User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 38 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 349 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Sly1971:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Worked great for my upper respiratory infection. My doctor gave me a prescription of Zofran and I took that first and waited about ten minutes before taking the antibiotic. It solved the nausea/vomiting side effect.

January 20, 2015 4:24 AM

Review by Iaresleeping:

For Chlamydia Infection: I have found that good way to beat the nausea is to stay away from dairy. Otherwise, I vomit within an hour of taking it.

January 19, 2015 2:00 PM

For Acne: For those who are dealing with symptom, make sure to take a full meal before you eat for me it eliminated the nausea completely. If I take it to long after I take the medication or don't eat I'll either vomit or can barely move with nausea.

January 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Review by miw (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I had acne, and found doxycycline awesome.

December 30, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Jay402:

For Acne: I have been taking the doxycycline for about 1 week now consistently and I have seen tremendous change. One thing about is medication is that you must have patience. It will get worse before it gets better! In addition to taking the doxycycline I also used adapalene to control the breakouts that the doxycycline pushes out. This is coming from someone that has dealt with acne for years and has never found anything that works.

December 17, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by Berrya:

For Acne: Everytime winter comes around I start to break out really bad. Everybody used to tell me where does this acne come from since I don't get it all year but the winter. My teacher recommended it for me since her daughter used it. I immediately went to the dermatologist and told him I need to take doxycycline. I started taking it and haven't broke out since! This is great!

December 10, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by MelMarCur:

For Rosacea: I have been on 40 mg for 2 months and 3 weeks. No improvement at all. In fact, I think the bumps and pustules are spreading. It took a while to get over the nausea but eventually it went away.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by mcfl3:

For Acne: When I use doxy, prescribed by my dermatologist it works well with occasional breakouts...problem is when I stop using, and Dr makes me stop after being on for 3 months, go off for 1..well...my face explodes! Severe acne all over..I'm 40 yrs old and am SO exhausted over trying to clear up my face. Thank goodness I can cover up with make up. Also I use Retinol..Ziana and a face wash also prescribed by Dr at the time! Frustrated.

November 29, 2014 9:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started this in August it broke my face out terribly I play college soccer and was extremely sun burned all season it is now November and my face hasn't improved much at all.

November 28, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Am❤️:

For Chlamydia Infection: The medicine did its job. It just gave me terrible nausea.

November 26, 2014 12:26 AM

Review by Dave S.:

For Lyme Disease: Hopefully, this will help somebody. I was a chronic Lyme patient for 15 years. Doxy kept it in check, but I still had symptoms, even if I took up to 500 mg per day. The doc said it was then best to lower my intake to about 200 mg per day, the lowest amount that allowed me to still feel OK. After many years of this I had some strange symptoms regarding my heart. I guessed that Lyme disease had affected my heart, which was partly true, and asked if I could try to increase the doxy to combat it. The doc said yes we could try that again. I began taking 400 mg per day again and I never missed a dose. Six months later, I finally eradicated my Lyme disease. DO NOT miss a dose to beat this unique bacteria.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 1:49 PM

Review by Veevee9269:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: Low self esteem, not wanting to leave the house, not being able to stay in a relationship because I was so self conscious and miserable, always walking with my head down, couldn't look people in the face, couldn't walk out the house without makeup (although it didn't cover the bumps). I cried almost everyday and hated my life. It all changed in 5 months. I've never seen my face so clear. I'm finally getting my confidence back. Yes it did take some time for the results to fully kick in, but it did work for me and I'm so happy I finally went to the dermatologist after trying a million and one products that never worked; changed my entire diet and drank water and it never work. But Monodox along with Ziana gel definitely changed my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by ItGetsBetterDontGiveUp:

For Acne: Generally my acne went away with use of clindamycin cream for a 7 month period. But I got two giant pustules and I was prescribed doxycycline 100mg once a day to treat these issues. The third week my acne got awful but by week 4 it cleared up. I still get zits but no major acne. Overall its been good but I have only been on it a month so I think by month 2 or 3 it will be gone. Stick with it and don't give up.

