Varibar Pudding Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 5, 2021.
- The recommended oral dose of VARIBAR PUDDING delivered by oral syringe or spoon:
- Adults 5 mL
- Pediatric patients 1-3 mL
- During a single modified barium swallow examination, multiple doses of VARIBAR PUDDING may be administered as appropriate, to assess the patient during multiple swallows and different radiographic views.
- The maximum cumulative dose is 30 mL oral.
- Once opened, write the discard after date on the immediate container label. Discard any unused product after 21 days.
Important Administration Instructions
- Advise patients to hydrate following the barium sulfate procedure.
- Advise patient at risk for constipation or delayed gastrointestinal transit to monitor for worsening of their condition after administration of barium sulfate and seek medical attention if worsening and advise using laxatives to enhance gastrointestinal transit.
More about Varibar Pudding (barium sulfate)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.