User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by bone grisham:

I use amoxicilian for all infections. It works fast with no side effects on me. The only antibiotic I ask for.

August 21, 2014 7:27 AM

Review by yasghahremani (taken for less than 1 month):

Very effective, made me feel like normal again after weeks of being in pain due to my urinary tract infection. However, after being on amoxicillin for nearly 5 days, I had severe diarrhea and stopped taking it due to the fact I was constantly sitting on the loo! However, this was a highly effective medicine for me, much better than trimethoprim.

August 3, 2014 7:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Have been on amoxicillin for a long time. Twice when I tried to quit it, exactly on the 10th day of being off it, I ended up with a bad urinary tract infection. So amoxicillin was very effective in holding off urinary tract infections for me.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 4:07 AM

Review by summersoul:

I've suffered frequent UTIs and am usually prescribed amoxicillin, which for me works amazingly well. If I catch it early I find the ache in my bladder, small amount of blood in the urine and the urgency to pee goes away enough to be comfortable within 6 hours, and I feel 100% normal again in 24-48 hours. Does the trick each time.

181 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 5:02 PM

Amoxil (amoxicillin): This worked wonders!

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2012 3:39 PM

Very quick and effective.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2011 1:15 AM

Review by KISSY46:

I have always used amoxicillin it for my frequent urinary tract infection's. It works in 4 or 5 days, although I take it for a 10 day run. I take two 250mg caps twice a day. I have never had any problems. Works great, if your aren't allergic to any of the penicillin type drugs.

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2010 2:30 PM