Xylocaine with Epinephrine Dental Cartridges Side Effects
Generic Name: epinephrine / lidocaine
Note: This document contains side effect information about epinephrine / lidocaine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Xylocaine with Epinephrine Dental Cartridges.
Applies to epinephrine / lidocaine: injection solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
For all uses of this drug:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of methemoglobinemia like a blue or gray color of the lips, nails, or skin; a heartbeat that does not feel normal; seizures; very bad dizziness or passing out; very bad headache; feeling very sleepy; feeling tired or weak; or shortness of breath.
- Signs of too much acid in the blood (acidosis) like confusion; fast breathing; fast heartbeat; a heartbeat the does not feel normal; very bad stomach pain, upset stomach, or throwing up; feeling very sleepy; shortness of breath; or feeling very tired or weak.
- Feeling hot or cold.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Change in eyesight.
- Ringing in ears.
- Trouble breathing, slow breathing, or shallow breathing.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Very nervous and excitable.
- Very bad headache.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Low mood (depression).
- Slow heartbeat.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Not able to get or keep an erection.
- Long-lasting burning, numbness, tingling, or paralysis in the lower half of the body.
- Stiff neck.
- If bright lights bother your eyes.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Xylocaine with Epinephrine Dental Cartridges (epinephrine / lidocaine)
- Xylocaine with Epinephrine Dental Cartridges Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: local injectable anesthetics