How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?

The eilimination half life of doxycycline is between 16 to 22 hours (for healthy adults).

It takes 5.5 x elimination half life (hours) before a drug is completely cleared from your system.

So if we take the maximum elimination half life of 22 hours, it would take 121 hours i.e. approximately 5 days (5.5 x 22 hours) before the medicine is eliminated from your system.

http://www.drugs.com/ppa/doxycycline.html

webagirls 23 Aug 2009

Thank you very much- that gives me better perspective on how much longer to be careful of the sun sensitivity.