Winifred1

Default Winifred1

Hi Everyone, I am based in the UK. I have been addicted to a cough medication called Terpin & Codeine Linctus for over 6 years. I managed to give it up for 6 months 2 years ago, but got a cough and hey thought I was strong, and started taking the linctus again (I thought I could just give it up again). This is my 10th attempt since that time, and I have managed to go 10days now, using the Thomas Recipe without taking any codeine, but I am absolutely exhausted because I have restless legs every night - how long before this symptom goes away - I am not getting any sleep at night.
    The other thing that nobody mentions is the sneezing, I feel like I have hay fever. Apart from that I feel so determined not to take anymore codeine, I even went for couple of sessions of hypnosis, which was a total waste of money. The only way forward I think is to get yourself in the right frame of mind to give this evil thing up. Good luck to everyone with trying to get off opiates.

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Winifred I so understand where you are coming from. I will keep the hypnosis in mind and pass on trying that. I don't know why the sneezing but it is totally normal. It did get less but really I sneezed for 45 days or so. Not allot maybe like 2 or 3 times a day in the the last month.

Congratulations on your 10 days!!!