Dimetapp cold allergy elixir
Each 5 mL (1 teaspoonful) contains:
Brompheniramine Maleate, USP................... 1 mg
Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, USP........ 15 mg
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
Each teaspoon contains : sodium 3 mg.
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Dosage cup provided.
Inactive Ingredients: artificial flavor, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Purple, grape-flavored liquid in bottles of 4 fl oz, 8 fl oz, and 12 fl oz. Not a USP elixir.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.