User Reviews for Doxycycline

Also known as: Acticlate, Adoxa, Adoxa CK, Adoxa TT, Alodox, Avidoxy, Doryx, Doxy 100, Doxy 200, Doxy-Caps, Doxy-D, Doxy-Lemmon, Mondoxyne NL, Monodox, Morgidox, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Doxycycline.

Anthrax 1 reviews 26 medications

Lyme Disease, Arthritis 1 reviews 34 medications

Gastroenteritis 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Doxycycline reviews 611 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Doxycycline

For Ehrlichiosis: "I'm just on day 2 of a 10 day script and seems to work. The fever i fought for 5 days is gone. However, it feels like needles poking me all over my body. Also i wish i had known before not to lay down for at least 30 minutes after taking. I had THE WORST reflux pain I'd had in 3 years last night. Also some chest discomfort. All after 2 doses. Happy it's working on the infection causing the fever but alot of discomfort. Jury is still out, hopefully the side effects are short lived."

Mike573 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016

For Acne: "I been taking this med for 3weeks and i dont see much results I was hoping to see "better" results as soon as i started taking it but no :/ </3 i'm getting dissapointed I'm only 23yrs old and i have bad acne as much as I pretend I dont care i do so i really hope it works at some point and have am Okay face :("

Xoxoko May 20, 2016

For Pneumonia: "Second day taking it so I am not completely sure what to expect. The nausea is intense after taking it, although I expected that to happen with a heavier antibiotic. Trying it with an apple tonight."

Hayhay.xx May 20, 2016

For Acne: "I've been suffering from acne ever since I hit 12; which has been 10 years from since. I've tried so many things from topical creams to all sorts of drugstore treatments like anti-acne cleansers, gels, essential oils or exfoliating treatments which none has ever worked out for me. I've also changed my pillow cases more frequently and tried to drink green juices but they did very little. I also suffered from "textures" throughout my face and my body (chest and back). I tried to exfoliate these bumps almost on a daily basis, but it didn't work out well. Anyways I've taken these meds for about 4 weeks now and I've seen huge improvements and I'm clearing up and no more new acne at all. (Wanted to give more info but word limit)"

Brian Neo (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I started feeling nauseous, cramping, a pressure headache,a fever, and now I have started bleeding while cramping."

Justmyluck24 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

Doryx (doxycycline) for Acne: "I got prescribed Doryx, along with two topicals, Aczone in the morning and Ziana at night, when I was having moderate acne. I never have had extremely bad acne but I started to get multiple extremely painful pimples so I decided to get some treatment. The Doryx along with the two topicals work great, still get a few pimples here and there but much better than before. HOWEVER, with the coverage on my insurance this pill costs me $75 for a bottle of 30, 200mg tablets. It was $25 when I first started taking it about a year and a half ago and has just gone up in price ever since. Works great but is extremely expensive in my opinion."

Sxanb (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2016

For Acne: "Hi iv been taking this medication for 2 months now my first month was twice a day 100mg and this month iam taking once a day and it was really helped my skin clear up, also i read a few comments and alot of you girls get sick from it , and i did as well but take it with food!!!! Never on an empty stomatch that will make you feel sick and vomit!! Try taking with with food and see if it gets better!!! I hope this helps and let me know !! Thanks"

Marina1010 May 14, 2016

For Acne: "READ WHOLE THING- I had mild acne before going on doxy, which I took for about 3 months. I wasn't breaking out quite as much at that point, but I still got occasional blemishes. I'm not sure if the meds caused this improvement but it wasn't that significant of a difference. I wasn't breaking out as much but for some reason every single zit that popped up would leave a dark red mark (no scar tissue or indentation, just coloration) and these marks did NOT fade for months. My cheeks looked as If I had tons of acne even though I would only have one active breakout at a time. I had never heard of doxycycline causing something like this, but I decided to stop the meds and within a few weeks the discoloration drastically improved."

Bradne11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Acne: "I've been in doxy for a about 3 weeks straight now. My skin isint getting any worse, but it's not getting any better either. It also makes me so nauseas and I throw up sometimes. It doesn't seem worth it to me right now for the medication to be doing nothing except making me sick."

