User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Monodox, Morgidox, NicAzel Doxy, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 27 medications

Cholera 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ehrlichiosis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Enterocolitis 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inclusion Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphogranuloma Venereum 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trachoma 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Doxycycline reviews 367 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Doxycycline

Review by Adultacnesuxs (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I've been taking doxycycline for 2 years now and in that time it has been a God send. But unfortunately in the past month I have had a huge breakout, I feel very self concious at the moment. I do all I can to avoid going out, and I absolutely get so anxious on the days I have to take my daughter to school and can't rely on my husband.

March 24, 2015 7:46 AM

Review by Angle baby:

For Acne: This pill is the best I ever had! I can't believe the difference. I'm so happy!! No painful acne whatsoever. My blemishes are also fading away. I never thought in a million years my skin would look this good. I struggled with acne since I was 12. It got worse when I Got older. I've been on doxycycline hyclate for about 5 months. My skin looks great. I'm just worried that once I'm off these pills my acne will all come back again. I just hope it doesn't.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2015 8:28 PM

Review by Sragle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: While it has worked for my acne (amazingly), the side effects have included tingling of the arm/face/hand, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, chest pain, & dizziness. I will have to cease taking it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 9:13 PM

Review by Naiomi122445:

For Acne: So my dermatologist prescribed me doxycycline about 3yrs ago for 12 months and after seeing results he increased the time period to 18months. While I was on this my acne and zits showed a significant reduction, though they weren't totally gone. But after medication they started coming back and its been a nightmare since then.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by guest123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: let me say I am 20, started off with tiny blackheads all over my head and a couple big pimples on my chin. I used this combined with tretinoine .1% cream. THIS TAKES TIME. I read up on this website while using it. first 3-4 weeks of using this and the creme I've had the WORST acne I have ever had in my life. almost like cysts all over my forehead and chin. it gets better as everyone says. I almost quit but now 2 months in, my face is clear but now I have scarring which I never had before. I am going back to the derm in a week and we will see how it goes. PATIENCE IS KEY!! don't give up! I almost did

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 6:11 PM

Review by JoJoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Doxy 100 (doxycycline) for Chlamydia Infection: Took twice a day for 7 days infection cleared up.

March 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Review by lisa520 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was given this for my sinus infection. But I threw up immediately after taking it. So my husband suggested that I should try drinking milk, that was the best advice he gave me. No more sinus infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 9:56 PM

Review by MerlinPhD (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Doxyclycline has been the only antibiotic that has helped me consistently clear my severe sinusitis with excessive catarrh and phlegm (even when I was told it was viral) - over 15 years. Once every couple of years or so I have had infections that simply don't clear without help. I have been prescribed many other antibiotics and all that happens is I have to finish the unhelpful course (with no result) and then use Doxycycline. Over years, I have endured the ridicule of several doctors who explain how this cannot help me - I then have to find a doctor who listens - then I can breathe again.

February 23, 2015 8:40 AM

Review by Nikki Davis:

For Acne: So I've been on the Doxycycline for a week now and I already notice a difference in my skin. For a person who's alergic to benzoyl peroxide (main ingredient in acne medications) it was hard to find something for my acne. The only downfall I experience is the nausea and yeast infections.

February 11, 2015 10:02 PM

Review by frustratedteen (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am 14 and just started taking doxycycline after going to a doctor for acne that just started at the beginning of the year. I have been on the medicine for about a month and a half and am very frustrated because i feel like my acne has gotten worse. After reading all these reviews I am gonna stick with it and hope it will work.

February 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Review by LynnepUK (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Having had a virus for 4 weeks and then secondary Bronchitis I was just recently prescribed this. I am only 3 days in and already there is a big difference in how I feel, the mucus is lifting, I can breathe and my chest feels less tight. However it is not without the slightest of side effects which include nausea, a feeling which lasts about an hour after taking and a slight upset stomach and a headache but I can live with all that.

February 7, 2015 3:54 AM

Review by :/:

For Bronchitis: I used doxycycline hyclate for my bronchitis. It really helped me get better faster, it even got rid of the few zits I had. The downfall is after I was done with my prescription I broke out all over! My face, neck, and chest are all covered in acne or its a rash, I'm not sure... I've never had bumps this bad in my entire life!

February 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Review by Wasper:

For Lyme Disease: Doxycycline has a quality of being well tolerated when administered with tinidazole which is the medicine that kills the cyst form when taken 1.5g per day throughout 15 days. After 500mg of doxycycline and 1.5g of tinidazole taken simultaneously (the former medicine throughout 30 days and the latter throughout 15 days), and the same action repeated after 10 days (but 600mg of doxycycline and 2g of tinidazole), the ratio of absolute recovery amounts to 85%.

