User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, Ocudox, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 38 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 321 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Unintentional Clear Skin:

For Acne: I've always had moderate acne around my chin and forehead. I tend to get white heads and occasional cystic acne. Now in my twenties, I've been able to manage my skin fairly well, I know my acne triggers and to keep my face clean every night. I ended up using doxycycline for a medical purpose (I went to South America and got bit by a nasty bug) and found myself with clear skin. I've only been using doxycycline for about 2 weeks but I haven't had a single pimple since I started. It's completely amazing, and fixing my gross bug bites at the same time. I'll just have to see how long my skin can stay clear.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Review by nilla (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: My pulmonary Doctor ordered this (Doxycycline) for me after being treated at home, for a few months and then I was placed in a hospital for 4 days and then in a rehab hospital for 2 weeks. I finally took my first dose of doxycycline and the next day, I knew I was going to get well. I remained in rehab for a total of 30 days with 2 times a day rehab. I know Doxycycline saved my life! I give Doxycyclne a 10. I had NO side effects...all GOOD EFFECTS!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by james413:

For Acne: I could say that I would recommend this to people with mild to severe acne. I have been on doxycycline for a about 1 month and a couple of weeks close to 2 months and my acne has improved so, so much. I'm supposed to be on this for three months and I'm already close to flawless acnefree skin but of course with a combination of Epiduo, chemical peels and a gentle cleanser. Overall Doxy has been great and with no doubt would suggest it.

September 3, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by Anonymous_1_7:

For Acne: I've had acne for two years (currently in year 9) and have tried all creams, but the creams never used to work for me since it wasn't my skin that caused the pimples, apparently there was just too much hormone production, so the Dr. prescribed me with 50mg of Doxycycline about two and a half weeks ago. The first week there weren't any signs of success, the second week it just seemed to get worse, (which everyone says is the side affect of this drug) but i haven't experienced the third week of being on this drug so i just hope my pimples clear up.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 2:57 AM

Review by Emma's mama (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Week 1: no results Week2: acne got WORSE ( to the point where I almost gave up) Week 3: clear skin!

August 28, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by madeezy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: In 6th grade, I had horrible acne. I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed some kind of face wash. I don't Remember what it was, but it stunk and it was very strong. It helped combined with Epiduo, but it peeled my skin off. My acne cleared up very well AFTER stopping it, but in my freshman year in high school, I broke out HORRIBLY.. worse than ever. I went to my family doctor and he sent me back to the dermatologist and the dermatologist said I had a very bad case of cystic acne. My doctor prescribed Doxycycline and within about 2 weeks, my skin showed tremendous improvement. By a month, my skin was so smooth. I tried everything and nothing worked. I'm a junior in high school now and I'm still on it and very happy.

August 25, 2014 6:36 PM

Review by jared324:

For Acne: Well I've been on doxycycline for a month and I'm pretty sure it's 100 mg. I've seen no improvement to my face and it has actually made my face worse. I'm starting to wash my face more to see if that will help but my overall experience has so far been terrible.

August 16, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by MalcolmHall21:

For Acne: I used this med for my acne and in about two days I saw a complete difference. I had really bad acne cause of my oily skin but as soon as I started taking it and kept taking it people really couldnt believe I had acne. I used everything from clean and clear to proactive and NOTHING! This stuff is great APlus

August 14, 2014 7:13 PM

Review by momofmedkid:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: My 15 year old daughter started on this 2.5 weeks ago. Week 1 we saw no change. Week 2 the acne was significantly worse (the medicine paper warns that this may happen). As soon as week 3 started, like magic her face started to clear. We are happy with the results and hopeful for continued improvement.

August 4, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by thank god:

For Acne: I've had acne for nearly three years. I tried everything Clearsil, Proactive EVERYTHING, nothing worked. I finally went to the doctors and he put me on 50mg of doxycycline a day for 6 months. I'm 2 months in and have seen some very up and down results. Within the first week my skin had gone completely smooth, I still had acne but nothing was raised, within two weeks no new acne seemed to be appearing and by third week 70% of my scarring had disappeared. One month in my acne came back with a vengeance along the side of my face and all down my neck. Now at the two month mark, my acne is about 80% gone and could not be happier. Word of advice be patient and expect it to get worse before it gets better. I suffered really bad nausea also.

August 3, 2014 9:52 AM

Review by Alyssandra:

For Acne: I really like doxycycline. I have had mild acne since I was 11, however once I turned 19 I began having more frequent outbreaks on my face and severe outbreaks on my neck and chest. At first when I began taking this medicine it literally made me feel like my skin was on fire and caused excessive feeling. I then realized that the cleanser (clean and clear) that I was using along with doxycycline was causing this to happen. This makes your skin EXTREMELY sensitive, so be careful not to use anything too harsh on your skin or anything that will dry it out too much. Other than that, I love it! I have mild stomach discomfort, but it doesn't bother me too much. I was on it for six months and my face had cleared entirely and my back almost entirely!

