PennsaidTreatment for Osteoarthritis
Update: Pennsaid Now FDA Approved - November 4, 2009
Nuvo Receives Approvable Letter From U.S. FDA for PennsaidPennsaid is a topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) used for the treatment of osteoarthritis and is currently approved for sale in Canada and several European countries. Pennsaid allows the diclofenac solution to be delivered to a specific site via the surface of the skin and thus avoids complications associated with systemic delivery. According to published clinical trials, Pennsaid is as effective as the maximum daily dose of comparable oral medication at relieving pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, as well as improving overall well-being.
About Nuvo Research Inc.Nuvo is focused on developing innovative site-specific therapeutics that are delivered topically using the Company's skin-penetrating technologies. Nuvo's lead product is Pennsaid(R), a topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) used for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Nuvo intends to leverage its skin-penetrating technologies to create a portfolio of transdermal products targeting a variety of indications.
Nuvo Research Inc. is a publicly traded, Canadian pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, with its research and development facility in San Diego, California and manufacturing facilities in Varennes, Quebec and Wanzleben, Germany. For more information, please visit www.nuvoresearch.com.
Posted: December 2006
- FDA Approves Pennsaid Topical Solution - November 5, 2009
- FDA Extends Review of Pennsaid Diclofenac Sodium Topical Solution - August 5, 2009
- FDA Accepts Nuvo's Resubmission For Pennsaid - February 19, 2009
- Nuvo Provides Update on Discussions with the FDA Related toPennsaid Approval - June 19, 2007
- Nuvo Continues Discussions with the FDA Related to Pennsaid - June 6, 2007
- Nuvo announces further update on discussions with the FDA related to review of Pennsaid - March 7, 2007
- Nuvo Announces Update on Discussions With FDA Related to Approval of Pennsaid - February 9, 2007
- Nuvo’s Pennsaid NDA Resubmission Accepted for Review by U.S. FDA - July 13, 2006
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.