January 24, 2015 10:27 AM

Review by Sly1971:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Worked great for my upper respiratory infection. My doctor gave me a prescription of Zofran and I took that first and waited about ten minutes before taking the antibiotic. It solved the nausea/vomiting side effect.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 4:24 AM

Review by Iaresleeping:

For Chlamydia Infection: I have found that good way to beat the nausea is to stay away from dairy. Otherwise, I vomit within an hour of taking it.

January 19, 2015 2:00 PM

For Acne: For those who are dealing with symptom, make sure to take a full meal before you eat for me it eliminated the nausea completely. If I take it to long after I take the medication or don't eat I'll either vomit or can barely move with nausea.

January 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Review by miw (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I had acne, and found doxycycline awesome.

December 30, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by emh225 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I started taking Doxycycline because I was in a Malaria country, and it was required. My doctor there said that it would also help with my mid-severe cystic acne, and it totally did. I am back in the States now, after 4 months of being abroad, and am still taking Doxy for my skin. For those of you experiencing an upset stomach, eat BEFORE you take it, and stay upright for a half hour after. If you don't eat before, you will throw up. And it needs to be substantial, not just a cracker.

December 22, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by assorted (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have had moderate acne since I was 16 (now 23) and I have tried just about everything I can think of and I was finally put on doxycycline 100mg to take once a day for 3 months. Although I experienced headaches and nausea in the first week, it has since stopped and I feel no side effects (so stick it out for at least a week to see if they stop). I am now in the middle of the second month and although my acne has diminished a little bit, I am still getting some new pimples pop up (smaller than usual which is good), but my skin has not completely cleared. I am also on this medication for extremely bad ingrown hairs in the groin area and although the medication is helping, it hasn't stopped those either. It definitely helped though.

December 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by acne for 6 years (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Started doxycycline for 6 weeks now 100mg 2x daily. I gotta say the redness really did go down A LOT. But I still have tiny red spots left. Also a lot of scarring. I have acne on my nose too and my nose is taking a little longer to heal then the rest of my face. Had only like 2-3 big pimple breakouts. I don't think this works on huge cyst papules/nodule type of cysts. So my dermatologist injected cortisone into a big cyst on my jawline. Only effects were bad nausea but it wont happen if you eat a good meal and take it within 1hour.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 7:09 PM

Review by Jay402:

For Acne: I have been taking the doxycycline for about 1 week now consistently and I have seen tremendous change. One thing about is medication is that you must have patience. It will get worse before it gets better! In addition to taking the doxycycline I also used adapalene to control the breakouts that the doxycycline pushes out. This is coming from someone that has dealt with acne for years and has never found anything that works.

December 17, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by ReneeChristian (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: I took this medication for a skin infection. 100mg twice a day for 10 days. Towards the end I would get severe nausea after taking it but I never threw up. The medication worked great & cleared up my infection, however I am starting to get concerned it may be coming back on my arms this time. Before it was on my face and scalp. I have suffered from KP my whole life on my arms so I'm hoping the skin infection & medicine may have temporarily made it flare up worse than normal. I did get the beginning signs of a yeast infection on day 4-5 so I had my doctor call in a prescription to treat it. I took it immediately and continued the antibiotics. The yeast infection was gone within 24 hours. Overall no complaints.

December 16, 2014 10:11 AM

Review by Berrya:

For Acne: Everytime winter comes around I start to break out really bad. Everybody used to tell me where does this acne come from since I don't get it all year but the winter. My teacher recommended it for me since her daughter used it. I immediately went to the dermatologist and told him I need to take doxycycline. I started taking it and haven't broke out since! This is great!

December 10, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by charlievirginia:

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: Wow. I've had mild rosacea for years and had heard about this medication but was unable to take it because I was pregnant then nursing. I saw results in just over a week. I don't even need to use the Metrogel anymore. I take it at night with a glass of water and have never had any side effects. I definitely recommend this. Luckily my copay is only $25 month. I was told to be careful with sun exposure while taking this but it's winter so I'm hoping this isn't a problem in summer.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 8:56 PM

Review by MelMarCur:

For Rosacea: I have been on 40 mg for 2 months and 3 weeks. No improvement at all. In fact, I think the bumps and pustules are spreading. It took a while to get over the nausea but eventually it went away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate