Drug interactions between fluconazole and Malarone
Interactions between your drugs
- Fluconazole is in the drug class azole antifungals.
- Fluconazole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Candida Urinary Tract Infection
- Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis
- Coccidioidomycosis, Meningitis
- Cryptococcal Meningitis, Immunocompetent Host
- Cryptococcal Meningitis, Immunosuppressed Host
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Fungal Infection Prevention
- Fungal Infection Prophylaxis
- Fungal Infection, Internal and Disseminated
- Fungal Peritonitis
- Fungal Pneumonia
- Onychomycosis, Fingernail
- Onychomycosis, Toenail
- Oral Thrush
- Systemic Candidiasis
- Tinea Corporis
- Tinea Cruris
- Tinea Versicolor
- Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Malarone is a member of the drug class antimalarial combinations.
- Malarone is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Malarone (atovaquone / proguanil)
Food significantly enhances the absorption of atovaquone. You should take each dose of atovaquone at the same time each day with a meal or a milky drink. If you receive enteral nutrition (tube feeding), take atovaquone with your feeding. Taking it on an empty stomach may lead to inadequate blood levels and reduced effectiveness of the medication. Talk to your doctor if you have questions or have difficulty taking atovaquone with food.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.