User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, Oracea, Oraxyl, Periostat, Uracil, Vibra-Tabs, Vibramycin

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 38 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 297 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I had an awful experience with this medication. It hardly cleared my acne and made me have a menstrual cycle every two weeks!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2014 12:23 AM
Review by R2MO: User Rating:

doxycycline for Prostatitis: Treated with doxycycline (2 months) for prostatitis. Nausea, headaches and more came with taking this medicine. Body just couldn't adjust. Symptoms seemed to improve but the side effects were just to much for me (personally). On Cipro now.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 9:18 PM
Review by SHAUMAN: User Rating:

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Acne: My doctor prescribed Doxy for and put me on 100mg twice a day for 4 months. So far its 2 months and already there is very big improvement in that am confident with my face and every one is commenting on how flawless my skin is.

April 13, 2014 2:33 AM
Review by Mimitee (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: Update!- As below I stated that doxycycline and Epiduo did an outstanding job. It continued to do so for 1 and a half months but they say all good things come to an end. Because I was getting used to the tetracycline antibiotic, I started getting little pimples-definitely not as bad as before so my dermatologist switched me over to Oratane for the cure. I really am so happy doxycycline kick started my clear skin. Don't forget to moisturize and sunscreen!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 5:02 PM
Review by TriciaRod: User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I've tried every over the counter cream/face wash/spot treatment, eating healthier, cutting certain foods out of my diet, and home remedies with little to no success. After 10 years, I finally gave in to going to a dermatologist. I have been taking this antibiotic along with forms of the cream Ziana, and my face looks great! I still have a small bump here and there but the creams I use will either get rid of it or largely reduce it by the next morning. I wish I did this earlier. The sun sensitivity between the antibiotic and the creams is the only down side. I live in South Florida, so it is very hard to avoid the sun!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 9:05 AM
Review by Hopeful101 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I am 18, I have suffered from severe acne since I was 13. I tried everything and wasted my money on over the counter treatments that did absolutely nothing but dry up my skin. About 6 months ago I finally decided that I was tired of having acne and made an appointment with a dermatologist. I am so glad I did, she prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate pills and Epiduo and explained how acne is like an infection. This medication worked like magic! Within 2 weeks of taking 2 pills every day and using Epiduo over night I saw results. I am still taking it and it has honestly been one of my best decisions yet. Trust me you will not regret it.

March 30, 2014 10:39 PM
Review by Angie88 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I have previously taken Doxycycline before at the age of 14 due to acne and I found it really effective for about one year, afterwards I went on a course of Roaccutane for 6 months and my skin was crystal clear. About one year ago my skin started to break out again. Really bad breakouts and in such noticeable places. I am 18 now and I have started on a course of Doxycycline again and this is my first week of treatment, I am already noticing results. I have had a few small breakouts but nothing like before. My skin is healing quicker and the redness is slowly going away. I expect to see better results around the one month stage but so far I am happy with my results.

March 28, 2014 8:55 PM
Review by red eyes & blepharitis (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: I've had what they said was blepharitis all of my life. It started spreading under a lower eyelid so I went to a dermatologist (after spending hundreds at an opthamologist and him putting me on several antibiotics and eyedrops). She put me on Oracea and it made it so much better; even the bloodshot, scratchy eyes. The only drawback is that it has given me severe heartburn, which I've never had before.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 3:26 PM
Review by Nmes: User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: This medication is worth to try! I am 28 years old and I still can't believe I suffer from acne. I wash my face twice a day and also tried many products that claim to cure the acne! This medication is a miracle! No acne and my face looks great!

March 22, 2014 11:59 AM
Review by TinnerW: User Rating:

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: This medication combined with Finacea cream saved my skin! I was having terrible localized breakouts that would leave bad scars. Once I started religiously using Oracea and Finacea (to help with redness) my skin looks amazing, I rarely need to wear makeup now. Only downside is it makes my lips sensitive. The tend to look swollen- which is not such a bad thing. I would recommend this to anyone dealing with Rosacea.

