User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 25 medications

5.5
Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 547 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Rosacea: "I have rosacea triggered by heat/intense exercise. Went through 2 rounds of accutane in college, which helped for a short while. Got reprieve through my late 20s/30s, then it game back in my 40s w exercise. Tried to treat it naturally for two months, then gave up and saw the dermatologist. Started the doxycycline 1 pill 2 times a day and my face, which had virtually every pore affected with a bump --and under eye area affected, was almost completely clear in one week. After 2 weeks I went down to one pill per day. On that dose I get a couple bumps after working out, but they go away in a day instead of 3 weeks. Also do the metro gel and sulfur wash. Been a month now. A little heartburn/sour stomach after taking it, but excellent results."

Runnergirl73 February 7, 2016

For Acne: "I started taking dox around 2 years ago- I have really oily skin and have regular breakouts around my T-Zone. I never thought my acne was that bad until my mum eventually convinced me to book an appointment. I was skeptical at first; the creams didn't work for me and just dried my skin badly, but the thought of taking a tablet freaked me out a little. Despite this, I agreed to a 3 month course. By the time the course was finished, my skin was completely clear, I looked like a completely different person! It's important to remember, however, that this medication is incredible, but It does take time! You can't expect your skin to be crystal clear within 3 weeks! There's a reason for the course times, so be patient! Good luck!"

poldood February 5, 2016

For Acne: "I've been taking this medication for 12 weeks (3 months). So far there has been some improvement but I still get new ones on my face frequently. It is barely working and I still look like crap. Those of you who are on week 2 and complaining about it not working it takes time IT WILL NEVER CLEAR UP IN 2 WEEKS. The sooner you realize this the happier you will become. If this med doesn't start working soon it looks like I am heading towards accutane. I wish you all good luck on your journey. P.S. I also am applying retina-a and clindamycine daily."

Alex12345678910 February 5, 2016

For Acne: "I have moderately severe acne. I've tried all topicals and nothing has worked for me. I finally went to a dermatologist March of 2015, 90 days of doxy 100mg as well as differin cream. I noticed a huge difference fairly quick. At the end of I would say 30 days my skin was totally clear, minus my scaring! I continued to take the rest of my prescription. This antibiotic doesn't have permanent results. I was 100% clear for 7 months, it slowly came back around month 6 and now I am starting a new cycle of the same thing. The side effects were zero for me, I've heard accutane (where the results are a lot more permanent) has made some people suicidal so I have no objections to doing this once a year!"

hayley44 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2016

For Acne: "I've suffered from acne for about 7 years and finally decided to go to the doctors about it. It was the best decision I've ever made. I've been on this drug for just over a month along with a cream I use every night (duac). My skin has cleared up dramatically. It has been amazing. I've experienced no side effects from using the drug but I know everyone is different. It has seriously changed my life"

Anonymous February 1, 2016

For Acne: "I currently have moderately severe acne which has resulted in anxiety, depression and generally feeling hopeless and i cannot tell you how hopeful I am that this may be the answer. I have only been taking this medication for 6 days (50mg a day) alongside birth control pill Diannette (brenda) and my skin already appears to be clearing, I am amazed because I have tried absolutely everything including accutane which gave me some horrendous side effects. Initially I had a small break out but these pimples already seem to be healing. The only side effect I have experienced is feeling like throwing up I will post a further update when I have finished the course. But I am Hopeful!"

SaraOwen06 February 1, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Developed bronchial infection couple of days into a cold. Tried usual cold remedies, but was feeling worse. Got up enough strength to drive over to my primary physician who is also a pulmonary specialist. I wanted chest x-ray as I had double-pneumonia years ago, was hospitalized, very ill, so ill they brought priest in for my last rites. My physician prescribed 100 mgs doxycycline 2 x daily, told me to take it with food if I felt nauseous. First 2 days I was ok; took it with 8 oz. water as directed, ate some bread with it, waited to eat my full meal, stayed off dairy. Third day nausea, dizziness began, head felt like vice grips were squeezing it. Into day 4 now, still same side effects, but med is breaking up and clearing out infection."

NYGal415 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Side effects right away: incredible back/neck pain, headache, nausea and vomiting, and sweats"

Anonymous January 31, 2016

For Acne: "I have been on doxy almost three weeks and have seen no improvement whatsoever. Absolute waste of time, I do not recommend it."

moz1 January 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Great"

Readyo January 29, 2016

For Acne: "So I am on day 2 of doxycycilne I have had acne for almost a year now it went from moderate to severe. Thats when I decided to go to a dermatologist. So I haven't had any side affects eating a big meal and drinking a lot of water with the pill helps from having nausea and stomach aches well I will check in in a few weeks about my progress."

