User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 367 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Sinusitis

Amoxil (amoxicillin): I'd taken Amoxil before and had no reaction to it, but apparently you can develop an allergic reaction to this medicine. The doctor prescribed this along with a new allergy medicine so it took about three days before the allergy medicine couldn't fight off the reaction that I (up until that point) didn't realize I was having to Amoxil. It started with swollen spots in the back of my throat before I went to bed. My roommates mother is a nurse and told me to take extra Benadryl which is probably what saved me because by 4am I had to go to the emergency room because my throat was swelling closed and I only had a small airway left. The good thing was that this reaction took place over several hours and could EASILY be treated.

August 6, 2011 4:05 PM

While it began to work quickly, after 4 doses, I spent the night vomiting every couple of hours and the next day recovering from the side effects. Getting a prescription for something else with fingers crossed that I don't have the same effects.

January 22, 2010 11:36 AM

Amoxil (amoxicillin): No side effects!

November 6, 2009 2:07 PM

Medication is fantastic and cleared up sinus infection by the next day. Side effect - My belly ached for days.

October 23, 2009 7:27 AM

Review by Hilander:

I had previously been on a 10-day cycle of Cefuroxime to battle an annoying nasal infection with post-nasal drip. The Cefuroxime didn't really work and the infection came back. This time a different doctor at the clinic prescribed amoxicillin and on the second day, it's gone. Just like that.

June 4, 2009 12:01 PM

Cleared up the infection in a few days.

February 22, 2009 4:35 PM