Coagadex Side Effects
Generic Name: coagulation factor x
Note: This page contains information about the side effects of coagulation factor x. Some of the dosage forms included on this document may not apply to the brand name Coagadex.
For the Consumer
Applies to coagulation factor x: intravenous powder for solution
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by coagulation factor x (the active ingredient contained in Coagadex). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking coagulation factor x, check with your doctor or nurse immediately:Incidence not known:
- Blurred vision
- burning, stinging, redness, pain, or swelling at the infusion site
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- feeling of warmth
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- tightness in the chest
- trouble breathing
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, or weakness or feeling of sluggishness
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Minor Side Effects
Some of the side effects that can occur with coagulation factor x may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:More common:
- Back pain
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to coagulation factor x: intravenous powder for injection
The most common adverse reactions were infusion site erythema, infusion site pain, fatigue, and back pain.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Coagadex (coagulation factor X)." Bio Products Laboratory, Raleigh, NC.
Not all side effects for Coagadex may be reported. You should always consult a doctor or healthcare professional for medical advice. Side effects can be reported to the FDA here.
More about Coagadex (coagulation factor x)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.