July 18, 2014 2:01 AM

Review by Starrr (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bacterial Infection: This is the only medication that actually can clear the infections I get in my jaw and teeth, it works fast and really good, but the side effects can be unbearable at times. Extreme nausea, vomiting are the worst. The only way I've found to sometimes help with the vomiting is to take with a meal, which works most of the time, but not always.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by 65478 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: Im taking these pills once a day as prescribed by my Doctor and it feels like my skin has gotten worse. Every morning with mini pimple on my face and read bumps on my cheek.

July 16, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by Healthybunny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Prescribed 100mg 2x day for 14 days for a skin infection. It is so important that you drink lots of water & do not lie down within 30min of taking this medicine to prevent ulcers in the esophagus. I followed this and had no issues whatsoever. On 7th day I had slight nausea, take with food. Also I wanted to mention I did experience chest tightness/shortness of breath for days 3-12. It stopped 24 hours after my last dose...Prilosec helped. Recommend taking a probiotic once a day to prevent any stomach issues including diarrhea. Works great for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Bethany111:

For Acne: I used doxycycline and I really loved the results. The reason why I'm writing here is that I see everyone's getting sore stomachs or discomfort, and I did get that too. I went to my beautician, and she said to take a prebiotic before you take doxycycline. I tried and it, and it really worked! My stomach pains where gone and my skin was clearing. No harm in trying, so go for it.

July 8, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by moderate acne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I would always get painful, under the skin acne around my time of the month. Two or three would be on my face and lost for weeks. When I first went on doxycycline, my skin actually got worse at first. However after the 1st month my skin has never looked better. Your skin will get worse at first, but stick with it! I'm now on my second month and really happy I tried it out.

June 23, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by dr ishi (taken for less than 1 month):

Vibra-Tabs (doxycycline) for Pleural Effusion: Good result

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by lisa in mass (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I took 2 doses. The first had no side effects. The second brought extreme nausea. It's the first time I vomited in 30+ years, including when I had food poisoning. This was followed by dizziness and headache, though those could have been from all the retching. I discontinued it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by Mellg:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: This completely made every zit I had disappear..... BUT it makes me feel very sick. Depends on which outweighs the other but it did work for acne.

June 3, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by rony135:

For Acne: I had mild acne for almost 2 years and kept it at bay using over the counter treatments such as face washes and proactive (which didn't work at all). As I approached the 9th grade my doctor put me on doxycycline to prevent scarring. Even after the first week I saw immediate results! It was truly amazing after 6 weeks. I sometimes have bad stomach pain and peeling skin but it's really a small price to pay for good skin. Even though I still have mild breakouts and small larger pimples I have another month to go on my prescription. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, IT KEPT ME OFF ACCUTANE.

June 1, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by SCG:

For Acne: I am a 22 year old female and I have suffered from acne on my face, back and chest since I was 15. My face is constantly broken out in huge, painful, red pimples and little bumps. I finally went to a dermatologist and she put me on 100 mg of doxycycline twice a day. I've been taking it for 18 days and my face is already clearing up quite a bit. And I usually can feel new pimples forming under the skin, I haven't felt one since. The directions say to take before eating or 2 hours after eating, but that makes me nauseous. I usually eat and then wait 30 minutes or so. Even with some of the medicine absorbing into the food, I'm still getting results. I highly reccommend this!

May 28, 2014 1:05 PM

Review by Esmith___:

Monodox (doxycycline) for Acne: I have had bad acne since the 4th grade. During my senior year in high school, I was put on Accutane which worked for the duration of time that I was on it (moderately, mild breakouts but the redness went away, a huge step up from my ridiculous acne!) but returned in moderation when I went to college in the fall. I waited until the spring to visit my dermatologist and she put me on two facial creams and Monodox. I tried the facial creams alone, didn't work. Then tried Monodox and within a week, I saw a huge difference. Not only did my acne almost disappear, but my breakouts were 1-2 mild, small pimples that went away leaving no scars in 2 days. I have been on it about 3 months and I couldn't be happier. My face is clear! Highly recommend.

May 22, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by KittyDDS (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have suffered from acne for 10 years (currently 25). I have cystic type acne, lots of blackheads and oily skin. I have been to multiple dermatologists throughout the years and tried countless products, both OTC and prescription. I have had amazing results with my current regimen which includes doxycycline, Aczone topical gel applied at night and Panoxyl face wash (OTC). The doxycycline made a difference right away! I still got maybe 1 cystic type zit a month for the first 3 months and now basically not at all. The Aczone and Panoxyl help combat the blackheads and tiny zits the antibiotics doesn't. The biggest downfall is the nausea. I highly recommended this for those with cystic acne and be sure to take after meals. I am happy to finally be acne free!

April 22, 2014 11:24 PM

Review by Jonny boi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have been on this medicine for about 2 1/2 months and it has been clearing up my back well but my back only, it hasn't done anything good to my face or chest still get breakouts and it annoys me because this medicine is my last chance because my doctor said I am not allowed to go on Accutane. I don't know why it only helps my back and not my face but I'm hoping these last 2/3 weeks clear up my face also.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I had an awful experience with this medication. It hardly cleared my acne and made me have a menstrual cycle every two weeks!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate