User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, Oracea, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 38 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 311 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Alyssandra:

For Acne: I really like doxycycline. I have had mild acne since I was 11, however once I turned 19 I began having more frequent outbreaks on my face and severe outbreaks on my neck and chest. At first when I began taking this medicine it literally made me feel like my skin was on fire and caused excessive feeling. I then realized that the cleanser (clean and clear) that I was using along with doxycycline was causing this to happen. This makes your skin EXTREMELY sensitive, so be careful not to use anything too harsh on your skin or anything that will dry it out too much. Other than that, I love it! I have mild stomach discomfort, but it doesn't bother me too much. I was on it for six months and my face had cleared entirely and my back almost entirely!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2014 2:01 AM

Review by Starrr (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bacterial Infection: This is the only medication that actually can clear the infections I get in my jaw and teeth, it works fast and really good, but the side effects can be unbearable at times. Extreme nausea, vomiting are the worst. The only way I've found to sometimes help with the vomiting is to take with a meal, which works most of the time, but not always.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by 65478 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Im taking these pills once a day as prescribed by my Doctor and it feels like my skin has gotten worse. Every morning with mini pimple on my face and read bumps on my cheek.

July 16, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by Healthybunny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Prescribed 100mg 2x day for 14 days for a skin infection. It is so important that you drink lots of water & do not lie down within 30min of taking this medicine to prevent ulcers in the esophagus. I followed this and had no issues whatsoever. On 7th day I had slight nausea, take with food. Also I wanted to mention I did experience chest tightness/shortness of breath for days 3-12. It stopped 24 hours after my last dose...Prilosec helped. Recommend taking a probiotic once a day to prevent any stomach issues including diarrhea. Works great for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Bethany111:

For Acne: I used doxycycline and I really loved the results. The reason why I'm writing here is that I see everyone's getting sore stomachs or discomfort, and I did get that too. I went to my beautician, and she said to take a prebiotic before you take doxycycline. I tried and it, and it really worked! My stomach pains where gone and my skin was clearing. No harm in trying, so go for it.

July 8, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by moderate acne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I would always get painful, under the skin acne around my time of the month. Two or three would be on my face and lost for weeks. When I first went on doxycycline, my skin actually got worse at first. However after the 1st month my skin has never looked better. Your skin will get worse at first, but stick with it! I'm now on my second month and really happy I tried it out.

June 23, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by dr ishi (taken for less than 1 month):

Vibra-Tabs (doxycycline) for Pleural Effusion: Good result

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by lisa in mass (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I took 2 doses. The first had no side effects. The second brought extreme nausea. It's the first time I vomited in 30+ years, including when I had food poisoning. This was followed by dizziness and headache, though those could have been from all the retching. I discontinued it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by Mellg:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: This completely made every zit I had disappear..... BUT it makes me feel very sick. Depends on which outweighs the other but it did work for acne.

June 3, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by rony135:

For Acne: I had mild acne for almost 2 years and kept it at bay using over the counter treatments such as face washes and proactive (which didn't work at all). As I approached the 9th grade my doctor put me on doxycycline to prevent scarring. Even after the first week I saw immediate results! It was truly amazing after 6 weeks. I sometimes have bad stomach pain and peeling skin but it's really a small price to pay for good skin. Even though I still have mild breakouts and small larger pimples I have another month to go on my prescription. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, IT KEPT ME OFF ACCUTANE.

June 1, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by SCG:

For Acne: I am a 22 year old female and I have suffered from acne on my face, back and chest since I was 15. My face is constantly broken out in huge, painful, red pimples and little bumps. I finally went to a dermatologist and she put me on 100 mg of doxycycline twice a day. I've been taking it for 18 days and my face is already clearing up quite a bit. And I usually can feel new pimples forming under the skin, I haven't felt one since. The directions say to take before eating or 2 hours after eating, but that makes me nauseous. I usually eat and then wait 30 minutes or so. Even with some of the medicine absorbing into the food, I'm still getting results. I highly reccommend this!

May 28, 2014 1:05 PM

Review by Esmith___:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have had bad acne since the 4th grade. During my senior year in high school, I was put on Accutane which worked for the duration of time that I was on it (moderately, mild breakouts but the redness went away, a huge step up from my ridiculous acne!) but returned in moderation when I went to college in the fall. I waited until the spring to visit my dermatologist and she put me on two facial creams and Monodox. I tried the facial creams alone, didn't work. Then tried Monodox and within a week, I saw a huge difference. Not only did my acne almost disappear, but my breakouts were 1-2 mild, small pimples that went away leaving no scars in 2 days. I have been on it about 3 months and I couldn't be happier. My face is clear! Highly recommend.

May 22, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by KittyDDS (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have suffered from acne for 10 years (currently 25). I have cystic type acne, lots of blackheads and oily skin. I have been to multiple dermatologists throughout the years and tried countless products, both OTC and prescription. I have had amazing results with my current regimen which includes doxycycline, Aczone topical gel applied at night and Panoxyl face wash (OTC). The doxycycline made a difference right away! I still got maybe 1 cystic type zit a month for the first 3 months and now basically not at all. The Aczone and Panoxyl help combat the blackheads and tiny zits the antibiotics doesn't. The biggest downfall is the nausea. I highly recommended this for those with cystic acne and be sure to take after meals. I am happy to finally be acne free!

April 22, 2014 11:24 PM

Review by Jonny boi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have been on this medicine for about 2 1/2 months and it has been clearing up my back well but my back only, it hasn't done anything good to my face or chest still get breakouts and it annoys me because this medicine is my last chance because my doctor said I am not allowed to go on Accutane. I don't know why it only helps my back and not my face but I'm hoping these last 2/3 weeks clear up my face also.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I had an awful experience with this medication. It hardly cleared my acne and made me have a menstrual cycle every two weeks!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 12:23 AM

Review by R2MO:

For Prostatitis: Treated with doxycycline (2 months) for prostatitis. Nausea, headaches and more came with taking this medicine. Body just couldn't adjust. Symptoms seemed to improve but the side effects were just to much for me (personally). On Cipro now.

April 14, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by SHAUMAN:

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Acne: My doctor prescribed Doxy for and put me on 100mg twice a day for 4 months. So far its 2 months and already there is very big improvement in that am confident with my face and every one is commenting on how flawless my skin is.

April 13, 2014 2:33 AM

Review by Mimitee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Update!- As below I stated that doxycycline and Epiduo did an outstanding job. It continued to do so for 1 and a half months but they say all good things come to an end. Because I was getting used to the tetracycline antibiotic, I started getting little pimples-definitely not as bad as before so my dermatologist switched me over to Oratane for the cure. I really am so happy doxycycline kick started my clear skin. Don't forget to moisturize and sunscreen!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 5:02 PM

Review by TriciaRod:

For Acne: I've tried every over the counter cream/face wash/spot treatment, eating healthier, cutting certain foods out of my diet, and home remedies with little to no success. After 10 years, I finally gave in to going to a dermatologist. I have been taking this antibiotic along with forms of the cream Ziana, and my face looks great! I still have a small bump here and there but the creams I use will either get rid of it or largely reduce it by the next morning. I wish I did this earlier. The sun sensitivity between the antibiotic and the creams is the only down side. I live in South Florida, so it is very hard to avoid the sun!

April 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Hopeful101 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am 18, I have suffered from severe acne since I was 13. I tried everything and wasted my money on over the counter treatments that did absolutely nothing but dry up my skin. About 6 months ago I finally decided that I was tired of having acne and made an appointment with a dermatologist. I am so glad I did, she prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate pills and Epiduo and explained how acne is like an infection. This medication worked like magic! Within 2 weeks of taking 2 pills every day and using Epiduo over night I saw results. I am still taking it and it has honestly been one of my best decisions yet. Trust me you will not regret it.

March 30, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Angie88 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I have previously taken Doxycycline before at the age of 14 due to acne and I found it really effective for about one year, afterwards I went on a course of Roaccutane for 6 months and my skin was crystal clear. About one year ago my skin started to break out again. Really bad breakouts and in such noticeable places. I am 18 now and I have started on a course of Doxycycline again and this is my first week of treatment, I am already noticing results. I have had a few small breakouts but nothing like before. My skin is healing quicker and the redness is slowly going away. I expect to see better results around the one month stage but so far I am happy with my results.

March 28, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by red eyes & blepharitis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: I've had what they said was blepharitis all of my life. It started spreading under a lower eyelid so I went to a dermatologist (after spending hundreds at an opthamologist and him putting me on several antibiotics and eyedrops). She put me on Oracea and it made it so much better; even the bloodshot, scratchy eyes. The only drawback is that it has given me severe heartburn, which I've never had before.

March 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by Nmes:

For Acne: This medication is worth to try! I am 28 years old and I still can't believe I suffer from acne. I wash my face twice a day and also tried many products that claim to cure the acne! This medication is a miracle! No acne and my face looks great!

March 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Review by TinnerW:

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: This medication combined with Finacea cream saved my skin! I was having terrible localized breakouts that would leave bad scars. Once I started religiously using Oracea and Finacea (to help with redness) my skin looks amazing, I rarely need to wear makeup now. Only downside is it makes my lips sensitive. The tend to look swollen- which is not such a bad thing. I would recommend this to anyone dealing with Rosacea.

March 2, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by Mimitee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I have had cystic acne since 13 years of age and now I am 22. For so many years since 18 I tried at home remedies, washing my face so often and eating well but nothing ever worked. Having 2-3 cysts popping up every second day I just couldn't understand what was going on. I visited a cosmetic physician who then advised me on so many creams with me spending hundreds and finally she referred me onto a dermatologist who prescribed me doxycycline and Epiduo- if only she did so much earlier I would have suffered 2 years less. Those medication have rid of all active and no new ones have appeared from day one of use. My skin is dry but I'd rather that than cysts all over and moisturizing isn't a bad habit to get into. Thank you for doxycycline!

February 27, 2014 6:24 PM