User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 25 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tertiary Syphilis 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 402 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Acne: "I switched to doxycycline for my acne after Solodyn (which reduced the acne I was getting by about 50%). Prior to taking doxycycline, I had borderline cystic acne and lots of PIH/redness. Within two weeks, a lot of my acne sunk into my face and went 'inactive.' I still get about 5% of acne that I got prior to taking any medicine, but no more lingering cysts, just small pimples. I feel that doxycycline has been very effective for me, and the only side effect I have noticed some slight photosensitivity/higher chance of sunburn (this would be the case with any antibiotic). I've been on doxycycline for almost 3 months and plan to continue taking it. Now I'm just dealing with PIH!"

Alexander Noonz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I have a bacterial infection in my lungs, I've been on this medication for 4 days now and I have not noticed any difference. This medication is not working for me."

Anonymous May 18, 2015

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline for about a week now and I am in love with how my skin looks! I've been reading reviews about people's skin getting really bad so I'm scared that will happen to me because I've struggled with severe acne for so many years and this is the best my skin has ever looked, I'm pretty much almost acne free!! I'm also using differin cream 0.1% and that is a lot nicer on my skin than the gel was. I highly recommend going to see if you are able to take this medication."

Janosieber (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

For Acne: "This is far from the godsend every one else has claimed it to be. I'm two months in and have witnessed almost no results, other than the zits are less large and less painful. But in no way are their less zits. As an added "bonus", my acne scare like never before. The scarring is impossible to get rid of and impossible to cover up. My acne was only moderate, so I had expected it to work. I'm frustrated, and disappointed. This was my last hope."

TrevorAllen1269 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

Oracea (doxycycline) for Ocular Rosacea: "I have mild rosacea but experienced ocular rosacea/blepharitis for the first time a year ago. The ophthalmologist told me that it was chronic and prescribed all sorts of things that didn't work. Months later I saw a new dermatologist. She prescribed oracea, which put me out of my misery. The skin on and under my eyes had become dry and sore from doing hot compresses four times a day. It is a pity that the pharmaceutical company price it so high that most cannot get relief, seems awfully greedy to me!"

pbro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been talking doxycycline for 3 days, it clears up my sinus infection, but I have a really hard time sleeping and it makes me really cranky!!"

tera1234 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2015

For Acne: "I'm 16 and have mild acne and this helps and almost clears my acne fully, but it makes me gain weight, get headaches, and feel nauseous. So it's sort of a win-lose situation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I went to the doctors on Monday with a chest infection and he prescribed me with doxycycline and I told him that I have asthma. On day 3 and had to go back to get different antibotics due to the severe chest pain which stopped me from eating and drinking. Doctor switched me to amoxicillian for a week. On the other hand it seems my chest infection is starting to clear up. Wouldn't take again unless necessary"

Toby1106 May 1, 2015

For Acne: "I was told by my doctor to take the doxycycline 100mg once a day for 3 months. So far it has been 3 weeks and I think my acne is getting worst. The first week my acne seemed to be improving. That was until the 2nd week it started getting worst. I'm starting to think it might be my period causing me to break out again. So I'm hoping I will see an improvement when its over. I have had no bad side effects which is great. After reading positive feedback on this I am really hoping to see a huge difference!! BE PATIENT"

bells2477 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Fought off a sinus infection that went into my chest and turned into bronchitis. I absolutely hate taking antibiotics, but after a couple months with a bad cough, which was actually starting to go away, I developed pleurisy. I had decided I would have to go see the Doc. He prescribed me this and an anti-inflammatory. It started working on the second day and by day seven it was gone. I did not have any side effects. I had never taken this before, so might be why it worked so fast because I thought the pain was going to kill me."

23450trf87wfto3iquhy4 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Acne: "This is my 3rd month on doxycycline and my face have shown great improvements! I'm 19 with oily skin and before I had moderately severe acne with cysts, papules and pustules. At one point it hurt and annoyed me so much plus lowered my self esteem that I decided to meet a dermatologist . She prescribed 100mg of doxycycline along with 5% benzoyl peroxide to be taken daily . During the first month, it was horrible. My face broke out terribly but I guess that was a part of it, clearing out the disgusting stuff inside our face . In the second month my skin start to clear up, and now I can say that I'm 95% acne free with occasional small zits during period but nothing hurt as much as before. The point is, don't give up :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Acne: "While using this medication I have seen a huge difference my acne was so bad to where when I changed my facial expression it would hurt. I have been taking this pill for about four months now. My face is less oily for sure. But one thing I have noticed is that I have gotten back acne but it's not bad it just looks like scars. But about a month ago my eyes were starting to get really dry I am not sure if the pill did that or what but I had to take eye drops. I am supposed to take the pill in the morning and at night but since I go to school I don't have time to eat in the morning I don't take the pill in the morning. During my spring break I started to take it In The morning again and my eyes started to get dry agian. But I to recommend it"

Anonymous April 28, 2015

For Acne: "Hey it's the high school student, and I'm on my 3 week. omg my skin has been clearing up, my friend has told me the difference, I still have loads left but I've just began to third week and I can see that the cystic acne has cleared up, I'm never gonna give up."

!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Acne: "I've been prescribed doxycycline hydate . And so far it has shown exceptional results. I haven't had a single breakout 1 and a half week into its use. ^_^ quite happy as the acne has been a biig problem for me for about 3 years now ."