Nice90 January 29, 2016

For Ocular Rosacea: "Limited benefit for me. I have been on doxy for 6 months now to help with my severe eye rash. I only feel better for 5 hours and then I have to take another pill. Absolutely no long term benefit or even complete benefit throughout day. I shouldn't be using doxycycline for this long, so I'm switching to Chinese medicine. All I can say is that it's useful for a quick fix, but really bad for long term."

NoName1233 January 29, 2016

For Acne: "I have inflammed acne and I was on a different medication that made my skin super sensitive and extremely red, but took away the swelling of pimples but every time I would touch it it turned bright red so I switched to doxycycline and after week 2 my skin has been pretty strong and less red! I'm liking it better than the other one, I'm on week 3 and I'm seeing some improvement, hope it keeps going this way! I would definitely recommend it!"

Anonymous January 29, 2016

For Rosacea: "Started taking 6 months ago and it appears to be doing an effective job of managing my rosacea. Still get an occasional outbreak, but not as noticeable. Unfortunately the cost is a killer, with insurance the annual cost is over $2,000. May need to find something else."

Kee2 January 28, 2016

For Acne: "I have been on dox for 2 months and it has proved a miracle for me ! I just hope my acne wouldn't come back after stopping. I'm using it with no topical cream ! I'm taking 100 mg once daily after 2 hours of dinner ( prescribed by my doctor) and good results !"

Ujala January 24, 2016

For Acne: "It works like a charm. Thank you doxycycline."

Bobo7 January 22, 2016

For Acne: "Was prescribed Doxy for unrelated condition. Face began clearing of redness within the first week. Almost normal by second. Didn't expect this!"

Klaatu42 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Acne: "My 17 year old son began Doxycycline 7 weeks ago. When the Dermatologist said it would "probably get worse before it gets better", she wasn't kidding. He broke out in places that he never had acne before....especially on the forehead and they were large, red, and painful. He became so discouraged and wanted to stop taking it, but after reading reviews about keeping up with it, I encouraged him to stick it out. Now, starting week 7, we are finally seeing results. The pimples are fewer and smaller in size and the red spots from old pimples are fading. I have to admit that I had my doubts, but the change us definitely happening. Bottom line......stay the course. Also, my son is using Tretinoin as a topical cream in conjunction to Doxy."

Momoftwinsplus1 January 18, 2016

For Rosacea: "The reason I started this medication is because I have four bumps on my cheeks that's cause by my Rosacea & they won't go away, they will swell up and then turn pink for a while, it's just a cycle. I recently started this medication on Jan 4th. I haven't see any change or had any of the side effects many people have been complaining about. Maybe it's just too soon to say anything, it's 50mg but I have to take it twice a day on a full stomach NOT empty like many people do. I am also using metro gel so. I'm getting my monthly soon and I usually get little pimples. The bumps are getting lighter and a bit smaller but one of the bumps just swelled up and it's red and it looks like it has a bit of pus, so it sucks right now"

Remmus (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For Acne: "I started using doxycycline tablets around 1 month ago for my comadonal acne/pustules. During the first week, I did not think it would work and actually got even more breakouts, I almost gave up. After that it was amazing, The inflammation reduced significantly and the redness almost completely stopped. I recommend a regimen including Retin-A topical cream 0.1%, Doxycycline tablets and Cerave Moisturizer along with any cleanser you choose. I recommend taking the tablet with food and water to reduce bloating and nausea. Take as prescribed. The regimen and doxycycline should work on regular-oily skin type. I hope this helps, check out the other items in the regimen. Thanks guys!!!!"

Dr. Gorantla January 15, 2016

For Acne: "Only been taking it for a week and it is great though it makes you really nauseous"

jack0001 January 12, 2016

For Acne: "I have severe acne and this did close to nothing as well as every other thing dermantologists prescribe. :)"

Jacob317285 January 11, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I took doxy for contact dermititis, it cleared it up. But I am experiencing vaginal dryness as well.. Is this normal? Like the lady before said I also assume this is part of the drying out process."

JNbbbbb January 10, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking this medicine for a week. Took two straight away with food. Then one a day after with food. I've had no problems until today my six day. I woke late took the tablet with only a cup of coffee about 20 mins later felt unwell with slight stomach ache and felt chills all over my body. Felt bloated and sick so quickly got something to eat. And within a hour felt better do not take this on a empty stomach. Last day tomorrow. It's a good antibiotic... got rid of my upper respiratory infection and tooth infection..."

unarien January 10, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "After trying amoxicillan for 2 weeks with no success for a severve sinus infection I was changed to doxycline 100mcg twice daily . Just starting out on dose no real problems to report so far . Chemist advised 8 hour gap between doses and can take ibroprofen with this to reduce inflammation."

Cuz69 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016