Exubera Approved - Pfizer Inc - Treatment for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in AdultsExubera is a rapid-acting, dry powder human insulin that is inhaled through the mouth into the lungs prior to eating, using the handheld Exubera Inhaler. Exubera is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with diabetes mellitus, either as monotherapy, or in combination with oral agents or longer-acting insulins.
Posted: January 2006
- Pfizer and sanofi-aventis Statement on Status of Exubera - October 28, 2005
- BioSante Encouraged by FDA Panel on Exubera, Superior Results of Own Inhaled Insulin Study - September 21, 2005
- FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval of Exubera for Use in Adults With Type 1 and 2 Diabetes - September 8, 2005
- Pfizer and the Sanofi-Aventis Group Seek Approval to Market Exubera in the United States - March 2, 2005
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.