User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Also known as: Amoxicot, Amoxil, Apo-Amoxi, Biomox, DisperMox, Moxatag, Moxilin, Trimox, Wymox

Learn more about Amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 53 medications used in the treatment of Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin to treat Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis

"I was prescribed amoxil after a nasty bacterial infection in my tonsils. I had tried the z-pak in the past, but it gave me bad side effects so we switched to the amoxicillin. It started working within 24 hours for me. I had experienced slight diarrhea in the past with this antibiotic, but my doctor gave me Align Probiotic Supplements to replace the good bacteria that antibiotics tend to destroy along with the bad bacteria, which is what causes the gut problems. Worked amazing! No diarrhea! The amoxicillin does make me feel a bit sleepy..I napped a lot the first few days. Also, the 10 day dosage is a lot to remember but hey..it worked great and I am much better now."

Sunshinesmb (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2014

Amoxil (amoxicillin): "Works almost instantly, and a while even after you used it all up"

Anonymous September 2, 2013

"I took this medicine and had all the severe reactions listed. I found the Medication was a little slow at working as normally it is around 2-3 days before you feel better on most and I took the course for 5 days before having to give up because of the side effects and allergy to the medicines."

englishman December 14, 2009

"Normally the drug of choice for tonsillitis. I have had chronic tonsillitis for few years and each time only this antibiotic can help. The symptom relief comes relatively slowly (after 2-3 days) compared to just 1 day after taking macrolide antibiotics (Clarithomycin, Spiramycin, Azithromycin, etc). But in my case, treatment with amoxicillin prolongs the time to next out-break significantly."

Sinuhe69 February 15, 2009

"I was prescribed this medication for strep throat yesterday morning. Five doses in (25 to go), I'm already feeling much better."

Soricel February 3, 2009

"It's great for sore throats. I get a throat infection (severe infection to a point I cant swallow) every time I get a fever and this medicine is great because it clears my severe throat infection in 3 days or less."

resh May 7, 2008