Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2021.
Generic name: Barium Sulfate 980mg in 1g
Dosage form: powder, for oral suspension
2.1 Recommended Dosage
The recommended dose of reconstituted E-Z-HD for adults and pediatric patients 12 years and olderis between 65 and 135 mL given orally (155 to 321 grams of barium sulfate, respectively). Volumes closer to 65 mL are recommended for the examination of the esophagus and volumes up to 135 mL are recommended for examination of the entire upper GI tract.
2.2 Instructions for Reconstitution
- Accurately measure 65 mL of water and add this water to the bottle containing the supplied E-Z-HD powder
- Replace cap securely on bottle and shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Wait 5 minutes and re-shake bottle thoroughly. Reconstitution yields approximately 140 mL of E-Z-HD for oral suspension containing 2.38 grams of barium sulfate per mL
2.3 Administration Instructions
- Administer the reconstituted E-Z-HD for oral suspension immediately upon reconstitution
- To use with a straw, remove the adhesive label from top of the cap. Remove cap and use straw to push out cap liner. Replace cap
- Discard any unused suspension
- Advise patients to hydrate following the barium sulfate procedure
More about E-Z-HD (barium sulfate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.