Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 17, 2020.
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: benzocaine 0.1g in 1g
Labeler: Blairex Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 50486-550
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Oral pain reliever
temporarily relieves pain caused by:
- canker sores
- minor mouth sores and gum irritations
- denture and brace pain
- keep away from fire or flame
- do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other “caine” anesthetics
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- swelling, rash or fever develops
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- apply only to affected area
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid contact with the eyes
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a physician or dentist
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center immediately.
|adults and children |
2 years and older
|Dry affected area. Apply a thin coat of gel with cotton swab or clean finger up to 4 times daily. Allow to dry 30-60 seconds.|
|children under 12 years||adult supervision should be given in the use of this product|
|children under 2 years||do not use, consult a physician or dentist|
- do not peel off protective film. Attempting to peel off film may result in skin irritation or tenderness. To remove film, first apply another coat of Zilactin-B Long Lasting Mouth Sore Gel to film, and immediately wipe the area with a moist gauze pad or tissue.
- contains alcohol 65% by volume
- store at 15-30°C (59-86°F)
Boric acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, propylene glycol, purified water, salicylic acid, SD alcohol 38-B, tannic acid
Manufactured for: Blairex Laboratories, Inc. P.O. Box 2127 Columbus, IN 47202 USA
|Labeler - Blairex Laboratories, Inc. (092575133)|
More about Zilactin-B (benzocaine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- FDA Alerts (4)