Coagadex Side Effects
Generic name: coagulation factor x
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 9, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about coagulation factor x. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Coagadex.
For the Consumer
Applies to coagulation factor x: intravenous powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, coagulation factor x (the active ingredient contained in Coagadex) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking coagulation factor x:
Incidence not known
- Blurred vision
- burning, stinging, redness, pain, or swelling at the infusion site
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- feeling of warmth
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- tightness in the chest
- trouble breathing
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, or weakness or feeling of sluggishness
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of coagulation factor x may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to coagulation factor x: intravenous powder for injection
More about Coagadex (coagulation factor x)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Coagadex (coagulation factor X)." Bio Products Laboratory, Raleigh, NC.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.