Stamaril (yellow fever vaccine) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Stamaril (yellow fever vaccine):
Vaccination (Includes Stamaril) ↔ Infections
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Fever, Infection - Bacterial/Fungal/Protozoal/Viral
Ideally, vaccination should occur when an individual is healthy, thus minimizing the risk of an adverse host reaction and/or vaccine failure. However, a current or recent infection does not necessarily preclude the use of vaccines, depending on the severity of the patient's symptoms and their etiology. Superficial infections and minor acute illnesses such as a mild upper respiratory infection with or without low-grade fever do not contraindicate immunization, particularly if prompt administration of a vaccine is deemed necessary or beneficial. In fact, when vaccines are administered during the course of a minor illness, the risk of adverse events is not increased, and serum antibody response is not often diminished. On the other hand, if fever or symptoms suggest a moderate or severe illness, it is usually appropriate to withhold vaccination until the patient has recovered. In addition to the potential risks already mentioned, evolving signs and symptoms of the illness can sometimes confound the diagnosis of a vaccine reaction if it develops. In the presence of any infection, the decision to administer or withhold/defer immunization should take into consideration the benefits versus the risks to an individual patient.
- "Product Information. Cholera vaccine (cholera vaccine)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Pneumovax 23 (pneumococcal vaccine, polyvalent)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. YF-Vax (yellow fever vaccine)." sanofi pasteur, Swiftwater, PA.
- "Product Information. Typhim Vi (typhoid vaccine)." Connaught, Swiftwater, PA.
- "Product Information. Varivax (varicella virus vaccine live)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Attenuvax (measles virus vaccine, live, attenuated)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Engerix-B (hepatitis B vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Meruvax II (rubella virus vaccine, live)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Orimune (poliovirus vaccine, live, oral, trivalent)." Lederle Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Menomune-A/C/Y/W-135 (meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine)." Connaught, Swiftwater, PA.
- "Product Information. Mumpsvax (mumps virus vaccine (live).)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Omnihib (haemophilus b conjugate vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases; Peter G, ed. "Red BooK: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 24th" Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics (1997):
- "Product Information. Havrix (hepatitis A vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Plague Vaccine (plague vaccine)." Greer Laboratories Inc, Lenoir, NC.
Stamaril (yellow fever vaccine) drug Interactions
There are 216 drug interactions with Stamaril (yellow fever vaccine)
More about Stamaril (yellow fever vaccine)
- Stamaril Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: viral vaccines
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.