User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 26 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 34 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 600 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Doxycycline

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "Once a day dosing, works better that generic."

Chrisy2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2016

For Rosacea: "Amazing. 3 weeks ago my face was very red and burned like fire. I had developed deep red papules all over my nose and my upper cheeks. Total strangers stared at my face and asked me if I was OK a few times. I was so embarrassed I started staying home from social activities. 3 weeks after starting Doxycycline and Metrogel my face is 95% healed. My normal skin tone is for the most part restored. I only have a single tiny papule on my nose that is a light red color and not deep red. The deep red color and burning sensation are gone. I still have a pink tone to my nose and cheeks, but it is not unattractive and I actually feel comfortable going out without makeup on now."

Raquiellet May 1, 2016

For Acne: "I have mild acne around my chin, some bumps on my forehead, and black heads (which caused in large poors) on my nose down to my cheeks. A year ago I've have 3 flare up of inflamed cystic acne that would last for months until a dr had to inject steroids into it. My doctor put me on doxycycline 50mg 2x a day, as well as epido topical gel ointment. No complaints on the doxy but as for epido, the third day I used it it made my face extremely sensitive and dry to the point it stings when I put moisturizer on. I've stopped it until stinging settles down, then I'm going to apply every other day instead of every day."

Kimberly B (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Rosacea: "This did not cause any change in my rosacea whatsoever. I was started on 100 mg daily. After one month of no change, I contacted the dermatologist. They increased it to 2 times a day. I did that for about 1 week with no changes and finally said forget it. I'm not going to continue to take medication that doesn't work."

sarasarasara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Acne: "I just started acticlate about a week ago and I'll be honest, my face is 20x worse . I only get acne around my chin area, and I have never seen it this bad . BUT I have noticed I am starting to see slight improvement and I believe that it gets worse before it gets better . I will continue this product and hopefully have clear skin before long !"

Alia172916 April 27, 2016

For Acne: "I am 31 years old male and currently taking 100mg once a day. I have taken doxy 3 years ago for 4 months and it definitely worked like a miracle back then. I am glad my skin stayed fine for 3 years!! Sad part is..its back again! I never had any side effects especially if you are having plenty of fluids and not mixing with other supplements such as Iron and multivits tablets. In the beginning I felt as if my skin was more responsive to hot and cold temperatures but it's gone now. I would highly recommend doxy to all suffering from mild to severe acnes BUT you have to be patient to see it working!"

technorayyan (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I Went To Go See The Gynecologist On Monday April 18th, I Went It Not Having Any Symptoms & I Had Gotten My Pap Smear Done & A Chlamydia Screening Done & On The 19th I Recieved A Phone Call Stating That I Was Positive For Chlamydia I Instantly Started Freaking Out Because Of The Whole 23 Years Of My Life I Have NEVER Had An STI, My Doctor Put My On This Medication It Was Literally Two Pills I Had To Take The Same Day (Azithromycin) I Took Those And The Next Day I Still Felt The Same Way So I Called My Doctor & Told Him What Was Going On And He Prescribed Me A Different Medication Called (Doxycycline) I've Been Taking This Medication Since The 20th But Idk If It's Working I'm Still Urinating A lot & It's Somewhat Uncomfortable."

Anonymousssssssss April 23, 2016

For Acne: "I've started this medication about three weeks ago and so far I'm a bit satisfied. I used this medication before, and this medication is suppose to make your acne ALOT worse because it takes all the bad stuff out of your body. The first 2 weeks were absolutely horrible, a would wake up with 3-5 new cystic pimples on my face and back everyday. When I used this before, I remember that it took me almost 4 months to be totally clear. The thing is to have LOTS of patience, because the first weeks are frustrating. I'm reaching to week 4 and in a year worth of the pills and I'm starting to see improvement on my complexion and less redness, as well as the pimple minimizing. I will put an update once I see dramatic results."