Maha5212 April 27, 2015

For Acne: "I have had clear skin up until my current age of 41. I have been exposed to dermatitis at a phenomenal rate. Everything from cystic acne to dark marks on my face. I've tried everything to stop this active bacteria. The one thing that seems to help is the 10% benzyl peroxide bar which doesn't dry my skin and the doxycycline 100 mg 2x day, Differin .05 in a.m and Clindomycin 1% at night. My cheeks just seem to be invaded and its so very hard not to aggravate the eruptions. 1 week and I am noticing no new areas on face. Its just the abrasions underneath my skin are slow to heal. I'm looking forward to less stress more water and more exercise to help the healing process."

Ms.Songaya S. Williams (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection: "First of all I have really bad anxiety and I was scared to take this. But Dr said I had to For a week. First time I took it I freaked out really bad and had a panic attack which I don't really ever get. But I guess it was all up hill from there. Because my anxiety I really didn't want to take any pills. I try to live very clean eating organic and exercise so this pill kills good bacteria in your stomach and that has a huge effect on your mental state and increases anxiety and stress. I feel better after taking it. But I lost my appetite and I wasn't taking probiotics which is a must. . So in a week I lost close to 10 pounds. And my stress and anxiety was through the roof. My only feed back is take a lot of probiotics with this"

Legacy15 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Pneumonia: "On Day 3 of a 7 day course at 1 tablet per day feeling better but have major coughing fits. Toilet experience is shocking like I have been eating Mexican or Indian food, very painful. Energy ok, no weaze but this random cough."

Druby2015 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 27 year old female and started taking doxycycline for acne 4 days ago. I have never had acne in my life up until recently and my dermatologist prescribed me this. I was a little skeptical to take an antibiotic for acne but so far it's working! I would have a few large, painful pimples at a time along with many small comedones on my forehead and chin but after only 4 days of taking this I have seen a significant change! The pimples are receding and I notice less and less comedomes every day! I have not had any issues with nausea or headache but I have made sure to take it with a decent amount of food every day."

Rosie S April 23, 2015

For Acne: "I've been struggling with acne for a year now. I'm a high school student and it's so hard to be confident when everyone else has clear skin and you feel really insecure about yourself. I've been taking this medicine for 2 weeks and my skin is its worst it's ever been, the first week I barely broke out, I now have 3 cystic acne and I really hope this is part of the plan. I'm going to stick with it for another 3 months."

:) (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

For Acne: "I had very mild acne from 15 up to 17. My acne then became moderate. I tried the acne line exposed. With very little success. Once I discontinued the use of the exposed skin care line. My acne became moderate to severe. At the time I was moving out, traveling to a new state, and finding a job/college. Needless to say it was a very stressful time. from there I went on Keflex. cleared half my back and slightly improved my face over the course of 3 months. Eventually I went on Doxycycline with tretinin cream 0.5 percent. Also proactive plus in the mornings. It has almost been a month and I am almost acne free. I did not have a bad outbreak. No side effects whatsoever. I can take on a empty stomach. Although I recommend eating and drinking."

Damon1029 April 19, 2015

For Acne: "This has worked very well for my acne, nothing I have tried in 3 years has worked this well. However, I am an athlete and I'm out in the sun everyday and if this same thing applies to you, do not take this. It makes you very sensitive to the sun and you will be in so much pain, especially in your hands. If you start taking this and feel sensitive to hot and cold, and notice your hands turning red then stop using this immediately because it only gets worse."

chrisssssssss (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

For Acne: "I've struggled with acne since I was 13, and now 4 years in, I think I might have finally waved goodbye to it. After a couple of months of doxy I have only just noticed the difference, so it may just be a clear spell, but I haven't looked so clear in years. I've found some confidence and feel a bit better within myself, so fingers crossed that my skin stays clear from now on! I still get a couple of spots here and there but nothing compared to what I used to get. Side effects can be a little nasty, when waking up in the middle of the night feeling really sick, but overall good experience with it so far. Xx"

ced x (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

For Lyme Disease: "Work miracles to keep Lyme in check, does not necessarily eradicate it. Took about 4 years since infection for Lyme to get a foothold before I was able to get proper medical attention. On badly spread lyme, expect severe side effects -- much of it, so I have been told -- have to do with chemicals resulting from the bacteria dying rather than the doxycycline itself: Severe depression and suicidal thoughts that disappeared as soon as I finished the medication (discomfort, but at least I was able to put up with it knowing it would pass once the six-week 500mg/day was up). Also, take with proper meals -- I've woken up to throw up blood when taken in empty stomach. Also, stay out of direct sunlight, or, if possible, take during winter months"

Tapaninyc (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "I used to have terrible acne on my skin, and so I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed this. I used it for about half a year, and my acne was starting to clear up. Although, I recommend wearing lots of sunscreen during the summer, because you will get facial sunburns. But oddly enough, while using Oracea, I started to experience moderate heart palpitations and panic attacks and anxiety, and so I stopped using Oracea immediately. I am not sure that I recommend this to everyone."

Flora E April 13, 2015

For Q Fever: "Contracted q fever jan 2015 diagnosed march 2015 after a series of blood tests. A very debillitating illness thankfully the right diagnosis plus doxycycline has helped considerably"

sharpy (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015