Drug Interactions between Eliquis and losartan
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Eliquis (apixaban)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Eliquis and losartan. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
- Eliquis is in the drug class factor Xa inhibitors.
Eliquis is used to treat the following conditions:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Losartan is in the drug class angiotensin receptor blockers.
- Losartan is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: losartan
If you are taking losartan you should avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes or over-the-counter potassium supplements without first talking to your doctor. This can cause high levels of potassium in your blood. High levels of potassium can cause weakness, irregular heartbeat, confusion, tingling of the extremities, or feelings of heaviness in the legs. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
In some patients grapefruits and grapefruit juice may decrease the efficacy of losartan. Grapefruits and grapefruit juice should be avoided if an interaction is suspected. Orange juice is not expected to interact.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|