Cupcakejbvyubb May 11, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "For me this drug has helped when others have failed me. I started simponi and it worked great for months until I developed a severe allergic reaction to it for some reason then everything I tried after similar to simponi I became allergic to in some way. Finally I found an artical online that talked about the use of antibiotics to treat RA. That is when I asked my doctor about trying Doxycycline. She once took me off of it and tried Minocycline which did not work for me in fact it made me worse, please never try this. Then she took me off of everything I got worse again, until finally putting me back on the doxycycline recently and I am slowly getting better again."

Paetra May 6, 2016

For Acne: "I have been on Acticlate for 2 weeks now. The first week was awful. My face broke out all over and I become very worried. Tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks that I have been taking it and my face has cleared up soooo much. When you first start taking it is when the pill starts to bring up the nasty stuff from under your skin. It gets worse before it gets better."

ansss7329 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Oracea (doxycycline) for Rosacea: "Once a day dosing, works better that generic."

Chrisy2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2016

For Rosacea: "Amazing. 3 weeks ago my face was very red and burned like fire. I had developed deep red papules all over my nose and my upper cheeks. Total strangers stared at my face and asked me if I was OK a few times. I was so embarrassed I started staying home from social activities. 3 weeks after starting Doxycycline and Metrogel my face is 95% healed. My normal skin tone is for the most part restored. I only have a single tiny papule on my nose that is a light red color and not deep red. The deep red color and burning sensation are gone. I still have a pink tone to my nose and cheeks, but it is not unattractive and I actually feel comfortable going out without makeup on now."

Raquiellet May 1, 2016

For Acne: "I have mild acne around my chin, some bumps on my forehead, and black heads (which caused in large poors) on my nose down to my cheeks. A year ago I've have 3 flare up of inflamed cystic acne that would last for months until a dr had to inject steroids into it. My doctor put me on doxycycline 50mg 2x a day, as well as epido topical gel ointment. No complaints on the doxy but as for epido, the third day I used it it made my face extremely sensitive and dry to the point it stings when I put moisturizer on. I've stopped it until stinging settles down, then I'm going to apply every other day instead of every day."

Kimberly B (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Rosacea: "This did not cause any change in my rosacea whatsoever. I was started on 100 mg daily. After one month of no change, I contacted the dermatologist. They increased it to 2 times a day. I did that for about 1 week with no changes and finally said forget it. I'm not going to continue to take medication that doesn't work."

sarasarasara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Acne: "I just started acticlate about a week ago and I'll be honest, my face is 20x worse . I only get acne around my chin area, and I have never seen it this bad . BUT I have noticed I am starting to see slight improvement and I believe that it gets worse before it gets better . I will continue this product and hopefully have clear skin before long !"

Alia172916 April 27, 2016

For Acne: "I am 31 years old male and currently taking 100mg once a day. I have taken doxy 3 years ago for 4 months and it definitely worked like a miracle back then. I am glad my skin stayed fine for 3 years!! Sad part is..its back again! I never had any side effects especially if you are having plenty of fluids and not mixing with other supplements such as Iron and multivits tablets. In the beginning I felt as if my skin was more responsive to hot and cold temperatures but it's gone now. I would highly recommend doxy to all suffering from mild to severe acnes BUT you have to be patient to see it working!"

technorayyan (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection: "I Went To Go See The Gynecologist On Monday April 18th, I Went It Not Having Any Symptoms & I Had Gotten My Pap Smear Done & A Chlamydia Screening Done & On The 19th I Recieved A Phone Call Stating That I Was Positive For Chlamydia I Instantly Started Freaking Out Because Of The Whole 23 Years Of My Life I Have NEVER Had An STI, My Doctor Put My On This Medication It Was Literally Two Pills I Had To Take The Same Day (Azithromycin) I Took Those And The Next Day I Still Felt The Same Way So I Called My Doctor & Told Him What Was Going On And He Prescribed Me A Different Medication Called (Doxycycline) I've Been Taking This Medication Since The 20th But Idk If It's Working I'm Still Urinating A lot & It's Somewhat Uncomfortable."