Anonymous Joe April 23, 2016

For Rosacea: "I had reached a point where my severe rosacea was extremely painful. I had contacted my doctor and begged for a prescription for amoxicillian. That was an antibiotic I was on for another condition, and cleared up my rosacea for a couple of weeks. The doctor said doxycycline would be better for my acne. I had not known at the time what I was suffering from was severe rosacea . my derm at the time diagnosed me with severe cystic acne. After 1 year of trial and error with numerous antibiotics, she put me on isotretinoin (sp). I took claravis, apprx 80 mg for 10 months. After being on a 2 wk course of doxy, my face has been clear for 11 months now."

emeraldspring70 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline for almost 4 weeks now, twice a day. My skin has really started to get better but recently I started getting nauseous after taking. The nausea usually subsides in 20 minutes, so I just used to deal with it. Avoid taking it before a car ride/playing a game/sport etc because that triggers nausea. It's a miracle drug and I hope ot works that way for you. P.S. Its true, it gets worse before it gets better"

AnneN (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Lyme Disease, Arthritis: "For many years Amoxicillin was my drug of choice. Last year it stopped work on me. I had to use Doxycycline which caused terrible burns all over my skin after 1 week of use. Even the layer of sunscreen cream did not prevent the burns. It did not matter - if I stayed in the shade of the tree or if it was not sunny days - I got those burns. Because I had to do multiple jobs outside the house and go to the stores - this side effect created terrible problems for me. For somebody who can stay inside for entire month - this side effect probably non existent. The drug effectively cured the condition."

Simon777 April 15, 2016

For Acne: "Been taking doxy for 3 months now. Before doxy, I had mild acne on my forehead and some cystic ones that I would get around my period. Anyway, so I'm taking 100mg doxy twice per day + Tretinoin + Acanya. I don't have pimples anymore but still have some dark spots. If I should get a pimple it would be a really small one and usually it's dried out after a day or two. Today I went back to my dermatologist for check up and she put me on doxy again for another 3 months (so six months in total). She said she's adding another 3 months so that I will be completely breakout free. Only bad side effect I had with doxy is sometimes it makes me throw up."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

For Acne: "I'm a 19 year old female and my skin was perfect until I turned about 17. Then it still wasn't too bad, a couple of pimples every now and then. It started to get worse over the last couple of months, mild acne, so I was prescribed doxycycline 50mg once daily. I have been on it for three weeks now and my skin is worse than it has ever been. My face is covered in huge red sore bumps and I have scarring everywhere. I wake up with at least three new pimples a day. I am about to give up on this stuff because it has made my skin 10 times worse than it ever was. I have heard it gets worse before it gets better but I've read it usually only takes 2-3 weeks to see improvement but it doesn't look like it will be getting better anytime soon."

Taybow (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Acne: "I've been using this for acne. I've always had acne but about a month ago I had a crazy Breakout/flare out that extended from my hairline down my jaw line down my neck. Crazy?!?!! So I rang to my derm & he prescribed this 100mg 2x a day along with clindamycin topical solution & I've seen results in my first week! I read all the reviews so I was afraid of "it gets worst before it gets better" thankfully that wasn't the case for me. Honestly, this medicine has been amazing. I've followed it to the tee. No food 2 hrs before or 2 hrs after because it works best on an empty stomach. I've been lucky that I haven't had any side effects. It's been great at preventing breakouts so overall I'm super happy with this medication."

Lorenita728 April 10, 2016

For : "It's good to know I'm not alone. This drug is rough but I've been on 9 different medications including 4 IV medications through PICC LINE daily some times twice a day. They come with terrible side effects. Right now I'm on Clindamycin 2X daily for Lyme and Doxy currently for URI. The side effects for both are endless. Waiting for a cure"

