Otiprio Ear Drops Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 10, 2020.
Generic name: CIPROFLOXACIN 6mg in 1mL
Dosage form: otic suspension
Dosage and Important Administration Instructions
- OTIPRIO is for intratympanic or otic administration by a healthcare professional only.
- OTIPRIO is intended for single-patient use, discard unused portion.
- For bilateral otitis media with effusion, administer OTIPRIO as a single intratympanic administration of one 0.1 mL (6 mg) dose into each affected ear of pediatric patients (6 months of age and older), following suctioning of middle ear effusion.
- For acute otitis externa, administer OTIPRIO as a single 0.2 mL (12 mg) administration to the external ear canal of each affected ear of patients aged 6 months and older.
Preparation of OTIPRIO
Directions for OTIPRIO dose preparation and handling are presented in Figure 1.The directions differ for each indication. Follow the correct directions.
Frequently asked questions
More about Otiprio (ciprofloxacin otic)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: otic anti-infectives
- FDA Approval History
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.