Anonymousssssssss April 23, 2016

For Acne: "I've started this medication about three weeks ago and so far I'm a bit satisfied. I used this medication before, and this medication is suppose to make your acne ALOT worse because it takes all the bad stuff out of your body. The first 2 weeks were absolutely horrible, a would wake up with 3-5 new cystic pimples on my face and back everyday. When I used this before, I remember that it took me almost 4 months to be totally clear. The thing is to have LOTS of patience, because the first weeks are frustrating. I'm reaching to week 4 and in a year worth of the pills and I'm starting to see improvement on my complexion and less redness, as well as the pimple minimizing. I will put an update once I see dramatic results."

Anonymous Joe April 23, 2016

For Rosacea: "I had reached a point where my severe rosacea was extremely painful. I had contacted my doctor and begged for a prescription for amoxicillian. That was an antibiotic I was on for another condition, and cleared up my rosacea for a couple of weeks. The doctor said doxycycline would be better for my acne. I had not known at the time what I was suffering from was severe rosacea . my derm at the time diagnosed me with severe cystic acne. After 1 year of trial and error with numerous antibiotics, she put me on isotretinoin (sp). I took claravis, apprx 80 mg for 10 months. After being on a 2 wk course of doxy, my face has been clear for 11 months now."

emeraldspring70 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on doxycycline for almost 4 weeks now, twice a day. My skin has really started to get better but recently I started getting nauseous after taking. The nausea usually subsides in 20 minutes, so I just used to deal with it. Avoid taking it before a car ride/playing a game/sport etc because that triggers nausea. It's a miracle drug and I hope ot works that way for you. P.S. Its true, it gets worse before it gets better"

AnneN (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Lyme Disease, Arthritis: "For many years Amoxicillin was my drug of choice. Last year it stopped work on me. I had to use Doxycycline which caused terrible burns all over my skin after 1 week of use. Even the layer of sunscreen cream did not prevent the burns. It did not matter - if I stayed in the shade of the tree or if it was not sunny days - I got those burns. Because I had to do multiple jobs outside the house and go to the stores - this side effect created terrible problems for me. For somebody who can stay inside for entire month - this side effect probably non existent. The drug effectively cured the condition."

Simon777 April 15, 2016

For Acne: "Been taking doxy for 3 months now. Before doxy, I had mild acne on my forehead and some cystic ones that I would get around my period. Anyway, so I'm taking 100mg doxy twice per day + Tretinoin + Acanya. I don't have pimples anymore but still have some dark spots. If I should get a pimple it would be a really small one and usually it's dried out after a day or two. Today I went back to my dermatologist for check up and she put me on doxy again for another 3 months (so six months in total). She said she's adding another 3 months so that I will be completely breakout free. Only bad side effect I had with doxy is sometimes it makes me throw up."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

For Acne: "I'm a 19 year old female and my skin was perfect until I turned about 17. Then it still wasn't too bad, a couple of pimples every now and then. It started to get worse over the last couple of months, mild acne, so I was prescribed doxycycline 50mg once daily. I have been on it for three weeks now and my skin is worse than it has ever been. My face is covered in huge red sore bumps and I have scarring everywhere. I wake up with at least three new pimples a day. I am about to give up on this stuff because it has made my skin 10 times worse than it ever was. I have heard it gets worse before it gets better but I've read it usually only takes 2-3 weeks to see improvement but it doesn't look like it will be getting better anytime soon."

Taybow (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Acne: "I've been using this for acne. I've always had acne but about a month ago I had a crazy Breakout/flare out that extended from my hairline down my jaw line down my neck. Crazy?!?!! So I rang to my derm & he prescribed this 100mg 2x a day along with clindamycin topical solution & I've seen results in my first week! I read all the reviews so I was afraid of "it gets worst before it gets better" thankfully that wasn't the case for me. Honestly, this medicine has been amazing. I've followed it to the tee. No food 2 hrs before or 2 hrs after because it works best on an empty stomach. I've been lucky that I haven't had any side effects. It's been great at preventing breakouts so overall I'm super happy with this medication."

Lorenita728 April 10, 2016