Hurricaine topical anesthetic gel: 1 oz. wild cherry, pina colada, watermelon, fresh mint, 0.18 oz. wild cherry
Active Ingredient Purpose
Benzocaine 20%...........................................Oral Anesthetic
for the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain, associated with:
- canker sores
- sore mouth and throat
- minor dental procedures
- minor injury of the mouth and gums
- minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
For Gel/Liquid Only 0.18 oz. gel tube, and Liquid Swab Travel Pack
- sore gums due to teething in infants and children 4 months of age and older
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other "caine" anesthetics.
Stop use and ask a doctor
- if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea or vomiting
- if sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, or if irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
For Gel/Liquid Only • 0.18 oz. gel tube, and Liquid Swab Travel Pack
- Fever and nasal congestion are not symptoms of teething and may indicate the presence of infection.
If these symptoms persist, consult your doctor
When using this product • avoid contact with eyes.
Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
For Spray only
- do not store at temperature above 49° C (120° F)
- do not puncture or incinerate. Contents under pressure.
Use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
- do not exceed recommended dosage
For Gel/Liquid Only 0.18 oz. gel tube and Liquid Swab Travel Pack
Sore gums due to teething:
- do not use if tamper evident seal is broken
- store at 20°-25° C (68°-77° F)
Inactive ingredients flavor, polyethylene glycol, sodium saccharin
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION:
This product may also be used for the following professional indications:
• Throat infections • Stomatitis • Tonsilitis • Pharyngitis
Methemoglobinemia has been reported following the use of benzocaine on extremely rare occasions.
Specific treatment: methylene blue (1 to 2 mg per kg of body weight, intravenously) and/or ascorbic acid (100 to 200 mg orally). *
GEL: • 1 oz. jar - available in Original Wild Cherry, Pina Colada, Watermelon and Fresh Mint flavors
- 0.18 oz. tube - Original Wild Cherry flavored
LIQUID: • 1 fl. oz. jar - available in Original Wild Cherry and Pina Colada flavors
SELF CONTAINED SWAB APPLICATORS:
Original Wild Cherry flavored
- Travel Pack of 6 Swabs
- Dispenser Box of 100 Swabs
SPRAY: Original Wild Cherry flavored
- Spray - 2 oz. Spray can & 1 extension tube
- Spray Kit - 2 oz. Spray can & 200 extension tubes
Questions or comments? 1-800-238-8542 or 1-847-473-1100 M-Th: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., F: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT.
Beutlich LP, Pharmaceuticals:
Waukegan, IL 60085
www.beutlich.com*USP DI 2005 p. 190.
HURRICANE is a registered trademark of Beutlich LP, Pharmaceuticals
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.