Ready for a cure (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2016

For Acne: "So I recently developed cystic acne, presumably because of my change in make-up foundation. This has never happened and it looks really bad, because it's mostly on my cheeks and the sides of my mouth, it's HIDEOUS. I went to my GP and got doxy (50mg) and an Epiduo gel. The gel was burning my skin and it also made my face VERY dry and super sensitive, so I stopped it. I'm still on the doxy and I'm eating it twice a day, for almost a week now... My skin is still super dry and it looks so bad... My acne has toned down, however.. stopped with the redness and also lesser "active" acne. The only problem now is that my skin is very dry and it's very sensitive (even when i put on moisturiser it hurts)"

cysticanon April 8, 2016

For Rosacea: "I used to have rosacea problem. Doctor told me, he prescribe Doxycycline. I took 1 capsules daily until all gone but still does't help much then I search on internet and find chinese herb" centella asiatica (Gotu kola)". I crush and apply it on my face. With in one time using I can see a lot improve. The blood vessels, irritation eye and skin, swollen, redness bump like acne reduce obviously. Then I apply it 4-5 times a day, with in 3-4 days all those problem disappear. believe me. You can search the benefit of that herb first. It's work with me."

Mary ja April 7, 2016

For Acne: "I'm 24 and I started getting acne when I was 23.. Only on my chin area. I would get 1-3 cystic pimples at a time then, a few "normal" ones around them with constant clogged pores. I tried everything for a year, diet change, different contraceptive pill, naturopathy, medicated face cleansers, antibiotic ointment, anti fungal antibiotics. Nothing worked, until I was prescribed Doxycycline, and a topical cream of Epiduo. Doxycycline has worked, I have been on it for 70 days now and my skin is smooth and clear, although it was a tough journey. I had sensitive skin, drying skin, and lots of sore pimples coming out (more than usual) Push through that because it does take time. Epiduo was good to help the inflammation.. Don't apply much!"

PaulaaaD April 6, 2016

For Acne: "Been taking this for about 2 months, done absolutely nothing but pull acne out. If you want good results fast definitely do not go for this. I doubt that it will ever clear up at this rate. 4/10 only because it helped a little bit of zits go away."

Braxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Acne: "I had taken doxy along with birth control pills when I was 16 to help combat my acne. And it worked wonders my face was always clear. Now however 3 years later I tried to start taking it again but without the birth control since I now have an IUD my face is horrible. It's worse than it was when I wasn't taking anything at all. I know it's supposed to get worse before it gets better but damn it's been about 3 months now on it for the second time and my face it so red with constant breakouts. I think I'm going to try Accutane."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on Doxycycline for 4 weeks. I haven't seen any improvement with my adult hormonal acne around my mouth."

Anonymous April 3, 2016

For Acne: "Doxycycline definitely works!! I've suffered from moderate to severe acne since year 6 and I'm now in year 10. I started trying different prescribed antibiotics back in around December last year and I suffered side effects from both of them so my gp put me on doxycycline in January and I couldn't be happier! During the first 1-2 weeks i didn't really notice much improvement but after that my skin has cleared up dramatically and I finally feel confident again. Unfortunately what I found was that if you run out of the medication therefore are unable to take a tablet for a couple of days, the acne returns (not severely in my case but all the same) which makes me wonder how long I'll have to be on the medication for. But definitely 10/10!!"

Anonymous April 2, 2016

For Acne: "This worked great for me for about a year until I saw my acne come back and the medication stopped working so I had to switch back to a different antibiotic"

Mjasinski (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 1, 2016

For Acne: "I was told I had roseace acne last year. my Doc gave me cream after cream and nothing worked , she then gave doxycycline 100mg to take twice a day for 3 mts to see how The roseace acne started to clear up my face. My Gp lower the dose after 6mth to one a day so I decided to carry on with it I didn't have any problems with them at all, I took them for 9 mths in total so I decided to stop I told my doc I needed a break. She did say the roseace will come back , well...what can I say it came back !!!. I went after 3 mts trying to delay it as long as possible i went back to the docs and she put me back on doxycycline 1 a day, and in 2 weeks and it's working . All I have to say is that this tablets works different on each person. It works for me."

Savy2016 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I've been taking this antibiotic for a few days now. And just wondering if I'm totally screwed.. I took my first dose.. Made me vomit so I stopped taking it for a day or two.. Then started taking it again with food which helped. But because I missed doses idk if it will still keep working,?. I have to take 2 a day for 14 days.."

Hatingthis (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016