest up but nothing for bladder."

ruby0922 March 31, 2016

"So. Amoxicillin works fantastic for a UTI BUT I'd never ever take it w/out a probiotic. I get a bottle of acidophilus (maybe a few billion cultures) at a big box store for under $6. Reason being is antibiotics kill bacteria both good and bad. My daughter gets thrush and Ive NEVER had a yeast infection until on amoxicillin for over 3 days. These Are side effects of good bacteria being killed off. My dr advised me on this & ive never had any more side effects!"

Yo momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

"Amoxicillin 500mg 3x a day. No more pain, urgency, and frequency incontinence no more blood in my urine. And THAT is exactly what I wanted. I am back to my sassy self."

GJG39 January 13, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Stopped the buring sensation that comes with UTI when urinating. Unfortunately, this did not cure my UTI at all. Got really horrible side effects too."

Krisu112 January 12, 2016

"I had been having abdominal and pelvic pain for over three weeks thinking that it was menstrual related. Once my cycle was over I noticed that there was blood in my urine and immediately knew that it was a urinary tract and or bladder infection. I got a prescription for amoxicillin and within an hour of taking the first dose which was two pills my pain had subsided from an 8 to a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Several hours later I was immediately feeling back to myself and ready to get out and start living again. The pain of the bladder infection or urinary tract infection had literally kept me in the house with a heating pad on for three weeks almost a month. Make sure that you do take the full Rx for the infection or it could come back."

lisamarieb October 12, 2015

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Having pain in your bladder ,a lil bit of blood in the urine. Amoxicillin work's really good on it. This is the only med that I trust when it comes to U.T.I ;)"

audrianah May 20, 2015

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works great! Pain goes away in less than 24 hours and I feel myself again! Very recommended medication to treat urinary tract infections!"

uti first timer (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

282 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I use amoxicilian for all infections. It works fast with no side effects on me. The only antibiotic I ask for."

bone grisham August 21, 2014

206 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Very effective, made me feel like normal again after weeks of being in pain due to my urinary tract infection. However, after being on amoxicillin for nearly 5 days, I had severe diarrhea and stopped taking it due to the fact I was constantly sitting on the loo! However, this was a highly effective medicine for me, much better than trimethoprim."

yasghahremani (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have been on amoxicillin for a long time. Twice when I tried to quit it, exactly on the 10th day of being off it, I ended up with a bad urinary tract infection. So amoxicillin was very effective in holding off urinary tract infections for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2014

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've suffered frequent UTIs and am usually prescribed amoxicillin, which for me works amazingly well. If I catch it early I find the ache in my bladder, small amount of blood in the urine and the urgency to pee goes away enough to be comfortable within 6 hours, and I feel 100% normal again in 24-48 hours. Does the trick each time."

summersoul November 2, 2013

352 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "This worked wonders!"

Anonymous February 14, 2012

271 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Very quick and effective."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have always used amoxicillin it for my frequent urinary tract infection's. It works in 4 or 5 days, although I take it for a 10 day run. I take two 250mg caps twice a day. I have never had any problems. Works great, if your aren't allergic to any of the penicillin type drugs."

KISSY46 April 16, 2010

260 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate