Quick answer, please. How close can 2nd dose of Suprep be?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 25, 2020.
I was suppose to take my Suprep at 5:00pm then 10:00pm. But, it took me 2.5 hours to drink the first dose. Is it OK to take the 2nd dose? Also how long before your colonoscopy do you have to be finished drinking? Thank you
Still take the second dose at 10pm. If you start to feel nauseous take a break of around half an hour in between sips. A ginger hard candy or lemon slice may be helpful. Some find drinking it cold and through a straw helpful, and others mix it with a sports drink or powdered drinks mix.
The second dose needs to be taken around 6 hours before the procedure.
For a colonoscopy to be successful emptying the contents of the colon is very important.
Related Medical Questions
- Suprep - what to do if you vomit after the first bottle and still have the 2nd bottle to go?
- Suprep - Can I start the prep earlier?
- How do you take Plenvu for colonoscopy preparation?
- What is the difference between Clenpiq and Prepopik?
- What is the difference between Plenvu and MoviPrep?