Meta Trace FDG Side Effects
Generic name: fludeoxyglucose f18
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 15, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about fludeoxyglucose f18. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Meta Trace FDG.
Applies to fludeoxyglucose f18: intravenous solution.
Serious side effects of Meta Trace FDG
Along with its needed effects, fludeoxyglucose f18 (the active ingredient contained in Meta Trace FDG) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking fludeoxyglucose f18:
Incidence not known
- Difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- itching skin
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- swelling of the eyes, face, or inside of the nose
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Other side effects of Meta Trace FDG
Some side effects of fludeoxyglucose f18 may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
More about Meta Trace FDG (fludeoxyglucose f18)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.