Miochol-E / Steri-Tags Side Effects
Generic Name: acetylcholine ophthalmic
Note: This document contains side effect information about acetylcholine ophthalmic. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Miochol-E / Steri-Tags.
For the Consumer
Applies to acetylcholine ophthalmic: intraocular solution reconstituted
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your child's doctor or get medical help if your child has any side effects that bother your child or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to acetylcholine ophthalmic: compounding powder, intraocular powder for reconstitution
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Corneal edema, corneal clouding, corneal decompensation[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Breathing difficulties[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Sweating[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Miochol (acetylcholine chloride, intraocular)." Ciba Vision Ophthalmics, Duluth, GA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Miochol-E/Steri-Tags (acetylcholine ophthalmic)
- Miochol-E/Steri-Tags Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic glaucoma agents