Ciprofloxacin / hydrocortisone otic Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 24, 2023.
Applies to ciprofloxacin/hydrocortisone otic: otic suspension.
Serious side effects
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking ciprofloxacin / hydrocortisone otic:
Incidence not known
- Blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of the skin
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- cracked, dry, or scaly skin
- hives or welts
- redness of the skin
- skin rash
Other side effects
Some side effects of ciprofloxacin / hydrocortisone otic may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to ciprofloxacin / hydrocortisone otic: otic suspension.
Common (1% to 10%): Fever, otitis externa (non-treated ear), otitis media
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Full sensation of the ear
Common (1% to 10%): Pruritus
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Rash, urticaria
Postmarketing reports: Fungal skin infection, skin exfoliation[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Hypesthesia, paresthesia
Frequency not reported: Migraine
Postmarketing reports: Dizziness[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Infection[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Ear disorder, ear pain
Frequency not reported: Cough[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Blurred vision
More about ciprofloxacin / hydrocortisone otic
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (1)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: otic steroids with anti-infectives
- En español
- Ciprofloxacin and hydrocortisone otic drug information
- Ciprofloxacin and hydrocortisone (Advanced Reading)
- Ciprofloxacin and Hydrocortisone
Related treatment guides
1. Product Information. Cipro HC (ciprofloxacin-hydrocortisone otic). Bayer.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. Australian Product Information.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.