March 2, 2014 10:12 PM
Review by Mimitee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I have had cystic acne since 13 years of age and now I am 22. For so many years since 18 I tried at home remedies, washing my face so often and eating well but nothing ever worked. Having 2-3 cysts popping up every second day I just couldn't understand what was going on. I visited a cosmetic physician who then advised me on so many creams with me spending hundreds and finally she referred me onto a dermatologist who prescribed me doxycycline and Epiduo- if only she did so much earlier I would have suffered 2 years less. Those medication have rid of all active and no new ones have appeared from day one of use. My skin is dry but I'd rather that than cysts all over and moisturizing isn't a bad habit to get into. Thank you for doxycycline!

February 27, 2014 6:24 PM
Review by jaellidia: User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I am 25 years old and I have always have had acne. I am one of the people that have tried everything under the sun; proactive, herbal, expensive top of the line products and acupuncture until I decided to speak to my wonderful dermatologist. He has prescribed me 100 Monodox twice a day along with Epiduo and it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've been on this routine for about two and a half months. My skin has NEVER been clear until now. It has been since lately that the Monodox has caused my to be nauseous when I take it in the morning. Since I am not a big breakfast person I found that I must take it with a GOOD meal and the nausea has not come back.

February 25, 2014 2:09 PM
Review by mayora (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I get the occasional painful cyst-type acne (I am in my mid 20's and this is a recent development). I have pretty sensitive dry/normal combination skin and other treatments I have tried have just made me peely and flaky. I have been using Citrus Clear Control products for a month. At first the treatment was a little drying so I went to using it every other night and now I am applying it every night following it up with the moisturizer. My skin is DEFINITELY clearer. It is still a little irritating every once in a while but I have not had any peeling/redness. It definitely stops the cyst-type acne from coming back.

February 25, 2014 12:38 PM
Review by Mojo86 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I started a cycle of doxycycline last June because of my horrible summer breakouts. I experienced dramatic results after about 6 weeks; my skin had never been clearer. I stopped taking it after 8 weeks and experienced a few pimples here and there. It is now February and I'm pretty much back to square one with my acne. I started back on doxycycline last week. Best advice I can give: be patient, it takes a while but you'll eventually see great results.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 4:03 PM
Review by Ashley:): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I am an almost 16 year old girl and I have had acne for about four years. I have a fair amount of acne scars and also regular acne bumps and went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me the pill and a benzyol peroxide /clindamyacin face wash that I use twice a day, when I wake up and right before bed. She also gave me a cream for the morning and Ziana for night and I started all of this 7 days ago and the redness in my skin has gone down and the size of my pimples has gone down. Fingers crossed it keeps going down and my acne scars clear up eventually and the only side effects I have experienced are pain in the stomach and nausea but I haven't experienced either since the day before yesterday.

February 21, 2014 12:20 AM
Review by Maddyyyy: User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I started taking doxycycline last year around May, because the acne on my back was getting worse and worse. These pills are really hard for me to take, because they make me so nauseous. It took a month or two but completely cleared up my back, and the skin on my face was flawless. Being dumb, I completely stopped taking them, because my skin was so clear and I was sick of the nausea so they didn't seem worth it. (My doctor recommended that I slowly phase them out, should have listened.) Around Christmas time, my face started breaking out worse then it ever has. (Although my back was still super clear) I think it was stress that caused the acne, but either way it was really bad and only getting worse. So I've started taking them again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 12:49 AM
Review by Marynancy: User Rating:

doxycycline for Bacterial Infection: I had minor surgery and developed cellulitis and was put on doxycycline. It made some immediate improvement in the pain and swelling. The culture came back as MRSA. 10 days of doxycycline was extended for 2 more weeks, but after 5 days, with infection not completely gone, I switched to vancomycin infusions for 25 days until I was considered healed. The problem wasn't the medication, rather it was the lousy suturing with internal stitches that started emerging through the wound for weeks, keeping the infection deep in my thigh. Then I got a bad cold or flu with a terrible sinus infection so I started taking the remaining doxycycline. I don't think I've taken it for sinus before, but I felt better right away and no real side effects. Great!