November 19, 2014 12:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I've been taking this for awhile and it's worked the best out of everything I've tried. I still do get the occasional breakout and pimple around my period, but has drastically reduced my acne overall.

November 7, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Lily jo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: I had severe acne as a teenager and Doxycycline did not have an effect. I ended up taking Roaccutane which eventually left me with clear skin for 8 years. However, the last 9 months I have had a reoccurrence of moderate acne and was prescribed Doxycycline. I was convinced it would have no effect again but within 3 days I saw an improvement. Now after 2 weeks I have had no new spots. The first few days it made me feel really nauseous but more bearable if I take it with a meal and lots of water.

November 7, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by Kevin 93:

For Acne: I was issued this when I went to Afghanistan to prevent malaria. I didn't take it like many of us in my unit. Ever since moving to Georgia and joining the military I've had acne, it breaks out very badly. My medic overseas asked me if I was taking my doxy and I told him I wasnt. He let me know that it was commonly used as acne medication and that's when I started using it. 100-200mg per day after a few days completely cleared up my skin, after a week I looked like I did in highschool I've never been happier and th rest is history, I highly recommend this product

November 6, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by GURKER:

For Rosacea: Been taking Doxycycline for about 6 weeks, 2 x 50mg tabs daily. Definitely seen improvement in my Rosacea, inflammation to face and eyes decreased quite significantly Was taking Oxytetracycline prior to this which was less effective.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by Dinaxo:

For Acne: I've been taking Doxycycline 50 mg once a day for my acne for about 3 weeks now and I'm finally seeing results. My skin is looking so good and better than ever. I'm so happy I can cry. The first 2 weeks seemed to almost make it worse but I didn't give up and I'm glad I didn't. I recommend it!

October 30, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by InfoSecMom4 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: This medication is effective for acne. Within a couple days I noticed a difference. I had to stop using it because it caused severe nausea and occasional vomiting.

October 30, 2014 1:29 AM

Review by Luis K. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I'm writing as a dad, age 46, for my son age 14. My boy has relatively bad acne problems for 2 years and it has been worrying.. I brought him to a family doctor (General Practitioner) for advice and was prescribed with Doxycycline 100MG (1 tab every night). It has been a month now and his condition has improved quite substantially, about 70% improvement. He also washes his face more regularly, about every 3-4 hours using very quick gentle/light rinse with water on very mild facial-wash. I would definitely recommend people with acne problems to seek his/her doctor's approval for this medication. It helps.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by taller om (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am 35 and never had acne in my youthful ages until now. Acne all over my face and went to see a dermatologist who prescribed doxycycline for me. I have been taking this medicine for a month now and always experiencing acne on my face. Hope it gets better. Somebody help me.

October 13, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by LisaK1971:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I've been taking Doxycycline for a few days now for bronchitis/pneumonia. I take it twice a day. The dose in the morning makes me nauseous and I vomited once. Other than the extreme list of interactions with food and other medications, I would take it again for my illness. It's potent and so far seems to be clearing up my lungs and sinuses!

October 13, 2014 7:55 AM

Review by Anonymous_1_8:

For Acne: About a month ago I wrote a review on this (username: anonymous_1_7). And there has been some results. Not all my pimples have cleared up, but since my Dr. prescribed me to 100mg of Doxycycline rather than the 50mg, there's been improvements. For many or you experiencing mild-severe pimples, I would recommend using this as well as some face scrub and cream.

October 4, 2014 2:06 AM

Review by delrey5254:

For Acne: I'm 27 and I just started taking doxycycline 2x a day 100mg. I saw my skin clearing up or at least no new pimples since day 1! I also use tretinoin cream at night and benzaclin/clindamycin in the morning. I had an upset stomach so far only for one day but the past two days I've been dealing with a bad headache. I'm hoping it'll go away soon. Other than that, this medicine works great on me!

September 28, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by Clintonla (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Each time infection returned and I lost my sense of smell.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate