User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 380 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Druby2015 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: On Day 3 of a 7 day course at 1 tablet per day feeling better but have major coughing fits. Toilet experience is shocking like I have been eating Mexican or Indian food, very painful. Energy ok, no weaze but this random cough.

April 24, 2015 8:16 AM

Review by Rosie S:

For Acne: I am a 27 year old female and started taking doxycycline for acne 4 days ago. I have never had acne in my life up until recently and my dermatologist prescribed me this. I was a little skeptical to take an antibiotic for acne but so far it's working! I would have a few large, painful pimples at a time along with many small comedones on my forehead and chin but after only 4 days of taking this I have seen a significant change! The pimples are receding and I notice less and less comedomes every day! I have not had any issues with nausea or headache but I have made sure to take it with a decent amount of food every day.

April 23, 2015 4:32 PM

Review by :) (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I've been struggling with acne for a year now. I'm a high school student and it's so hard to be confident when everyone else has clear skin and you feel really insecure about yourself. I've been taking this medicine for 2 weeks and my skin is its worst it's ever been, the first week I barely broke out, I now have 3 cystic acne and I really hope this is part of the plan. I'm going to stick with it for another 3 months.

April 21, 2015 1:47 PM

Review by Damon1029:

For Acne: I had very mild acne from 15 up to 17. My acne then became moderate. I tried the acne line exposed. With very little success. Once I discontinued the use of the exposed skin care line. My acne became moderate to severe. At the time I was moving out, traveling to a new state, and finding a job/college. Needless to say it was a very stressful time. from there I went on Keflex. cleared half my back and slightly improved my face over the course of 3 months. Eventually I went on Doxycycline with tretinin cream 0.5 percent. Also proactive plus in the mornings. It has almost been a month and I am almost acne free. I did not have a bad outbreak. No side effects whatsoever. I can take on a empty stomach. Although I recommend eating and drinking.

April 19, 2015 11:59 PM

Review by chrisssssssss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: This has worked very well for my acne, nothing I have tried in 3 years has worked this well. However, I am an athlete and I'm out in the sun everyday and if this same thing applies to you, do not take this. It makes you very sensitive to the sun and you will be in so much pain, especially in your hands. If you start taking this and feel sensitive to hot and cold, and notice your hands turning red then stop using this immediately because it only gets worse.

April 19, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by ced x (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I've struggled with acne since I was 13, and now 4 years in, I think I might have finally waved goodbye to it. After a couple of months of doxy I have only just noticed the difference, so it may just be a clear spell, but I haven't looked so clear in years. I've found some confidence and feel a bit better within myself, so fingers crossed that my skin stays clear from now on! I still get a couple of spots here and there but nothing compared to what I used to get. Side effects can be a little nasty, when waking up in the middle of the night feeling really sick, but overall good experience with it so far. Xx

April 19, 2015 8:32 AM

Review by Tapaninyc (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Lyme Disease: Work miracles to keep Lyme in check, does not necessarily eradicate it. Took about 4 years since infection for Lyme to get a foothold before I was able to get proper medical attention. On badly spread lyme, expect severe side effects -- much of it, so I have been told -- have to do with chemicals resulting from the bacteria dying rather than the doxycycline itself: Severe depression and suicidal thoughts that disappeared as soon as I finished the medication (discomfort, but at least I was able to put up with it knowing it would pass once the six-week 500mg/day was up). Also, take with proper meals -- I've woken up to throw up blood when taken in empty stomach. Also, stay out of direct sunlight, or, if possible, take during winter months

April 16, 2015 1:33 AM

Review by Flora E:

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: I used to have terrible acne on my skin, and so I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed this. I used it for about half a year, and my acne was starting to clear up. Although, I recommend wearing lots of sunscreen during the summer, because you will get facial sunburns. But oddly enough, while using Oracea, I started to experience moderate heart palpitations and panic attacks and anxiety, and so I stopped using Oracea immediately. I am not sure that I recommend this to everyone.

April 13, 2015 10:55 PM

Review by sharpy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Q Fever: Contracted q fever jan 2015 diagnosed march 2015 after a series of blood tests. A very debillitating illness thankfully the right diagnosis plus doxycycline has helped considerably

April 13, 2015 5:21 AM

Review by pinklove72:

For Bacterial Infection: Every time I get a sinus infection I ask for Doxy it clears me up in a few days. I don't have any bad side effects, guess I'm lucky. I would recommend this medicine highly for sinus infections since it works so fast. I have to work and don't have time to be sick, I'm also a single mother and can't be down too long and this medicine never let's me down!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 12:13 PM

Review by Donaldsmithy:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Into my fourth doze (100mg) took it with cold tea and shortly after felt sick for a while. I previously took it with a large glass of water and along with a meal had no symptoms. Do what the notes tell you to do take with a meal and don't lie down but keep active and all will be fine.

March 26, 2015 7:06 AM

Review by Adultacnesuxs (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I've been taking doxycycline for 2 years now and in that time it has been a God send. But unfortunately in the past month I have had a huge breakout, I feel very self concious at the moment. I do all I can to avoid going out, and I absolutely get so anxious on the days I have to take my daughter to school and can't rely on my husband.

March 24, 2015 7:46 AM

Review by Angle baby:

For Acne: This pill is the best I ever had! I can't believe the difference. I'm so happy!! No painful acne whatsoever. My blemishes are also fading away. I never thought in a million years my skin would look this good. I struggled with acne since I was 12. It got worse when I Got older. I've been on doxycycline hyclate for about 5 months. My skin looks great. I'm just worried that once I'm off these pills my acne will all come back again. I just hope it doesn't.

March 22, 2015 8:28 PM

Review by Jim W (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: My acne started when in my 20's and I struggled with it for about 30 years with various levels of success and complications. I took a job managing a dermatology practice and one of the doctors put me on some topical stuff that just tore my face up. A visiting phamacutical rep kindly pushed a bag towards me one day and hinted that it might work a bunch better than what I was using. Doxycycline has been a miracle for me... most days 50mg and occasionally during a flare, I'll take one each 12h. Results (after 30 years of struggle) have been nearly ideal... Can't recommend this treatment enough.

March 18, 2015 12:54 PM

Review by Sragle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: While it has worked for my acne (amazingly), the side effects have included tingling of the arm/face/hand, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, chest pain, & dizziness. I will have to cease taking it.

March 15, 2015 9:13 PM

Review by Naiomi122445:

For Acne: So my dermatologist prescribed me doxycycline about 3yrs ago for 12 months and after seeing results he increased the time period to 18months. While I was on this my acne and zits showed a significant reduction, though they weren't totally gone. But after medication they started coming back and its been a nightmare since then.

March 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by guest123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: let me say I am 20, started off with tiny blackheads all over my head and a couple big pimples on my chin. I used this combined with tretinoine .1% cream. THIS TAKES TIME. I read up on this website while using it. first 3-4 weeks of using this and the creme I've had the WORST acne I have ever had in my life. almost like cysts all over my forehead and chin. it gets better as everyone says. I almost quit but now 2 months in, my face is clear but now I have scarring which I never had before. I am going back to the derm in a week and we will see how it goes. PATIENCE IS KEY!! don't give up! I almost did

March 7, 2015 6:11 PM

Review by JoJoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Chlamydia Infection: Took twice a day for 7 days infection cleared up.

March 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Review by lisa520 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was given this for my sinus infection. But I threw up immediately after taking it. So my husband suggested that I should try drinking milk, that was the best advice he gave me. No more sinus infection.

February 28, 2015 9:56 PM

Review by MerlinPhD (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Doxyclycline has been the only antibiotic that has helped me consistently clear my severe sinusitis with excessive catarrh and phlegm (even when I was told it was viral) - over 15 years. Once every couple of years or so I have had infections that simply don't clear without help. I have been prescribed many other antibiotics and all that happens is I have to finish the unhelpful course (with no result) and then use Doxycycline. Over years, I have endured the ridicule of several doctors who explain how this cannot help me - I then have to find a doctor who listens - then I can breathe again.

February 23, 2015 8:40 AM

Review by Nikki Davis:

For Acne: So I've been on the Doxycycline for a week now and I already notice a difference in my skin. For a person who's alergic to benzoyl peroxide (main ingredient in acne medications) it was hard to find something for my acne. The only downfall I experience is the nausea and yeast infections.

February 11, 2015 10:02 PM

Review by frustratedteen (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am 14 and just started taking doxycycline after going to a doctor for acne that just started at the beginning of the year. I have been on the medicine for about a month and a half and am very frustrated because i feel like my acne has gotten worse. After reading all these reviews I am gonna stick with it and hope it will work.

February 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Review by Red14:

For Bacterial Infection: I have had a sinus infection for 3 years now, plus Upper respiratory infection and ear infections during the really bad times. I was cultured with Staph A. and Pseudomonas that was resistant to a lot of the antibotics except doxycycline and Augmentin but I'm allergic to penicillin so doxycycline it is. 100mg 2xday and the first few days it is hard because everything is dying and my sinuses are draining like crazy but its the only things that's working. Don't lay down for an hr after taking the pill, it did burn my throat horribly but I have not had any other side effects from it except the sun sensitivity. I think this is a small price to pay to feel better and get my life back especially since the chronic fatigue from the constant infection is severe.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 7:20 AM

Review by LynnepUK (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Having had a virus for 4 weeks and then secondary Bronchitis I was just recently prescribed this. I am only 3 days in and already there is a big difference in how I feel, the mucus is lifting, I can breathe and my chest feels less tight. However it is not without the slightest of side effects which include nausea, a feeling which lasts about an hour after taking and a slight upset stomach and a headache but I can live with all that.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 3:54 AM

Review by :/:

For Bronchitis: I used doxycycline hyclate for my bronchitis. It really helped me get better faster, it even got rid of the few zits I had. The downfall is after I was done with my prescription I broke out all over! My face, neck, and chest are all covered in acne or its a rash, I'm not sure... I've never had bumps this bad in my entire life!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate