Can I take 2 of cyclobenzaprine 10 mg?

You guys are silly they higher dosages than 10 so why not take two?? I have a bad back and I have taken why higher than that! Lol

Yes, nothing will happen, I take it myself nd have taken up to 3 including 1 hydrocodone nd 1 gabapentin at the same time

You shouldn't take 2 x 10mg cyclobenzaprine together, unless you doctor has advised you to do so.

While a dose of 20mg is fitting within the daily limit you should check with your doctor first. My pharmacist told me that it relaxes all muscles, it makes no differentiation between skeletal and other muscles. This was directly from my pharmacist whom I trust more than know it all's on the internet. That is why a glance at the drug fact sheet with your scrip says an overdose may impair heart and respiratory function. And shouldn't be mixed with alcohol. Call your doctor. They know your health history and are more equiped to answer your question. Hell, even a 24 hour nursing line would give you better information than you will get here.

Draconian 8 days ago

Is it alright to parachute 20mg for first time taking it or just do 10mg?

It's not recommended that you do that for the simple fact that Flexeril is used to relax your muscles. ALL your muscles, that includes your heart. And when taking two at a time CAN stop your heart. I've seen it happen and I've done it myself. It can also cause sever swelling in the back of your throat, making it hard to swallow or breathe.
I take one and a half because, like you said, one doesn't do much. But I do not recommend you even take over one. There are other drugs that can help you be relaxed.

EMTWhite 21 Sep 2015

You couldn't be more incorrect. Muscle relaxers only affect skeletal and smooth muscle systems. The heart is formed by a separate muscle group (cardiac muscle) and has its own chemical system. Cardiac Arrest is caused by an arythmia (V Fib). Taking two 10mg flelxiril will NOT cause cardiac arrest, at least not on its own. Every medication has a lethal dose and can cause cardiac arrest, but the thing that normally causes cardiac arrest related to drug overdoses is respiratory arrest. Please if you don't know what you are talking about, don't spread incorrect information.

jesi777 24 Oct 2015

EMT White : I totally agree with you! I hate when ppl start thinking there Middle name is Britanica! These wanna be human Encyclopedia ' s deal out wrong useless info, not knowing the damage they can cause later.

I do not recommend you do that, I have and I was sooo dopey it wasn't funny. Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxer and it will relax you too much if you do take two of them. You should only take two if your doctor o.k.'s it and don't drive your reflexes will not be the same. hope this helps, marjorie zych

elisabeet08 15 Sep 2011

so it's okay to take 2 though? I've taken one and it doesn't even relax anything. so I took 2. someone was trying to say you can die if you take two like wtf... I seen this though and the max is 60 a day??

cyclobenzaprine - Flexeril ®
Dosing (Adults): Usual dose: 10 mg orally three times daily. Max: 60 mg/day.
[Oral: Initial: 5 mg 3 times/day; may increase to 10 mg 3 times/day if needed. Do not use longer than 2-3 weeks.]

Mild: 5 mg 3 times/day; use with caution and titrate slowly.
Moderate to severe: Use not recommended.

PK: Onset of action: ~1 hour.

It is a muscle relaxer and your heart is a muscle, if you take too much at one time it can stop your heart

ExpectoPatronEm 8 Jan 2014

Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) works to relax skeletal muscle specifically. Your heart is a specialized cardiac muscle and is therefore not relaxed by the medication.

samurijack 17 Nov 2014

^sit down motleygirl

Ask your doctor, he'll know the right answer, not people on the web. If you want advice about muscle relaxers, BE CAREFUL! Your heart is a muscle; so, technically your heart will relax and slowly stop beating until you die. So take the right dosage, if the dose is to low and you can't see a doctor quickly, take a pill and split another in half, then take the half and the whole pill. Be safe.

magnusalpha 3 May 2014

Nope. Incorrect.

adowns0310 21 May 2015

U will not die if u take 2 flexirils. Ur heart is a cardiovascular muscle and flexirils is for mainly ur skeletal muscle system. Whoever put that ur heart will slowly stop beating is incorrect. Just be careful all it will do is make u feel dopey.