Fluoride Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 9, 2022.
Applies to fluoride: oral solution, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable.
Serious side effects of Fluoride
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
Other side effects of Fluoride
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about fluoride
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (1)
- Drug images
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
- En español
- Drug Information
- Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets
- Sodium Fluoride Tablets
- Sodium Fluoride/Xylitol Chewable Tablets
- Sodium Fluoride Drops
Fluoritab, Luride, Altaflor, Fluor-A-Day, ... +3 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.