Vonvendi Side Effects
Generic name: von willebrand factor
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about von willebrand factor. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Vonvendi.
Applies to von willebrand factor: intravenous powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, von willebrand factor (the active ingredient contained in Vonvendi) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking von willebrand factor:
- Chest discomfort
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
Incidence not known
- Blurred vision
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- chest tightness
- coughing or spitting up blood
- difficulty with swallowing
- discoloration of the skin
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- redness of the skin
- trouble breathing
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness or feeling of sluggishness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of von willebrand factor may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feeling at the infusion site
- change in taste
- feeling of warmth
- loss of taste
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- sudden sweating
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
More about Vonvendi (von willebrand factor)
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.