LevadexTreatment for Migraine
MAP Pharmaceuticals Resubmits New Drug Application to FDA for Levadex Orally Inhaled Migraine Drug
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that it has resubmitted its New Drug Application (NDA) to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Levadex orally inhaled migraine drug for the potential acute treatment of migraine in adults.
"We have worked diligently on our Levadex resubmission and, based on our dialogue with the FDA, we believe that we have addressed the issues outlined by the FDA in the Complete Response letter we received in March 2012," said Timothy S. Nelson, president and chief executive officer of MAP Pharmaceuticals. "We continue to dedicate ourselves to making this potential new treatment for migraine sufferers available to many of the millions of patients whose migraines are not well treated with the options available today."
About MAP Pharmaceuticals
MAP Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing new therapies to address undermet patient needs in neurology. The Company is developing Levadex®, an orally inhaled investigational drug for the acute treatment of migraine. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewed the New Drug Application (NDA) for Levadex and on March 26, 2012, the Company received a Complete Response letter with respect to this NDA. MAP Pharmaceuticals has entered into a collaboration agreement with Allergan, Inc. to co-promote Levadex to neurologists and pain specialists in the U.S. and Canada. The Company also applies its proprietary drug particle and inhalation technologies to generate new pipeline opportunities by enhancing the therapeutic benefits of proven drugs, while minimizing risk by capitalizing on their known safety, efficacy and commercialization history. Additional information about MAP Pharmaceuticals can be found at http://www.mappharma.com.
CONTACT: Christopher Y. Chai, Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (650) 386-3107; or media, Lisa Borland, (650) 386-3122, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Web Site: http://www.mappharma.com
Posted: October 2012
- Allergan Receives Complete Response Letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Levadex (dihydroergotamine) New Drug Application - April 16, 2013
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Provides Update Following Meeting with FDA for Levadex (dihydroergotamine) New Drug Application - June 25, 2012
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Provides Update on Levadex Program - April 12, 2012
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Receives Complete Response Letter from FDA for Levadex (dihydroergotamine) NDA - March 26, 2012
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Issued U.S. Patent for Methods of Achieving Rapid Relief of Migraine and Minimizing Side Effects Based Upon Pharmacokinetic Profile - August 11, 2011
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Acceptance for Filing of NDA for Levadex - August 2, 2011
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Submits New Drug Application to FDA for Levadex Orally Inhaled Migraine Drug - May 27, 2011
- MAP Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Will Not Require a Second Pivotal Efficacy Study for Levadex NDA Submission - January 11, 2010