User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Sinusitis

"After 7 days on amoxicillen and worsening pain in maxillary sinus, went to ER. Was given choice of 10 days augmentin or zpak. Chose zpak. 5 days, I've already been sick 4 weeks. Wanted faster relief."

675ttt April 25, 2016

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "Every time I'm prescribed Amoxil I have yeast infections for a week or so. Diflucan is also a given."

Mac00 January 20, 2016

"Had to take this 3 times a day for 21 days. Only used it for 3 days. Had side effects.. Stomach upset, intestinal upset, headache and felt anxious.. I've used it before years ago with no problems but this times it's a no go.. I guess our systems change as the years go on.."

Dreamspirit (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

"I take amoxicillin everytime I have a sinus infection. It clears it up unbelievably fast. I usually start feeling a little better within a couple of hours. I also never get a vaginal yeast infection that a lot of antibiotics can cause. No other weird side effects for me, other than it might change your bowel pattern a little. No diarrhea though."

jeanniebug December 29, 2014

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "I'd taken Amoxil before and had no reaction to it, but apparently you can develop an allergic reaction to this medicine. The doctor prescribed this along with a new allergy medicine so it took about three days before the allergy medicine couldn't fight off the reaction that I (up until that point) didn't realize I was having to Amoxil. It started with swollen spots in the back of my throat before I went to bed. My roommates mother is a nurse and told me to take extra Benadryl which is probably what saved me because by 4am I had to go to the emergency room because my throat was swelling closed and I only had a small airway left. The good thing was that this reaction took place over several hours and could EASILY be treated."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

"While it began to work quickly, after 4 doses, I spent the night vomiting every couple of hours and the next day recovering from the side effects. Getting a prescription for something else with fingers crossed that I don't have the same effects."

Anonymous January 22, 2010

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "No side effects!"

Anonymous November 6, 2009

"Medication is fantastic and cleared up sinus infection by the next day. Side effect - My belly ached for days."

Anonymous October 23, 2009

"I had previously been on a 10-day cycle of Cefuroxime to battle an annoying nasal infection with post-nasal drip. The Cefuroxime didn't really work and the infection came back. This time a different doctor at the clinic prescribed amoxicillin and on the second day, it's gone. Just like that."

Hilander June 4, 2009

"Cleared up the infection in a few days."

Anonymous February 22, 2009