February 16, 2014 3:15 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

doxycycline for Bacterial Infection: This is the only medicine that helps get rid of my sinus infections and it looks like that goes for a lot of other people too. This is the only antibiotic that I can take because I am allergic to so many others.

February 15, 2014 4:48 PM
Review by CleanNclear555: User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I'm approaching 16 years of age and I've been struggling with acne for 7 years. I've tried so many products, with disappointing results. January of last year (2013) my dermatologist prescribed me birth control pills (Tri-Previfem) in combination with 100 mg daily doxycycline hyclate. I was on doxycycline for 8 months and then in August I stopped taking due to the health risks. In combination with the birth control, my skin transformed. It took a long time to get my skin in shape but it was well worth it. It's been several months since I've been off of it, and my skin is better than ever. (I also continue to use Differin and benzoyl peroxide treatment daily) Highly recommend! (Note: in my experience, the nausea subsides after a few weeks).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 14, 2014 10:27 AM
Review by Bunny74 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: It made me nauseous, but not too bad. I love this medicine. Cleared up my cystic pimples within days. I'm also on tretinoin cream which my insurance also pays. My dermatologist is amazing for recommending both. I get compliments that my face is flawless. It feels great! You will get little flare ups here and there don't give up, give the medicine a chance it will work. I recommend it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 10:29 AM
Review by vinpb90 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: Cleared my acne. Takes about a good 2-3 months, then scarring is left over. Don't confuse scarring with acne. The scarring will go away. Go with the Doxycyclines and Minocyclines.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2014 1:45 PM
Review by Does Magics for Acne: User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I was 21 when I started getting acne for the first time which spread all over my face within a month and most of the days I bunked my classes because of acne. When I visited dermatologists he prescribed DOXY which did magic on my face within 2 weeks of time. Pimples were heeled and skin was getting better. I%u2019m 27 now and I%u2019m scared of pimples. Whenever I get pimples on my face I take Doxy for couple of days I don%u2019t know if that was right but I get results.

February 6, 2014 4:18 AM
Review by clear skin in Atlanta Ga.: User Rating:

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Acne: I was a 48 y/o female with nodular acne. My pimples were painful, humiliatuing, embarrassing and just plain ugly. I had used every over the counter treatment there was. Once I was diagnosed with nodular acne (severe acne) my dermatologist prescribed Doxy 150mg. By using coupons, It is affordable. I am 52 now and I continue to use Doxy 50 a day at this time. My thought is A CLEAR FACE IS PRICELESS. No more pockets of puss or inflammation on my face.

January 30, 2014 4:07 PM
Review by Wrecked a Motorcycle (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I have had acne since puberty; I'm 26. The first time I was ever happy about wrecking a motorcycle. I had to take Doxycycline Hyclate to clear up the infection on my knee due to the motorcycle wreck. I didn't even realize it but after 7 days my acne on my back was gone. I woke up in complete disbelief. I never really looked in a mirror because of my acne and now I look in the mirror every day. No acne. I cannot believe it. Going to a dermatologist in the next few days to receive an actual note to take more of it.

January 29, 2014 3:25 PM
Review by Hexaflouride (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

doxycycline for Acne: I am a 18 year old male, and I have been suffering from teen acne for about a year. The breakouts started out calmly, but then they took a more severe turn. I had fields of bumpy pimples on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I tried OTC products and they helped to a certain degree, but nothing really made the acne problem disappear. I went to my doctor, and she prescribed me with doxycycline. At first, the only thing I noticed was that my skin got a lot smoother. The bumps disappeared, but I still got breakouts. After about 3 weeks the breakouts were not as bad as they had been before. Now I've been on doxycycline for 5 weeks, and my acne has almost completely disappeared. Now I am only left with hyperpigmentation. Very happy with this medicine!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 8:58 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

Suffering from sore knees? Assess your knee pain with our interactive tool. Click Here